The Slane Girl Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats commendable and hopefully it will be a sizeable donation. I hope you can prevent any linking to the video, pictures, or these peoples identities.
it won't be that much but it's the principle.

if anyone posted, linked to or named anyone they'd be banned.

Outside of the relative soundness of thumped I've heard of some pretty bad "she deserved it, he's a legend" *high-five* reactions from people. People far too old to not know better as well.

and here I was going on with my high falutin' ideas about society and technology when some people still haven't left the starting line.
ok thats fair enough. I'd like to think (though probably naievely so) that things have levelled out a bit though.

The day this stuff was sprawled all over twitter I had one single tweet in my entire timeline referring to it, and that was a person giving out about it. I didn't know what he was on about so I went to find out.

I'm guessing this is the same for a lot of people here, or a lot of people in my demographic(s) (whatever they may be). Whereas the initial reaction was, seemingly from, a combination of mysogynist young males and spiteful young females, as it propogated further afield I sense the conversation became more reasoned and sensible.

But, then pete mentioned about there being tens of thousands of hits on this thread so now I think I disagree with myself.

@lala mentioned on twitter this morning that the story made the papers in Cambodia.

This thread has generated tens of thousands of visits over the last few days from people looking for photos & videos of the incident, which is bumping up the Adsense ad revenues, which I'll be donating to the Rape Crisis Centre.

I knew I shoulda banged out a tune about this when I first heard of it.

ok thats fair enough. I'd like to think (though probably naievely so) that things have levelled out a bit though.

The day this stuff was sprawled all over twitter I had one single tweet in my entire timeline referring to it, and that was a person giving out about it. I didn't know what he was on about so I went to find out.

I'm guessing this is the same for a lot of people here, or a lot of people in my demographic(s) (whatever they may be). Whereas the initial reaction was, seemingly from, a combination of mysogynist young males and spiteful young females, as it propogated further afield I sense the conversation became more reasoned and sensible.

But, then pete mentioned about there being tens of thousands of hits on this thread so now I think I disagree with myself.

@lala mentioned on twitter this morning that the story made the papers in Cambodia.

i'll try to get the search keyword stats out of google analytics later. it's depressing.

If you look back at the search stuff at the bottom of each page of this thread you'll get an idea of what i mean

If you look back at the search stuff at the bottom of each page of this thread you'll get an idea of what i mean
Very nice.

Turn off the internet

This thread has generated tens of thousands of visits over the last few days from people looking for photos & videos of the incident, which is bumping up the Adsense ad revenues, which I'll be donating to the Rape Crisis Centre.
Who said Thumped is for pricks?

Bring back rep ?

I thought pete was saying that slut shaming sells, and the keywords posted on thumped twitter acc indicate web users enjoy slut shaming. So a bit of a chicken and egg situation, although people used to enjoy race baiting too, until legislation/social programming/education/peer pressure pushed it to the fringe. I don't imagine stormfront gets much google adsense, or if google even allow their brand to be connected to the racism that goes on at that site.

I thought pete was saying that slut shaming sells, and the keywords posted on thumped twitter acc indicate web users enjoy slut shaming. So a bit of a chicken and egg situation, although people used to enjoy race baiting too, until legislation/social programming/education/peer pressure pushed it to the fringe. I don't imagine stormfront gets much google adsense, or if google even allow their brand to be connected to the racism that goes on at that site.
What the hell are you on about ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back