Quotes from your child (7 Viewers)

my cousin used to say 'will i tell ya why?' if you asked him anything..and if you said 'yes' he would say 'cos that's the why'..

it drove everybody fucking mental..
Sounds like a Limerick lad. That's the why is an answer for all occasions here

Seventeen of us at christmas dinner, munching away having a grand old time. carl, the youngest cousin, turns to my uncle declan and says:

"dad, why do jewish boys have to get the tops of their willies cut off? i used to think they got the whole thing chopped off but it's just the top. why?"

declan: " "

entire extended family: " "

*sound of a dog barking and someone choking on their turkey and the baby jesus crying in the distance*

2.5 year old niece the other day leaping about the place

'ooo please take off my shoes auntie jan, quickly, i have pins and noodles'

"rockies" / "wockies" = records

"Tee dees" = CDs

He much prefers the vinyl. Everytime he hears music, he comes in to see if it's a record spinning and if not, points at the shelves and says "rockies" until I put one on.
Then he keeps hitting the start/stop button on the deck.

Bless!

You should make him little 'vocabulary' flash cards out of album cover art. Next thing you know, he'll be your Thumped legacy. Or he'll just start communicating to you entirely in flash cards, which you'll understand perfectly.

"rockies" / "wockies" = records

"Tee dees" = CDs

He much prefers the vinyl. Everytime he hears music, he comes in to see if it's a record spinning and if not, points at the shelves and says "rockies" until I put one on.
Then he keeps hitting the start/stop button on the deck.

I used to get something like this. She calls records "rock noise". Used to come into the living room and point at the stereo and go "Rock Noise! Rock Noise!" .... until I put on a record. She would then stand there listening to it for about 5 seconds before shaking her head and saying "No, no, no ...". She would then point at the TV and say "Barney! Barney!"

"ah, its alright pet, ah go sleep"... my 2 year old nephew to his Mam, rubbing her hair gently.

It was the middle of the night and she was trying to get him to sleep, but had to lie down beside him, exhausted. He was using her usual line...

my cousins kid who is three was playing with a new toy we got him cos his twin baby brothers were getting christened and it was a "see everyone still loves you,yr involved"gift. The toy was some ELC educational thing
114128_ma.jpg

When I asked him what he wanted to call the ice man he said "Chinky", i had to try persuade him that it wasn't really an appropriate name and maybe we could call him Icey instead..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back