The Fightin', Fussin' and Mixed MArtial arts thread.. (1 Viewer)

just watching ufc 87 again now, gsp and jon fintch, the jason mcdonald and damien maia now,fucking great fight.love to watch a quality jitz fight, everyone is so proficient at bjj now the very ofter cancel each other out , and just looks like 2 guys huggin on the ground. did any of yis catch the aisling daly documentary or setanta recently

Yeah, watched a bit of it. She's one tough cookie. Pity she finds it so tough to get decent fights.

That seems to be the way for a lot of Women fighters - its just there is so few of them competing especially here(or Europe) and especially at her level it will always behard to find good fights..

I'm very out of touch at the moment but i wonder are there any good women coming out of Holland?

City Babys right - its great to see fights with great and exciting grappling in it. I must prefere it to the pseudo Kick Boxing that makes up a lot of the fights these days.

I also kinda miss Pride with Wandy and Chute Box using peoples heads as soccerballs. You know you're getting old when all your favourite fighters are too :)

Yeah, crazy amount of blood, must have been from some of the undercard fights.

Davis was fairly pumpin' blood too.

I'l watch boxing, but the rest of that shit just aint healthy.

I imagine MMA is alot safer than boxing.

Yeah the mat seemed very bloody from the undercard - pity they showed none of it..

I miss the old Wandy too.

Really? Boxing's been around a lot longer. Have there ever been any MMA fatalities

None in the big companies anyway as far as I know.

MMA is far safer for your long term health as people aren't getting hit in the head as often as in boxing but I'd say that you're more likely to get an immediate injury doing MMA (broken bones, torn ligaments etc.).

By those standards I'd consider MMA to be safer.

Yeah there was one in Russian but i think the guy had failed medicals elsewhere - A guy broke his neck (and is paralyzed) from a match in the states last month.

Definally safer than Prowrestling too (but more dangerous than Traveller Bareknuckle boxing :)

Yeah there was one in Russian but i think the guy had failed medicals elsewhere - A guy broke his neck (and is paralyzed) from a match in the states last month.

Definally safer than Prowrestling too (but more dangerous than Traveller Bareknuckle boxing :)

i almost got the head boxed off me just trying to buy a couple of videos of king of the travellers 12 years ago! :D

Mortality rate of guys who were in the business in the 80's and early 90's is frightening.

Yeah its scary - i was a fan back then and the amount of the guys i used to watch who are now dead and msotly dead by misadventure too.

On a side note here Joe Riggs wearing a t-shirt I designed:

mefite.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back