Restaurant Recommendations (2 Viewers)

ate in maloti on south william street for the first time tonight (the only indian restaurant on that street that i have not dined in). superb, the only description i can give is "exquisite elegance". the food was extremely filling, and the bland of spices was very subtle and extremely fine. starter, main course and a bottle of wine came to 34 euro, which is a very modest fee for such wonderful food and drink. i also must comment on the place itself: the lighting and music was wonderful and entirely unobtrusive. fantastic.

ate in maloti on south william street for the first time tonight (the only indian restaurant on that street that i have not dined in). superb, the only description i can give is "exquisite elegance". the food was extremely filling, and the bland of spices was very subtle and extremely fine. starter, main course and a bottle of wine came to 34 euro, which is a very modest fee for such wonderful food and drink. i also must comment on the place itself: the lighting and music was wonderful and entirely unobtrusive. fantastic.

ate there this evening for the first time. and would agree with everything you said. went with the set menu which i believe runs all night. some sort of potato cake starter and one hot mofo of a jalfrezi washed down with a pint bottle of cobra.

waiter extremly polite and i loved the modern decor.

will be going back again.

who doesn't love a bland of spices.

ate there this evening for the first time. and would agree with everything you said. went with the set menu which i believe runs all night.

Not a great phrase to use in a review for an Indian restaurant!

Anyone been on "Seven" in Stoneybatter yet? Tried popping in on Thursday but they were completely booked out. Booked out! On Manor Street! Shockin'.
Me and the missus finally went down here last night. It was okay - I mean... it would be a bit shite for any other part of the city, but for a place on Manor Street, it's not bad. Especially since the only other non-Asian food option on the street is Cafe bleedin' Hoggar.

I got the Ham Hock and Savoy Cabbage Tart for starters, which was dead tasty. She wasn't mad on her Deep-fried Calamari. For mains, I got the pan-fried sea bass and she got the rib-eye steak. The sea bass was bland. It's a bad situation when capers are the best part of the meal. The steak was dead nice though, cooked really well. Shame about the mash. Gravy slightly redeemed it though.

So yeah, okay place. Total for two people, starters, mains, desserts and a half-bottle of house white came to just over 60 smackers. Which isn't awful.

I love it loads and I'm gonna miss it when we move, but jaysus... it's in a bit of a state. And now Sorrento is closing up!
WHAT?!?!?! The borza went a year or two ago, now the sorrento. I'll have to walk up to the chipper next to the green chilli for chips now.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

not a restaurant, but i finally managed to track down sushi in cork yesterday. big faceful of fish on me. yum yum yum.

Sea bass is just a less complicated version of sea guitar.

Monkfish tip - pernod sauce - had it in Oscar taylors in Portmarnock of all places and it was well nice.

anyone mention the indian across the road from fagans in drumcondra?

passed it last night and biy did it smell good.

maloti is my new favourite indian in dublin, i think. had been there a couple of years ago and not thought too much of it, but we were there for celebratories the night the missus became a dr, and it was incredible. could hardly speak. the bombay aloo and tarkha dahl sides were particularly fantastic.
lovely staff too

went to eden the other night. was ok. nice atmosphere but the grub wasn't as fantastic as i'd been expecting. nothing wrong with it like, but had thought it was meant to be amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back