The Slane Girl Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
do not miss your chance to blow,
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

Man...there's a lot of sensible points made here, more than what I've heard on the news on the radio etc. Everyone has to feel sorry for the poor girl involved, maybe she was out of her mind on booze or drugs, and was easily persuaded, maybe didn't need persuasion to do it! Teens are going to have to think about their actions at parties/gigs way more than any other generations in history because at any time they are surrounded by 5 to 50 mobile phone cameras.

The fact is, humans are not smart or cautious enough generally to respect the power and speed of all social media, but especially facebook. There seems to be a disconnect in human logic. People are broadcasting their private lives willingly, for attention or 'likes', who knows how all of this info and photos will be abused by future governments to control the populations, NSA stuff etc. People need to wake up!

..Everyone has to feel sorry for the poor girl involved, maybe she was out of her mind on booze or drugs, and was easily persuaded, maybe didn't need persuasion to do it!..

To be fair though theres no look of drink or drugs about her, and its most likely herself and the three lads were just having sex, enjoying the public aspect of it. They weren't hurting anyone so I don't really see the fuss, maybe she just has that kink, group sex in public with multiple strangers, similar to people who get off on 'dogging'? None of anyone elses business.

Man...there's a lot of sensible points made here, more than what I've heard on the news on the radio etc. Everyone has to feel sorry for the poor girl involved, maybe she was out of her mind on booze or drugs, and was easily persuaded, maybe didn't need persuasion to do it! Teens are going to have to think about their actions at parties/gigs way more than any other generations in history because at any time they are surrounded by 5 to 50 mobile phone cameras.

The fact is, humans are not smart or cautious enough generally to respect the power and speed of all social media, but especially facebook. There seems to be a disconnect in human logic. People are broadcasting their private lives willingly, for attention or 'likes', who knows how all of this info and photos will be abused by future governments to control the populations, NSA stuff etc. People need to wake up!
I don't overshare on stalkbook because it's embarrassing, not because I'm worried about what government or other is going to do with my personal deets. I mean really, what dreadful things are they going to do with the knowledge that I once attended Maynooth University and a photo of me standing beside a picture that says 'Spa'.

To be fair though theres no look of drink or drugs about her, and its most likely herself and the three lads were just having sex, enjoying the public aspect of it. They weren't hurting anyone so I don't really see the fuss, maybe she just has that kink, group sex in public with multiple strangers, similar to people who get off on 'dogging'? None of anyone elses business.
But don't you see the contradiction there? If part of what they were getting off on was making it everyone else's business maybe they shouldn't be so upset that now is EVERYONE else's business.

Féile 1991, dirty feckers
575839_436380563120239_222563503_n.jpg

But don't you see the contradiction there? If part of what they were getting off on was making it everyone else's business maybe they shouldn't be so upset that now is EVERYONE else's business.

Yes but its not for others to participate in taking photos and making a video. The people looking on didn't sign a non-disclosure agreement of course but you have to expect some kind of honor among festival-goers surely? Anyway, the acts themselves are fairly run of the mill stuff, its the culture thats titliated by them thats at fault here. What 17 year old woman hasn't given out a few blowies and what young man hasn't received them? Its the double standard of holding these four people to account for the simple act of having enjoyable sex when everyone is at it themselves, or at the very least would like to be. Theres definitely a large dollop of sour grapes in this situation, people simply narked to see youth expressing its sexuality, in your face, as nature intended.

but you have to expect some kind of honor among festival-goers surely?

that was the point made before about self-policing and I think it largely does exist. Shit happens all the time but its rare enough someone is stupid and reckless enough to photograph it and post it on the internet. I've seen the pictures (sadly). There are lots of people around, it looks like a busy spot and I'm sure more than just whoever took those pics had their phones with them, yet how many others took and posted photos online?

It only takes 1 bad egg, etc

The smell of pish around the jax must've been overpowering, but a good spot to get noticed I suppose.

Tongue kissing at a festival/gig = if you must but get out of my face

Having sex or giving blowjobs in front of general public at festival/gig = Are you insane? Not normal. Expect the worst possible outcome. Publicly shared photo of you doing it, or maybe gang rape

BTW...I'm not saying its the girls fault, those guys were being complete scumbags. One of them should of thought, "this is horrible, lets not do this in public"

..Are you insane? Not normal. Expect the worst possible outcome. Publicly shared photo of you doing it, or maybe gang rape

Well there is the matter of the criminal complaint lodged by this woman, although i've not seen any details reported.

Well there is the matter of the criminal complaint lodged by this woman, although i've not seen any details reported.

While no formal complaint to the Garda has been made by the girl, sources familiar with the case expect a complaint will come as early as this week.

The female teenager made a verbal complaint to gardaí working at Saturday’s concert that she had been seriously sexually assaulted at the venue, though the timeline of what occurred is unclear. Her parents were contacted and they travelled to the concert.

Later that night, images and video emerged of her and a young man engaged in a lewd act. Within hours, other images emerged of the girl and a second male teenager.

The Irish Times understands the girl’s complaint, made verbally to gardaí while in a distressed state at the venue, does not relate to the events depicted in any of the photographs or videos that subsequently emerged.

When she made that complaint she was taken into the care of gardaí at the venue. She has since been examined at a sexual assault unit.
Gardaí are reviewing the photographs and videos that have emerged and will also review the results of her medical examination. Blood tests were carried out as part of that examination and may reveal if her drink was spiked.

makes it fairly clear that she made the first complaint to the gardaí on site before the shitstorm kicked off on the twitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back