Tapes n'tapes? (1 Viewer)

This a spin off from the vinyl thread?
Another waste of 10 pages if you ask me.

Different for everyone - in eastern europe has a BIG tape culture thriving (see Easpa Measa stuff released on tape there), tape labels in Poland/CZ etc...Niki tapes?
Main tape label in the states thats driving the kids crazy www.fuckittapes.com

And here at home see's the wonderful Haunted Tapes label doing their bit.
On the other side - your tower records buying music listener will think tapes to be dead as they don't see them.

The laziness of some people to get off their ass and switch over the tape is why alot of people don't buy em.Not everything is available in tape - but i buy cassettes off distros in eastern europe/russian/balkans as its a damn cheap way of getting to hear a band your not sure of.2/3 euro per album.Nothing wrong with that.

I would say one of the few that deserve the hype. I have listened to Loon at least once a week since I got it back in February. I refuse to go to big shows (electric picnic) so I am heading to see them in Belfast in September. I am already looking forward to it.

Unicron said:
They're alright but not as good as the hype would imply. Some decent songs on The Loon though.

i concur

good enough but not mind-bogglingly brillaint as some reports would suggest

maybe they're amazing live or something??

Pilchard said:
one review i read called em Clap Your Hands Say Tape which kinda summed it up. alright - not bad but not earth-shattering either.

Ah jeez that kind of statement would put me right off them. CYHSY are no way as good as all the hype suggested.

nonemoreblack said:
Ah jeez that kind of statement would put me right off them. CYHSY are no way as good as all the hype suggested.

They don't sound anything like CYHSY. I would describe Tapes 'n Tapes as a more straightforward, more passionate Pavement. Some excellent songs on the album.

nonemoreblack said:

This is why I gave up reading reviews Tapes 'n Tapes are good in my opinion whereas CYHSY are complete rubbish.

dunno if it was mentioned already, but these lads are back in November to play the village.

dunno whose promoting it either so I reckon I'm running the risk of legal action by even mentioning it.

anyone at EP - is it worth the effort to go see them?

Is easy to be jaundiced about all the Pitchfork approved american indie bands that we're getting swamped in, but these guys deserve the acclaim.

I thought they were real good at EP.

only saw a bit of them at EP and thought they were bland enough. The "kids" seemed to be going wild for them though. Handful of good songs on the album, but nothing special

Don't worry, its on their myspace site!

its just that the mere mention of that McDonalds crowd and they'll have you up in court.

will thumped folks have a whip-round for me to pay my legal fees?

maybe we can do a thumped compilation album to raise funds that might keep my lilly white ass from getting desecrated in the 'joy?

deadly buzz. Ticketbastards say this went on sale on friday and now that theres nothing on sale.

I've been checking the ticketbastards site all fucking weekend. The gig never even appeared, let alone was it on sale.

Road better save my life here or I'll scream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back