Restaurant Recommendations (5 Viewers)

I went to The Mill in Celbridge (Richard Corrigan's restaurant) last night for a work 'do.

They have three differing priced menus and we were ordering from the cheapest, €75 per person in private dining room.

The food was amazing. That's all I can say about it. The service was brilliant. The actual restaurant itself is beautiful. I can't fault the place at all. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

oh I think I may be going to la ser (the cheaper one) this weekend. not heard a bad report of it yet.

other fine dining in celbridge: macaris, choys & the embassy chinese all on the main st, the really horrible cafe above 'damiens' Londis, and the celbridge house - gag gag gag

it now ocurrs to me I know far too much re: the eateries of the 'bridge

oh I think I may be going to la ser (the cheaper one) this weekend. not heard a bad report of it yet.

other fine dining in celbridge: macaris, choys & the embassy chinese all on the main st, the really horrible cafe above 'damiens' Londis, and the celbridge house - gag gag gag

it now ocurrs to me I know far too much re: the eateries of the 'bridge
For Chinese have you tried The Grand Lucan Restaraunt (beside McDonalds & Maxol) (or the Anadale as it used to be known)? it is the best chinese food i have ever eaten. ever. x infinity.

For Indian, Kasturi (beside Statoil Garage) in Lucan is pretty cheap for great food. their Sunday lunch menu is deadly too.

Stonehaven in Maynooth is pretty tasty too but up it's own arse and the food, as good as it is, just isn't worth the exuberant price

For Chinese have you tried The Grand Lucan Restaraunt (beside McDonalds & Maxol) (or the Anadale as it used to be known)? it is the best chinese food i have ever eaten. ever. x infinity.

For Indian, Kasturi (beside Statoil Garage) in Lucan is pretty cheap for great food. their Sunday lunch menu is deadly too.

Stonehaven in Maynooth is pretty tasty too but up it's own arse and the food, as good as it is, just isn't worth the exuberant price

Why yes. Yes. I have eaten many maaahhhhnny times in the anadale as a youngster. what with being from The Bridge and all.

burritos and blues in dublin till death
la salsa in galway till death
smithfield market cafe to die (deadly poached eggs, get it intya)

burritos and blues in dublin till death
la salsa in galway till death
smithfield market cafe to die (deadly poached eggs, get it intya)

Where is Burritos and Blues?

Went to The Canteen at the Schoolhouse Hotel on Tuesday. It was decent, but pretty expensive for what it was. There was little consistency in terms of pricing, which always makes me really aware of how little value we actually get for our money.

The goat's cheese starter was something like 9 quid (possibly more), and was two bite-sized pieces of cheese on some greens. My pan-fried plaice was good, and came with a fairly generous dollop of mash, but still, for 24 quid, you'd at least hope for some veg, and the piece of fish wasn't that big. But the steaks were heaving fucking masses -- two of the fuckers would collapse a whole dining table. Taste-wise, it was good, but not to-die-for-delicious, which, you know, you'd kind of want for mains that are all more than 20 euro. My friend got a veggie risotto that had bean sprouts in it and tasted like cheesy rice rather than actual risotto. NOT COOL.

Service was great, mind. The waitstaff are really friendly, attentive without being pushy, and were really accommodating about food intolerances and vegetarians and stuff. Pity the food isn't better value for money.

But the bar food in the Schoolhouse Bar looks yum yum.

Odessa do my favourite breakfast/brunch.

i went in here last night - never was there before. i had the monkfish - the bit of fish was lovely but it came with a plate full of shitty enough tomato sauce (like something out of a can) and some large beans and bits of sausage. not great for the price, i thought.

burritos and blues is in ranelagh (sp?). nachos are good to have in there, but go horrible if you take em away,you gotta eat em straight away before they melt.

Bean and cheese burritos are great.

I once spoke to the owner of Burritos n Blues on the phone. She proudly told me how they were one of the only restaurants she knew of who have a policy of employing 'handicapped' people. She did actually use that word.

I've been to those two restaurants in the laugable 'Italian Quarter' on the Quays recently and I wasn't impressed. I think they're owned by builder extraordinaire Mick 'The Hair' Wallace. The pasta dishes I had were bland and decidedly over salted and I had to send one back as the pasta on one plate went from piping hot, to lukewarm to totally cold. The service is a little bit indifferent too. The place further down the lane, Entoccea something or other is nice for a glass of wine and some antipasti.

I'm digging Gruel on Dame Street at the moment for both lunch and dinner. The Thai fishcakes, mash, roast in a roll, soups and deli rolls are particularly rocking.

Chai Yo on Baggot Street was very meh. We did the whole having your dinner cooked at the table followed by the chefs singing and playing guitar routine. The food was forgettable and they were very, very keen to get rid of us to accommodate the next sitting, which is fair enough but there's a polite way of doing it and there's their way involving removing wine bottles still containing wine from the table, bringing us our coats while we were still drinking coffee and the once smiling, singing chefs staring us out of it with murderous intent

I've been to those two restaurants in the laugable 'Italian Quarter' on the Quays recently and I wasn't impressed. I think they're owned by builder extraordinaire Mick 'The Hair' Wallace. The pasta dishes I had were bland and decidedly over salted and I had to send one back as the pasta on one plate went from piping hot, to lukewarm to totally cold. The service is a little bit indifferent too. The place further down the lane, Entoccea something or other is nice for a glass of wine and some antipasti.

Have you been to Bar Italia there? I just had lunch there and it's really good. Been a few times now. Had a bad experience in one of the others though ..... can't remember which one ....

The food was forgettable and they were very, very keen to get rid of us to accommodate the next sitting, which is fair enough but there's a polite way of doing it and there's their way involving removing wine bottles still containing wine from the table, bringing us our coats while we were still drinking coffee and the once smiling, singing chefs staring us out of it with murderous intent

nectar in ranelagh do a good line in this. the bill magically arrives without it being asked for, even if it's mostly empty, you're there less than an hour and you've ordered plenty. so rude.

Tried to get in there last saturday for the very-appealing-looking early bird menu, but they were booked out. Have heard good things about it though.

Had our wedding "lunch" in Aqua. Really good. Obviously .. since we chose it. My old pair went back there for dinner a while ago though and weren't too impressed.

Just back from Aqua, very very impressed.
We had a big round table with the most amazing view looking out across the sea, delicious food and great service.
The early bird is really good value, 30 euro for 3 courses and tea/coffee.
A friend who knows the owners was telling me they make no profit on the early bird, crazy...
The place was packed but not unpleasantly so. Only possible downside is there's no choice really for vegetarians.

I went to Town bar and grill for an alternative Valentine's night out (at lunchtime). As predicted in all the reviews, it was full of fat rubicund businessmen and their prunish wives/mistresses.

They have a nicely-priced lunch deal, but it seems to be a thrift version of the evening menu. The chowder had a lot of celery in it and very little sea-food; the steak was nice, but my wife's main course (fish of some sort) wasn't great. I had panna cotta, which was way too sweet for dessert. Three course + coffee + two white wines for €80. Not bad, but there is much better value/atmosphere to be had elsewhere.

Also neither their cr card or laser card machines worked, so I had to walk out to a bank machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back