The Fightin', Fussin' and Mixed MArtial arts thread.. (2 Viewers)

What's that chinese guy's name?

HO LEE FUK!!

Amazing. The Cerrone/Siver fight and the Diaz/Penn fight were incredible. Was on the edge of my seat for the main event.
Can't wait to get the kids to bed so I can watch it again properly.

Top notch.

What's that chinese guy's name?

HO LEE FUK!!

Amazing. The Cerrone/Siver fight and the Diaz/Penn fight were incredible. Was on the edge of my seat for the main event.
Can't wait to get the kids to bed so I can watch it again properly.

Top notch.

Poor Siver was all over the shop..Didn't get a chacne to settle. Great fight.

I think I called the Diaz fight pretty much spot on. Though watching it, after round 2, I was thought Diaz might finish. I was sceptical of Diaz clinching right from the start but it obviously tired the shit outta Penn. It looks like Conduit is being bypassed for Diaz for GSPs next fight...I'm a Diaz fan but I dunno how he can beat St Pierre. I think it might depend on how well he deals with Nicks weird striking style - it might upset his game plan.

I felt bad watching the Crocop fight. Firstly as I wanted Roy Nelson to win and second because CC wanted to go out on his shield and just couldn't really do anything. Its just amazing to see so many of the former pride guys do so badly in the UFC.

Yeah, GSP will take Diaz down once he gets hit, if he even waits that long - the question is whether he can hold him down and do damage or just lay and pray - although it could be difficult for him to get away with that this time around. If their fight is anything like the Jake Shields fight then Diaz is going to fucking murder him. The ground battle should be smashing in any case. On the feet St Pierre will be destroyed.
Fucking great fighter all the same that Diaz fella.
On top of that there's Cerrone vs little Diaz in December to look forward to - should be a killer of a fight.
Crocop retiring is 2 fights too late for me, he has looked terrible in the UFC culminating in that awful messing with Mir so I can't say that I'm sorry to see him go.
Munoz vs Leben next weekend - meh, the unchanging leben slugfest bores the shit out of me, although I haven't really looked at the undercard.
Downloading the Bellator from last night as we speak - apparently Hieron gave Askren a run for his money and the two heavyweight fights ended in seconds so that's nice, hope I get the time to watch it later.

Grand.

Yeah - it will be interesting to see how well GSP can smother Diaz on the ground. Diaz has a great guard game and is a moves like a demon off his back. Nate vs Cowboy should be great too. I've not paid too much atttention to Bellator of late. There is so much MMA around now (and by mma I really mean UFC). I think ashling daley's fight was the last I seen Bellator..

I know what you mean.
The two heavyweight fights were about 45 seconds each - unhealthy looking, lumbering purple people swinging wildly doesn't really work for me, and every heavyweight division outside of the UFC seems barren so no real interest there; The Hieron/Askren tussle is worth it to see how overrated Askren is - Hieron defended the takedowns quite well all through the 5 rounds and Askren really has fuck all else (amazing wrestler though). I'd like to see him in the UFC just to watch him get the living bejeezus kicked out of him. Hieron can be a funny bastard at times.
Just glanced at the prelims for Saturday - all on facebook live at an hour that any reasonable, godfearing man can respect so that's grand.
Fucking Leben and Munoz though. That'll be me asleep on the sofa with drool hanging from the corner of my mouth I suspect.
If you get a minute check out the 137 post fight presser - Diaz is golden in it.

Yeah - the presser was hilarious. Dana should take Nick House shopping. Always been a big fan of the Diaz brothers.

138 is a shitty card - the events in Europe usually are.. Weirdly, I'm a Brad Pickett - so i'm looking forward to that fight at least. The next card is a bit better with Hendo vs Shogun plus Silva vs Cung Le. And of course the Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos fight is coming up.

I'm heading to the Birmingham show. Really looking forward to it of course despite the card.

Nick Diaz is so great. Very excited about Donald Cerrone vs Nate too. Hope Cerrone wins and gets a title shot.

Less excited about new Aldo fight unless he can make weight without nearly killing himself.

Also watched UFC 1 for the first time recently. Holy shit. Hillarious show. Have the first 10 on my laptop to work through. Must check out John McCarthy's book too.

