The talking about Liverpool FC thread. (1 Viewer)

got to assume they know what they're doing. anywya, transfer kitty ain't an issue now til the summer, so they can mull over it a while.

you should see the Liverpool messageboards.. they're going absollutely spare, calling for sack the board...what a bunch of kneejerk tits!

you should see the Liverpool messageboards.. they're going absollutely spare, calling for sack the board...what a bunch of kneejerk tits!

yeah, can someone explain to me why an american with a track record in sports franchises is worse than a bunch of oil barons with links to the arms industry?

i don't like saying this but maybe the best thing for liverpool in the long run would be to leave behind any (flimsy) pretense of ethics, doing the right thing, the soul of the club and all that, and just get real and adopt a (poxy) corporate model. it's the only way to compete with the other top teams. certainly doesn't seem to have done manure any harm. chelsea don't count as they had nothing to lose in the first place.

in a few years time you'll have a liverpool fc team playing in a new (possibly 'The Carslberg') stadium, managed by a string of foreigners, coaching a litany of foreign players and not having won the league in two decades. now to me that's a million miles away from the liverpool of the 60s, 70s and 80s and so maybe now's the time to wake up, get real and move on.

yeah, can someone explain to me why an american with a track record in sports franchises is worse than a bunch of oil barons with links to the arms industry?

i don't like saying this but maybe the best thing for liverpool in the long run would be to leave behind any (flimsy) pretense of ethics, doing the right thing, the soul of the club and all that, and just get real and adopt a (poxy) corporate model. it's the only way to compete with the other top teams. certainly doesn't seem to have done manure any harm. chelsea don't count as they had nothing to lose in the first place.

in a few years time you'll have a liverpool fc team playing in a new (possibly 'The Carslberg') stadium, managed by a string of foreigners, coaching a litany of foreign players and not having won the league in two decades. now to me that's a million miles away from the liverpool of the 60s, 70s and 80s and so maybe now's the time to wake up, get real and move on.

I disagree about that. There's nothing stopping the the club's current attitude and approach and the current squad from winning any trophy. They played shite at the start of the league, especially away from home in difficult games, but there's no team they cannot beat and millions of pounds isn't going to make the slow start not happen.

I disagree about that. There's nothing stopping the the club's current attitude and approach and the current squad from winning any trophy. They played shite at the start of the league, especially away from home in difficult games, but there's no team they cannot beat and millions of pounds isn't going to make the slow start not happen.

eh, i didn't say anything about the potential of the current liverpool team, although i do still think they have alot to prove against the top sides. the chelsea win, whilst hugely enjoyable, was made much less meaningful by the lack of a defence. against the top three away this year they have been as bad as i have ever seen. the manure fans were olé-ing each pass of the ball in old trafford near the end ffs.

my point is that alot of liverpool fans, myself included, are desperately trying to hold on to the past and that it's about time the club and the fans got real and made the most of what is still an attractive brand in the current capitalist environment, instead of pretending we're still back in the late 70's and that any team with a bit of pluck, luck and a good manager can win any trophy. the game's changed for the worst but the club should be willing to make the best of the situation and move with the times or else risk being left behind.

rafas gone and picked a real team today

we'll stroll it

fair play rafa
i think its only the second or third time hes picked
the team i would pick

kuyt rendered useless in that line up and formation.

pennant still doesnt cut it.

whats the point having bellamy if youre not gonna slide balls through for him? or try to at least?

liverpool just gave the ball away time after time...first touches were woeful.

the diving wanker should have won it for everton - who should be tried for crimes against football and hence humanity.

You'd make a shit manager skinner...;)

yeah what can i say
whipped them without actually doing anythiNG
we need to practice set pieces
ive never seen a team as bad from corners and frees as us
shite

when will we get some decent wingers? (the ten year old q)
kuyt on the left is stupid
it should be bellamy out there

we've thrown what little we had away
fighting for turd (again)

kuyt rendered useless in that line up and formation.

pennant still doesnt cut it.

whats the point having bellamy if youre not gonna slide balls through for him? or try to at least?

liverpool just gave the ball away time after time...first touches were woeful.

the diving wanker should have won it for everton - who should be tried for crimes against football and hence humanity.

agreed on the first touches
shite

gerrard needs a toe in the hole

pennant is and always will be shit
except his goal against chelski

lobbing the ball in to crouch is fucking useless
hes shite in the air
hes still good , just shite in the air

agreed on the first touches
shite

gerrard needs a toe in the hole

pennant is and always will be shit
except his goal against chelski

lobbing the ball in to crouch is fucking useless
hes shite in the air
hes still good , just shite in the air

crouch has a sponge head. when he heads the ball he takes the momentum out of it. rafa needs to teach him aggression. maybe chelsea would give us a loan of john terry for training?

alonso could do with a toe in the hole as well. thought he ws very sluggish.
spraying fancy dan passes all over the shop but not hurting everton with them.

anyone got the stats on how many freekicks liverpool have scored this year? or corners they have scored from cos like the skinner said theyre fuckin useless at them...had arteta a couple of the freekicks pool had yesterday everton would be beaming today.

during that match yesterday i almost left the pub on 65 minuted such was the shite i was watching.

it was potentially a strong 11 but should've been bellend on the left. i thought alonso had a terrible match in particular and kuyt's not really been as involved in the last few games. pennant and crouch just don't cut it for me. on the balance of it they probably won a couple of league matches recently that they mightn't have so this sort of result was coming.

also agree that they're useless at set pieces. all season they very rarely fire the ball into the box from free kicks outside shooting range which is strange as they have a few lads who should be able to challenge in the air. gerrard is a woeful corner taker. i think they scored from one earlier in the season that bellamy took?

against blackburn i think
I was slagging them that day about it before we scored
think they might have had one chalked off too

pennants delivery is woeful
so is gerrards from a dead ball , weird cos when hes running with
the ball hes pretty good

crouch aint liverpool good but because we cant depend on any
of our other strikers to score regularly he is still one of our best
options , it pains me to say it but fowler aint so good any more

its not just crossing from deadballs
none of them can shoot properly on freekicks
then they revert to rolling the ball a bit and having it charged down
if you roll the ball roll it far enough to take the wall out
or else learn to kick the ball dead - 80% or more hit the wall

Looks like the Gillett/Hicks thing is a done deal. It's a sad day in a way, but sure'n the days of the boot room are long gone and like I was saying already I think this should help put the historical stuff in context so it's not a millstone around their necks anymore. A clean break into the soulless corporate modern era. If you can't beat them (and they can't), join them.

Hicks seems to be someone who has no probs splashing the cash http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_1898824,00.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back