Relationships - what is the point? (3 Viewers)

When they do that it's time to find new friends. Being stuck in the middle of rows between people I made the mistake of innocently introducing to one another was one of the worst experiences of my life.

People should keep their relationships to themselves.
unless they're not in one cos tehy'd rather hang out with their lovely friends. aww.

It's funny how friends are not always around once they are in a relationship all of a sudden. That drives me mad when a mate disappears for months on end with some bird and then is back and you've kinda like strangers abit

It's funny how friends are not always around once they are in a relationship all of a sudden. That drives me mad when a mate disappears for months on end with some bird and then is back and you've kinda like strangers abit

Of course this always happens to some extent, but some friends will literally kick you to the kerb in this situation, act like you never existed, and then come crawling back to you a year later, cap in hand, all bitten and drained and smashed up by the harpy/succubus whatever, looking for old reliable to pick up the pieces. And that's when you just wheel out your new best mate.

"This is Nigel, he's my new best friend, and unlike you, he loves stamp collecting too"

"In your face sucker!"

We've all read A Christmas Carol, and/or Silas Marner. The human heart never loses the ability to come alive again, no matter how far gone you believe yourself to be!

I read Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen, The Heart is Decitful Above All Things and Kafka's the Trail, so I learned the world is a cruel and uncaring place where horrible things happen to people who don't deserve it so you're better off shutting yourself off from it before it breaks you altogether

Who hear can't listen to 'I Got You Babe' without breaking down?

I read Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen, The Heart is Decitful Above All Things and Kafka's the Trail, so I learned the world is a cruel and uncaring place where horrible things happen to people who don't deserve it so you're better off shutting yourself off from it before it breaks you altogether

So, what did you go for in the end - the Punto or the Volvo?

peteowenjones.jpg

I'm shocked no one has posted him in the I have the horn for thread.

i've been wondering a bit why we don't commit to friendships at all, let alone in the same way as sexy relationships - in the sense of priorities and considering them in making big decisions, or conflict resolution, or breaking up. i think it's harder to replace friends (dear friends, STOP LEAVING THE COUNTRY, xoxo lisa) than to get into a relationship, probably because of the lust factor/sexual intimacy creating a general sense of intimacy. (here we can assume my sample group puts out on the first date.) the boston marriage idea comes in somewhere here too.

i get the whole eros/philia buzz and i think both are pretty essential for happiness, mind. and on a further tangent, i think it's time for a 12-step program for spinster references, cause i can't stop making them.

At what age does panic set in where you fear that you'll be alone for the rest of your life?

Apprently im difficult to go out with! which I would well believe!

how long do you think you have to go without a relationaship before something inside of you dies and never ever comes back again and you live your life, like everyone else on the outisde, but one inside your just a hollow shell of a human being?

two, three years?

I'm hittin 8/9 months, quite a ways to go yet. I'd say another 18 months before i start to feel the pinch.

Then i buy the dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back