The Broody Thread (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
This thread is for broody folk who don't have any babbas yet, but who find this board makes us broodier than normal.

Anyone else get all choked up and teary eyed on pretty much every thread on this board? I mean, seriously, I don't know what to do with myself. How come the mere thought of wee babies makes me so emotional I start getting teary?

Babbas. They really do seem like crazy good fun, despite all the screaming and puking and shitting and stuff. In fact, the whole concept that something that cute has the potential to be so utterly disgusting also seems kinda funny.

I spent 3 days at my parent's where I spent most of my waking hours looking after my 3 year-old and 7 week-old nieces who are both absolutely adorable about 3/4's of the time... that other 1/4 though... eek!

I spent 3 days at my parent's where I spent most of my waking hours looking after my 3 year-old and 7 week-old nieces who are both absolutely adorable about 3/4's of the time... that other 1/4 though... eek!

Seriously, though, they are the most adorablest. The 1/4 is EEK, but it's the only thing that keeps me from popping them out like I'm a baby vending machine, so thank fuck for that 1/4... That and the whole pregnancy bit and the pain of labour and the nightmare birth stories and etc etc etc.

have some babies, that'll cure your broodiness ladies

Stop showing off the cuteness of your wee ones -- that's not helping my broodiness any, you know. Your adorable little children who say and do cute things all the time! You and Egg and Pantone are all especially bad! I can see yiz smirking when yiz post about yer wee ones, smirking at the absolute adorableness, and the fact that even when they throw tantrums, you find them occasionally FUNNY. And I know for a fact that you all have beautiful children and despite the loss of sleep, you really, really love them and wouldn't swap them for anything on earth, and that all my worries that I won't be able to handle it, and you guys are like, "Sure, you'll be fine."

In short, please stop making parenthood look so fricking rewarding. OKAY? That is PART of the PROBLEM. YOU SEE.

someone post some ugly babies or something. Help me out here.

And I know for a fact that you all have beautiful children and despite the loss of sleep, you really, really love them and wouldn't swap them for anything on earth, and that all my worries that I won't be able to handle it, and you guys are like, "Sure, you'll be fine."
"You'll be fine" means "you'll survive", not "you'll enjoy it".

someone post some ugly babies or something. Help me out here.

ugly-baby-a3c.jpg

"You'll be fine" means "you'll survive", not "you'll enjoy it".

No, no use trying that now, egg_. The story about egg_jr trying to save a cherry tomato for you is too cute to even pretend it's not worth a whole lot of cleaning up nasty poo and learning to tolerate screaming and not having the lazy sunday lie-ins with the papers and all that jazz.

THIS IS PARTLY YOUR FAULT.

But HMD, thanks for that. It's calmed me down a wee bit. Mostly scared me, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back