.that first smell of halloween. (1 Viewer)

i like it. just got it.
mmmmmmmmm.

better than the smell of fresh cut grass in summer.

I know the one.

Halloween used to be my favourite time of year. Gone are the days of bombshell drinks, fighting, throwing cans of links in the bonfire, slitting peoples bags and getting yer bit in a bush.

:(

halloween smells like old peoples houses. maybe other rural folk on thumped remember being shipped around house to house to say a poem and get an orange and a pound.

more like... smokey, cool crisp air, dead leaves, the smell of rain that has fallen not too long ago...
i dunno. i just put my head out the window and i liked the familiarity.

I've been listening to the 'first sounds of Halloween for about 3 weeks now' :)

I know the smell you mean... to me it is associated with sneaking up to the orchard and stuffing my pockets with my favourite apples - which I fully intend to do when I go home this weekend.

i used go around the houses on the street in a black bin bag singing "my old man's a dustman". I general i associate ray bradbury stories and the smell of smog with october. quite pleasant really - cool brisk evening and a smell of turf smoke hanging in the air (causing coughing fits and cancer). A joy long lost to city folk....

so what do you heathen pagans do come halloween anyhow? human sacrifice? ancient sex rites amongst the newly shorn haystacks?

i like it. just got it.
mmmmmmmmm.

better than the smell of fresh cut grass in summer.
That's smog ur smelling ffs :p
Also I hate Halloween, living in flats I have to put up with zillions of fireworks going off and my dog's barking non stop :mad:

I am also working this Halloween :eek:

Ah, your poor dogs Janer... is it possible to get them earmuffs or earplugs or something? My ex's parent's little dog would be traumatised for a week after Guy Faulks night... and, in their town at least, that was the only night the poor little mite had to listen to fireworks... in Dublin it's about 3 months as far as I can work out.

Vet's recommend getting your dogs drugged up for the Halloween season. Pop into the vet and they'll know what to do.

more like... smokey, cool crisp air, dead leaves, the smell of rain that has fallen not too long ago...
i dunno. i just put my head out the window and i liked the familiarity.

yea, bigtime.fuckin love halloween.people start lighting fires again but it's not as cold as winter.people start going to the cinema more, smoking more.all that laid back summer music goes out the window and you lash back on the Brainiac.plus loads of parties and excuses to cross-dress

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back