Riot in O'Connell st. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MrT
  • Start date
  • Replies 410
  • Views 41K
  • Watchers 17
RE: My drunk post

Sorry about that. I'll try harder next time. That's an honest apology too, not bein a smartarse. It made sense when I wrote it.
Also, I don't go to UCD.

deafmute said:
with you all the way antrophe,whatever about the republican/political element,all the `scumbags` joining in are just lashing back at the gardai in the most direct way possible.every day theyre being pissed on by the police and society in general so some retaliation is only to be expected.and as for attacks on the media,theyre merely acquiescent in the way society treats the working class so are as legitimate a target as the gardai.

deafmute youre attributing way to much intelligence and meaning to the rioters. Its not about "the system"...it wasn't an anti-capitalist riot, people smashed up shops to loot. I wasnt exactly born with a silver spoon up my arse but it doesnt make me want to lob rocks, indescriminantly into a crowd.Its not fucking on.
The attacks on the media were either more to stop people taking photos of you while youre commiting a crime and/or oh "theres your man off the telly lets kick the bollix out of him"....tune into reality buddy.Seriously.

deafmute said:
well considering i spent 20 of my 23 years on this planet living on working class estates i dont think i fall into that category...
!bing!bing!bing

and yet you refer to the working class as "them"?

"well i talk to em every day on a person to person basis and yr not making any real point here so give it up please"

deafmute said:
mercedes and bmw cars?foreign owned businesses,mcdonalds ulsterbank etc and all the while supermacs kept on serving food......not entirely random.

Youre right I think I saw Noam Chomsky up the front with wheel barrow full of bricks.
Youre being way too selective, some of the places smashed up were large chains because there are loads of them on O'Connell st. For example the unoccupied building beside frazers was smashed up, obviously another proud strike by those markists against the man.
Or let me think? A bunch of angry thugs on a rampage?

I was there and I saw the guy that smashed up clarkes. He was pretty young but I think he had a copy of Marxs Capital in one hand and a rock in the other.
So hes obviously a fucking genius isnt he?

Marginalised people living in poverty and generally excluded by mainstream 'celtic tiger' Irish society probably have legitimate and personal anger at the status quo. The frustration and anger may not be articulated, but I'm pretty sure it's there. The riot may have been symbolic of that on a subconsciuos level. It was still destructive and hurtful and a terrible way to express the anger but I think one has to accept the possiblity of that underlying sentiment, and not disregard it as purely political, pure thuggery or a working class uprising.

(presuming that the majority of those involved were from marginalised communities.... I don't know if they were)

aoifed said:
Marginalised people living in poverty and generally excluded by mainstream 'celtic tiger' Irish society probably have legitimate and personal anger at the status quo. The frustration and anger may not be articulated, but I'm pretty sure it's there. The riot may have been symbolic of that on a subconsciuos level. It was still destructive and hurtful and a terrible way to express the anger but I think one has to accept the possiblity of that underlying sentiment, and not disregard either as purely political or pure thuggery.

(presuming that the majority of those involved were from marginalised communities.... I don't know if they were)

yeah thats basically what im tryna say.....thank you,if i knew how to rep people id be bigging you up right now!
;)

Thanks.

And I also meant to say.... a lot of people from poorer communities do have a stronger sense of nationalism (whatever that may be).

Not disregarding genuine political awareness but it's quite possible that when you are excluded from mainstream society you might hang onto the dream of an Ireland that actually includes you, and may consider this notion as something precious and worth fighting for. Just so politics isn't completely disregarded as a factor in this.

aoifed said:
Marginalised people living in poverty and generally excluded by mainstream 'celtic tiger' Irish society probably have legitimate and personal anger at the status quo. The frustration and anger may not be articulated, but I'm pretty sure it's there. The riot may have been symbolic of that on a subconsciuos level. It was still destructive and hurtful and a terrible way to express the anger but I think one has to accept the possiblity of that underlying sentiment, and not disregard it as purely political, pure thuggery or a working class uprising.

i of course know what you are saying but outside academia i'm never comfortable speaking on behalf of others - especially a minority and a representation of a majority. marginalisation can take many forms and it isn't only economic - the frustration can come through lack of choice which can be universal.

and I do think the anarchist element involved are so bloody desperate for anything remotely related to their patchwork ideals that they would sleep with their own mothers. if you know what i mean

The way I look at the people behind this riot is the same way the English look at their football hooligans.

All they had to say was that they were protesting RTE's refinancing of "How Low Can You Go" and i'da been like "Sur le pave, la plage!"

dr_00.jpg

SCUM

Lets talk about scummers..
I come from a working class background as I'm guessing most people do on thumped (law of averages).
Working class people know scum and hate them with a real passion. Most of the cunts rioting were just scummers, plain and simple.
Middle class people tend to deny the existence of the scummer..in order not to seem snobby or predjuice
but we all know them so lets tune into reality.
The common or garden scummer uniform:
May include
1: tracksuit,
2 white runners,
3. large amounts of jewelery,
4. tight hair cuts often brushed forward.
Dont get me wrong know plenty of sound people who dress like this but we all know thats the scummer uniform.
I have pictures from the middle of the riot, you'll see every cunt with brick in his hand fits this stereotype pretty nicely.
I have noticed this uniform has changed very little in the last 20 years or so and is similar in england and wales, I dont know why,
common or garden scummer behavior
1.If you annoy him, he will kick the bollix out of you,
2.If you look too different from him, he will kick the bollix out of you,
3.If he suspects you may be a homosexual, he will kick the bollix out of you.
4.If you are black and in the wrong place at the wrong time he will kick the bollix out of you.
5.If you are a studenty/marxist/anarchist/middle class/poncey type (and from your posts I suspect some of you may be..sorry!) he will kick the bollix out of you
6.If you look at him funny him he will kick the bollix out of you.
He does it cos he is
1) an idiot
2) has a bad temper
3) too much time on his hands
4) a drinking habbit
5) he is an idiot
He is too stupid to hold any political opinions, he is not angry at being poor he may even be paid well, he is still scum
and he will fight at the drop of a hat, especially when drunk.
He does not need a FUCKING MADE UP, BULLSHIT, LEFT WING, MIDDLE CLASS, IMAGINED AGENDA to do it.
Like I say I'm working class and most working class people are decent people but some people are poor because of their own antisocial behaviour and no amount of bullshit will ever change that.
Dont get me wrong I've got no allegance to any class. All walks of life have their cunts. Some rob you with the sword some rob you with the pen right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back