The Fightin', Fussin' and Mixed MArtial arts thread.. (1 Viewer)

I think Barnett might win it now...

But who can tell....I so wanted to see Fedor fight and beat Oveream and then fight Barnett.

WOW the Mark Hunt KO upper cut and walk away win was AMAZING:

last.gif

Nottingham or Liverpool event on October 10th according to the Wrestling Observer. Should be my first live UFC. Excited!

also - never thought I'd be fast forwarding through most of the current Ultimate Fighter series. Snoozefest.

I've never been to a UFC but I've seen a ton of small ones. I think my first was in Galway in 2002 (Joachim Hansen fought on the Card), seen a ton of the RIng of Truth here and I saw Nate Diaz's first fight (on an Indian Resveration of all places) and I fought in an event up in Belfast too....The thing that pisses me off a bitis the cards for UFC are alot weaker when they fight in Europe. Shame really..

TUF has been really poor so far - the 3rd fight was really good but otherwise its been the dullest season yet..

Looking forward to GSP vs SHields though it does have potential to be a snoozefest. I'm interested to see how Randy does vs MAchida plus Hominick vs Aldo will be a barnburner. A few mates for and some beers for that one for sure...

everytime there's a show on in Dublin I'm interested in something else comes up. Yeah I know all about the weak European cards.

Really looking forward to seeing Aldo again and the atmosphere should be incredible. Did you see Shields getting booed at last Strikeforce show? Awesome. 55,000 Canadian chanting for GSP. Will be cool.

Did you see Shields getting booed at last Strikeforce show? Awesome. 55,000 Canadian chanting for GSP. Will be cool.

To be honest I'm not really a fan of either fighter. I'm not mad about Shields style and I think GSP is one of the most talented fighters of all time but he plays it safe a bit too much..I really think he could have finished Josh Koscheck in his last fight..

I can't wait for the next round of Strikeforce Heavyweight World Grand Prix. I was so convinced I get to see FEdor fight Overeem (how wrong was I)..I can see Overeem beat Werdum (bu you never know) and I think Barnett should easily beat Rodgers....So if my predictions come true then Overeem vs Barnett should be interesting..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

saw this yesterday. tremendous video! won't be able to stay up for the show Saturday night so have t wait until Sunday evening unfortunately. Ah well.

Yeah I'm going to watch it Sunday evening with a few mates and some beer and avoid internet spoilers before then...

Looking forward to seeing Randy getting his ass kicked :)

LOL@Seagal.

Yeah McDonald was amazing despie me being a total Diaz fanboy :(

Hominick/Alod was so a great fight - GSP/Shields not such much and pretty much went the way I expected.
I thought Couture would get his ass kicked but not like that. I expected he'd walk onto a punch in the later rounds after flustration in not getting the clinch/take down..

I wonder how hominick looks today:

The-Elephant-Man.jpg

And damn i have a hangover :(

Diaz vs Penn tonight/tomorrow morning.

Cannot fucking wait for this - absolute fan of Diaz's fighting style and the weigh in scuffle earlier on was top notch.
I can't shake the feeling that BJ will come out on top but I really hope that Diaz beats him and then goes on to kick seven shades of shit out of GSP (Condit's never going to win that one...)
The 209, don't be scared homies...

Yup can't wait - Diaz is my fave fighter still fighting who hasn't had their glory days in Pride...Pity the GSP fight was dropped. And I can't believe I'm wanting Nelson over Crocop..

I think Diaz has more ways to win. I can't see either getting sub. I think BJ has more skill but less reach and cardo. I think Penn will come out blazing and win the 1st round and then tire letting Diaz take 2 and 3. I can't see Penn KOing Diaz but I can see Diaz getting a TKO. Penn is an amazing fighter but this is not his weight class.

So tomorrow night...WE DINE IN HELL....

ufc.jpg

PS - I will eat my words tomorrow :)

Just finished making breakfast for the kids, started the download of the spike prelims (watched the facebook prelims and wasn't blown away - the french dude, carabont - that was training with tristar looks like a good prospect, but i fell asleep during the third round of the vera fight) and the main card. Hope i get a chance to watch this before tomorrow. Really intrigued to see what happens in the main fight. A much better headliner than the Condit / GSP match.
I kinda agree with your analysis but Diaz always takes a shitload on the chin while he's fighting and Penn has some amazingly precise boxing - I wouldn't be surprised (saddened but not surprised) to see him get dropped and battered by Penn.

Oh yeah, just in case - NO FUCKING SPOILERS ON THIS THREAD. PRICKS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back