Riot in O'Connell st. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MrT
  • Start date
  • Replies 410
  • Views 41K
  • Watchers 17
There's no way people will boycott it. There's too many people who'll turn up just to throw a rock at a cop and shout "fuck charlie bird". I know i would.

but goff, even if your idea of a boycott worked (and i don't see how it could without major publicity for the idea) it would just be spun as another example of "how far we've come" and all that shite.

again, look at the north. the poorest people here are worse off than they were ten years ago. sectarian attitudes are on the rise. the 'new northern ireland' is only good for the propertied classes, but for everyone else it's still a case of relying on the £2billion payout from the treasury every year. the fuckers are masters of bullshit.

I agree completely.

A boycott would never work because poeople just want to wreck the kip. Shops won't close and will be quite happy to put in excess insurance claims.

We're a bunch of greedy cunts.

And yes, the poor are geting poorer. Everywhere.

I haven't been on any protest bollocks in years but i'm seriously thinking of going up
to this if it goes ahead. It just seems too provocative while not having any progressive
or conciliatory elemant for a symbol of postive change in the north.

There's no way people will boycott it. There's too many people who'll turn up just to throw a rock at a cop and shout "fuck charlie bird". I know i would.

i dont get it. What's the story with Charlie Bird?
Is it because he has some contacts in the ra?

I dont get a lot of shit. What's going on with me. Fucking turning American or something.

There's a common misconception that Charlie Bird is anti-Republican due to some articles,
comments he done. It's pretty light and cosmetic criticism(to my dumb ass) but he's somewhat seen as a media enemy.
Meanwhile Kevin Myers walks the streets with impunity

i dont get it. What's the story with Charlie Bird?
Is it because he has some contacts in the ra?

I dont get a lot of shit. What's going on with me. Fucking turning American or something.

He was attacked during the last love Ulster march - called an 'orange bastard' and took a few punches.

Presumably because he's a protestant.
And presumably by plastic republicans who don't know shit about their own history.

I see.

But... like, the fact of the matter is, he obviously has contacts in the Ra. High up in the Ra no less. He got some juicy stories from them. I didn't know he was a prod.
Although his daughter was in my class, and I got the feeling that she was better than me, I just never realised that might have been the reason. I just thought it was because she was pretty. And clever. And well adjusted.

I mean... the thing is, if you have "mates" high up in the Ra... I would have thought this would have counted for something.
Almost like... almost like these people who are handing out the beatings are in fact fucking eejits.
Obviously that's off the record though.

I see.

But... like, the fact of the matter is, he obviously has contacts in the Ra. High up in the Ra no less. He got some juicy stories from them. I didn't know he was a prod.
Although his daughter was in my class, and I got the feeling that she was better than me, I just never realised that might have been the reason. I just thought it was because she was pretty. And clever. And well adjusted.

I mean... the thing is, if you have "mates" high up in the Ra... I would have thought this would have counted for something.
Almost like... almost like these people who are handing out the beatings are in fact fucking eejits.
Obviously that's off the record though.
really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back