Relationships - what is the point? (1 Viewer)

this is teh point!!1

Police.UK.7402-783971.jpg

SUE LAWWWWLEY

DEREP

and I can only plaaaay the part
and sit here nurse my brrroooken heart

here, Pete, merge this with the Wedding thread kthx?

Y'know,

I reckon you dont think much of men. Would'nt call you lonely though.

-You're a female version of the version of man that all women despise; but dont worry, most men love women like you, and Women love you cos you're not a man.

I think you're great by the way.

Falling in love is great and usually 1-2 years is easily maintainable but then it's work on both parts. It can be great or it can be shit. It's totally a two system that needs to be working from both ends.

Thats my experience of two serious relationships anyway and I'm sure other circumstances apply with each individual.

Johnnyc and I just celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary. I've never felt that I lost my independence or that I couldn't be myself with him. Though when we were first married I felt like a shite wife because I didn't think I measured up as I'm untidy and would rather spend time with him than cleaning. Turned out though he didn't care about having a spotlessly clean home so I lucked out.

Anyway, there's no point being with someone just for the sake of being in a relationship. So many people are stuck in unhappy situations. A good relationship is deadly though. There's nothing like having a great laugh with someone who has a similar sense of humour and there's nothing like knowing that at the end of the day, there's someone who will always be on your side and loves you even though you leave your shoes lying around, your makeup all over the place and just can't be arsed to scrub the floor.

I get really pissed off when people talk about the importance of keeping the traditional family unit together above all else. It's not the 'breakup of families' it's the damage done by living a lie. However many parents kids have, and whatever their relationship with each other, if the kids know they are absolutely loved and wanted, then that's what matters.

I think people end up looking at the damage divorce does and then extrapolate from that, but divorce is a bad relationship ending. It's probably not the divorce that does the damage. Or if it is, it's because the divorce is ugly on one or both sides and the kids end up as go-betweens or end up neglected.

If kids see the model of their parents' relationship and it's two people who can't stand each other, it might be that little bit harder to form their own adult relationships because that's their example. But if they have two parents who aren't together, they probably learn a hell of a lot more about healthy relationships because they see conflict resolution, compromise -- all those things -- in action, and a bit more acknowledgement of reality. And the messages they get about love and respect aren't contradicted by two parents who can't even look at each other and live in total denial.

If the parents are responsible enough, they'll realise that a broken-down relationship is better ended for the sake of the child's welfare and sense of security. Otherwise, you're just messing your kid around and that's not fair.

how long do you think you have to go without a relationaship before something inside of you dies and never ever comes back again and you live your life, like everyone else on the outisde, but one inside your just a hollow shell of a human being?

two, three years?

how long do you think you have to go without a relationaship before something inside of you dies and never ever comes back again and you live your life, like everyone else on the outisde, but one inside your just a hollow shell of a human being?

two, three years?

In that case I'm fucked, it's been something like six or so (maybe more I can't remember) years since I've done anything more than dated someone a few times. I don't think I'm a hollow shell of a human being though, at least I hope not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back