The Fightin', Fussin' and Mixed MArtial arts thread.. (1 Viewer)

was a bit zomb-a-fied after watching 9 hours of mma straight, so memory might not be the best, thought the first fight was excellent but would agree with the judges rather than joe rogan on the fight, although I do think a more muay thai style scoring system might be better, where the later rounds score higher, but as it stands I think it was close but belcher can have no arguement.
I really like bisping, but he looked extremely nervous in the Fight, think he might of been concentration too much on a tactical fight and didnt look to have any aggression about him, Hendersons knockout was savage, didnt really see a problem with the follow up, his job is to keep fighting till the ref stops it. shouldnt of said what he did in the interview afterwards though.
GSP amazing....utter domination..... silva is the only place he can go now methinks.
wasnt hugely interested in the lesnar v mir fight, but brock did look savage.
apparently white said in the press conference after that the Fedor fight will happen.
believe that when I see it.

really enjoyable evening though, was disapointed not to see the gracie v severn fight from UFC 4 in the top 100. that shit was epic.

Man Hendo really went airborne on that last punch/forearm:

The first hit was a bit lucky though, threw it blind and it connected well. second one almost put him through the mat. thought the lesner/mir fight was a bit of a letdown but should have expected that

really enjoyable evening though, was disapointed not to see the gracie v severn fight from UFC 4 in the top 100. that shit was epic.

Thats Interesting - as that is really a milestone in UFC history.

It was Royces last win in UFC.

He beat someone who could grapple.

It was the start of the transition to the apearance and then domination by Wrestlers.

Watched it...

Not a great card but one definate shocker on it - I won't spoil it yet though.

Anyone see Strikeforce? the first ever Woman's main event - Gina Carano vs. Cris Cyborg.

9376-03CaranoVs.Santos.jpg

Predictable result to the fight too :)

Sat is Nog vs Randy - I really hope Nog can win this..

Don't be mean about Ms Cyborg - its not a beauty show. In fairness she looked prettier then the one on the left after the fight..

ouch.jpg

Anyone watch UFC 102 yet? It was way better than the card suggested and there were some great finishes.

I'll post no spoilers yet but I was thrilled with the headliner result :)

I hate that - another thing is the sport is getting main stream the results appear on the front page of Yahho news etc now..

As I said not a great card but i think youu'll like the action...This is on of my fave cards of all time:

Kumite_bracket.gif

TUF 10 is out with KIMBO Slice and Rampage needling Rashad all over the shop. Keep an eye out on Wes Sims the guy is a funny fucker and mad as shit....

103 just past - not a great event but it did have Franklin getting fucking destroyed and poor Trigg too..

-Vitor Belfort def. Rich Franklin by KO at 3:02, R1.

1g3p0m.gif

-Paul Daley def. Martin Kampmann by TKO at 2:31, R1.
jpug4z.gif

Daley is a fucking beast...

ws04ts.gif

ANother sad day for me at UFC 110 (I cannot believe its that many) - Big Nog got KOed (again) by Cain Velasquez...It wasn't as bad as the Mir defeat but I gotta feel that all those wars that Nogueirahas had have really taken their toll...His granite chin seems to be gone (well he showed it a bit vs Randy) and his bxoing has really slowed down....I hope I'm wrong...

I've gotten way more into MMA since I started subscribing to the Wrestling Observer. Did you see that fellow Herschel Walker on the Strikeforce show? 47 years old! Insane. Enjoyed UFC 110. First time seeing Velasquez fight. Looking forward to the next few events now

In fairness, the guy Herschel Walker was a Muai Thai guy who was paid to show little of the Muai or the Thai :)

If you are new to this check highlight reels (on youtube) for Wanderlai Silva and Kazushi Sakuraba......Sak is the man..

has anyone else watched WEC 48? If not then you need to go download it now! I wasn't going to check it out until I saw one of the fights described as the greatest brawl in history. Even without that insanity it was a really good show. Will definitely be watching it regularly from now on.

Yeah it was a great show - WEC always seems to be (the lighter weights set such a fast pace and have cardio for days)..I had a chance to see Nate Diaz fight for WEC many moons ago..The Jung/Garcia fight was fucking nuts (I think Pickett vs. Johnson was the most exciting fight of the night). The Pickett vs. Johnson was great too..

Cannot believe how Aldo destroyed Faber?

dekwf8.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back