The Fightin', Fussin' and Mixed MArtial arts thread.. (1 Viewer)

Damn - UFC 115 was hard to watch if you're a Chuck man. I think maybe the man needs to retire:

2cxf409.gif

14wrfxc.gif

And what happend to Crocop - did he turn human all of a sudden - joking with the media and hugging his opponant midfight..

I really enjoyed that show. Must get my hands on some old Chuck stuff because I've only ever seen him get destroyed. He really does need to retire. I loved the Cro Cop fight too. "I hope Mr. Dana White is not stingy and gives me fight of the night and submission of the night also" = LOL.

Damn - UFC 115 was hard to watch if you're a Chuck man. I think maybe the man needs to retire:

He has to as he is fairly commited to not learning how to defend strikes without his chin.

And what happend to Crocop - did he turn human all of a sudden - joking with the media and hugging his opponant midfight..

His contract is up so he wants to appear more marketable I guess.

Jeebus what a week and a bit for MMA...First The Last Emperor, Fedor gets Dethroned in 69 seconds with a Werdum triangle....

fedor3_medium.gif

The Saturday at UFC 116 - Brock gets the living shit beaten out of him to the point of it nearly being stopped but manages to survive the round. 2nd round Carwin is totally gassed and is taken down and subbed with an arm triangle..

37711723.gif

04072010101844new.gif

Some other great fights too - Leben fought a blinder against Sexyama..

Gerald Harris pulled off a great KO from a slam:

0407201075729new.gif

Bonnar won a slugfest against TUFer Krzysztof Soszynski.

Chris Lytle got an amazing sub on Matt Brown:

0407201091550new.gif

4z638m.png

Gutted here:

According to California State Athletic Commission Executive Officer George Dodd, Chael Sonnen has been notified that he failed post-fight drug screening following his loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 117, which was held Aug. 7 at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif.
... In a conversation the day before, Dodd declined to comment on the situation, other than answering that all fighters from UFC 117 had passed drugs-of-abuse scans, but that the commission was still waiting on performance-enhancing drug screens from the event.

Dodd did not state which banned substance was red-flagged, but with a clean drugs-of-abuse scan it is clear the positive test was for a performance-enhancing substance.

just catching up on this story now. fucksake! have to break the news to my girlfriend now. she loves Chael. or at least she enjoyed the fight with Silva after I wouldn't shut up about it for the week beforehand :(

just catching up on this story now. fucksake! have to break the news to my girlfriend now. she loves Chael. or at least she enjoyed the fight with Silva after I wouldn't shut up about it for the week beforehand :(

He is blaming it on one of these:
benylin_4_flu.jpg

Ignorance is no defence in these matters. No Chaeler for six for twelve months.

Always read the label.

that Steven Seagal interview after the show with Ariel Helwani is amazing. what an awesome kick though. thanks Steve!

bring on Jones vs Rua (and UFC 127 also).

and then there will be much cheering on of GSP when he fights Shields so we get to see Silva vs GSP. I am excited.

I can't wait for this...

Looks like we'll get to see Fedor fight Overeem and then most likely Barnett too...

Strikeforce-Heavyweight-Bracket-Trailer.jpg

Can't bloody wait for this on Sat. Fedor's gonna kill everyone else in the tourney. I'd say he's still disgusted with himself after the Werdum loss. It'll never happen again. War Fedor. Looking forward to the Fedor vs Overeem semi!

Segal and that kick - was an awesome knock out indeed, but that kick - we learned that the first day of TKD. Getting KO power into it is a pretty deadly achievement, but with these chambered kicks, tis about refining technique, and Segal's claim annoys me. As awesome as Silva is, he has become a bit of a fool - I'd like to see a someone else take the title for a while. Heard he might be fighting GSP next - that's one to look forward to!

Segal - "He sent me a letter, a memo, saying "Will you please teach me your deadly stuff?""

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back