Riot in O'Connell st. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MrT
  • Start date
  • Replies 410
  • Views 41K
  • Watchers 17
1000smurfs said:
i assume the aphex twin soundtrack was added by people not connected with indymedia?
who knows - i was just looking for a random Google video to test the new [media] tag thing

mazzyianne said:
What an odd assumption....why?

well i if was reporting for indymedia , I wouldn't set my
my footage to music. Maybe you thought I meant that people
connected with indymedia wouldn't know aphex twin, which would
indeed be a ridiculous assumption!

No it's just that most indymedia videos I've seen have been set to similar music and I couldn't imagine someone would take someone elses video and put aphex twin over some commentary or something.
No matter.

that mayday (?) video with the cinematic orchestra soundtrack was awful
it was like that shitty video game 'state of emergency'

The group which organised a loyalist rally in Dublin city centre last year, which ended in a full scale riot in O'Connell Street, is to meet senior gardaí tomorrow to discuss holding another parade later in the summer.

Willie Frazer from the victims' group FAIR, (Families Acting for Innocent Relatives), is to meet the Assistant Garda Commissioner for the Dublin Metropolitan Region at Government Buildings in the morning.
Mr Frazer said he was hoping to get permission from the gardaí for a parade and rally in the capital, possibly in July.

The last parade, which was the first of its kind in Dublin, took place in February 2006.
It had to be abandoned after a mob went on the rampage in O'Connell Street.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0620/dublin.html

3,000 of them want to come down. Full bands this time.

I say, let them come and let no one turn up in town that day, so they won't have their audience. When the shops make fuck all money, they'll make sure that it'll never happen again.

Never fuck with the money.

Of course, this approach relies on people being a bit clever about these things. Which, as we saw the last time, just won't happen.

mail.jpg

I agree with Goff, let them march through empty streets completely ignored. Boycotting is a very, very powerful political tool, much more effective than protest.

Then again, last years events had nothing to do with political protest... it was just a bunch of scumbags taking advantage of the situation.

I agree with Goff, let them march through empty streets completely ignored. Boycotting is a very, very powerful political tool, much more effective than protest.

Then again, last years events had nothing to do with political protest... it was just a bunch of scumbags taking advantage of the situation.

I hope twice as many "dis-infrachised youth" take advantage of it this time round. its absolutly rediculous them trying to shove this down our throats again.This is triumphantism at its very best and mass violence and mayham is the best retort! and im not being sarcastic! I reckon i might head up and be dis-infranchised meself for the day!

I hope twice as many "dis-infrachised youth" take advantage of it this time round. its absolutly rediculous them trying to shove this down our throats again.This is triumphantism at its very best and mass violence and mayham is the best retort! and im not being sarcastic! I reckon i might head up and be dis-infranchised meself for the day!

You're not invited!

I respect your gaff when I'm down there, so do the same for mine please.

Why not head up to Belfast instead if you feel that stongly about it? I'm sure they'll make you very wecome up there, what with their new found "love Ulster" campaign (I'll tell you what areas not to visit!)

You'e not looking at the long game. There are ways of making them feel unwelcome without fucking bricks and petrol bombs at them. We have to be clever about these things. If people start attacking them again, they'll keep doing it every year and they'll be let do it, until we can show them we don't give a fuck about them so they'll get bored. Look at parade season up north for your examples.

but goff, even if your idea of a boycott worked (and i don't see how it could without major publicity for the idea) it would just be spun as another example of "how far we've come" and all that shite.

again, look at the north. the poorest people here are worse off than they were ten years ago. sectarian attitudes are on the rise. the 'new northern ireland' is only good for the propertied classes, but for everyone else it's still a case of relying on the £2billion payout from the treasury every year. the fuckers are masters of bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back