Yeah - the presser was hilarious. Dana should take Nick House shopping. Always been a big fan of the Diaz brothers.

138 is a shitty card - the events in Europe usually are.. Weirdly, I'm a Brad Pickett - so i'm looking forward to that fight at least. The next card is a bit better with Hendo vs Shogun plus Silva vs Cung Le. And of course the Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos fight is coming up.

Hmm, the Etim fight and the Diabaté fight on the 138 card should be pretty good - you have to love the snake, but yeah the card looks kinda weak. Honestly, I'd love to see two really high level ground fighters go at it - which doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon as opposed to the first two two "marquee" fights that you mentioned. The heavyweight title fight should be great though.

Also watched UFC 1 for the first time recently. Holy shit. Hillarious show. Have the first 10 on my laptop to work through. Must check out John McCarthy's book too.

Yeah, i went through the whole first 80 UfC's in a row (along with the fight nights and shit) a few years back, just to bring myself up to date once and for all - there are some absolutely insane cards in there and it's really interesting to see the different eras and the styles that grow out of them. You just cannot beat the fucking madness of the first few cards though. The first ten are all fucking amazing - the Kimo/Gracie fight is nuts. I've seen the vast majority of the Pride cards but I've promised myself that I'll watch them one after the other at some stage.
Pride was a motherfucker all the same.
A motherfucker of absolutely epic proportions.

I actually have 1-20 on American VHS that I bought back in the day - I must dig em out and give them a rewatch.

Only UFC 1-3 (from the seg days) were ever released here and the funny thing was that the Kimo/Gracie fight was cut by the BBFC.
Its great it is so easy to access MMA now.

Nick Diaz is still going? cool. i remember watching him punch the head off ruthless robbie lawlor years ago on one of those 1 hour kind of clip shows they used to have. i cant watch it anymore because i dont have setanta or whatever, so i get all my ufc footage from gifs.

Nick Diaz is still going? cool. i remember watching him punch the head off ruthless robbie lawlor years ago on one of those 1 hour kind of clip shows they used to have. i cant watch it anymore because i dont have setanta or whatever, so i get all my ufc footage from gifs.

Yeah, Nick and his brother are still going strong. Nick kinda blew up in Strikeforce but I think his win over Gomi wasthe turning point and Nate got big after after TUF even though he was fighting for years before that. First time I seen Nate fight was back in 2004 on some Indian Reservation in Cali.

I watch it live on ESPN last night. First time I've seen em live since UFC 38 (in London). Though the card wasn't great I really enjoyed the fights (or the cider). I officially jumped on the John Maguire bandwagon (or caravan).

I watch it live on ESPN last night. First time I've seen em live since UFC 38 (in London). Though the card wasn't great I really enjoyed the fights (or the cider). I officially jumped on the John Maguire bandwagon (or caravan).
Yeah, watched the prelims, and really enjoyed the Che Mills utter fucking destruction of Cope. Utter. Fucking. Destruction.
Maguire was great too.
Saw the Munoz/Leben bout but haven't seen the rest because I HAVE SHIT TO DO. I'll get to see it by tonight though, UNLESS I HAVE TOO MUCH SHIT TO DO.
Nice watching it live all the same without being up 'til young man's hours...

this was great live! I managed to miss the Che Mills fight because I was queuing for the bar. Bah. will hopefully get to watch it back on Tuesday. couldn't hear a thing during the interviews but a good venue otherwise.

Just finished watching it.
ETIM!!!!
Brilliant. Superb.
the snake beaten in a fight that was his for the taking, he looked pretty gick all the same.
Leben vs Munoz = snore
Heavyweights at the end of the week, should be good.
Great that everyone on the thread is having a bit of a buzz about the fighting at the mo', really enjoyable.

All the talk of the early events made me go back and dl UFC 1. They are not polished at all, the anchor can't even get the name of the event right. They haven't even started fighting yet.

Some great lines from Jim Brown in those early shows.

All the talk of the early events made me go back and dl UFC 1. They are not polished at all, the anchor can't even get the name of the event right. They haven't even started fighting yet.

i know nothing about it, but seems to have been a lot truer to the "Mixed" in MMA back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back