Question for the gals of thumped (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Where do you get your hair cut? Please don't say Toni & Guy or Lunatic Fringe, which I went to once just because of the name. I know it has nothing to do with the song but it was in my head the whole time there.

I haven't had my hair cut since November (save from me cutting my own fringe so it doesn't poke me in the eyes) and it's ridiculously long now (for me) and a good few inches need to go. I just don't want to walk out of someplace looking like Pat Benatar circa 1983. No frills, just a simple page boy bob type thing that will not cost a tiny fortune. I seriously cannot believe the prices here to get a haircut.

I just don't want to walk out of someplace looking like Pat Benatar circa 1983. No frills, just a simple page boy bob type thing that will not cost a tiny fortune. I seriously cannot believe the prices here to get a haircut.[/quote]

I know i'm not a girl, but this would not be such a bad thing..

I get my hair cut in the Oriental Salon in Limerick - hair cuts by cool Chinese Boys, for cool Chinese boys (and me). It's 15 quid for a haircut.

pat-benatar-shadows-night-1.JPG

Hmm you might be right...

I go to Garrett Stevens on the Harold's Cross Road. Matt's my man.

Me, yesterday:
1985perm.jpg

Swit swoo, wha?

Theres a palce on Thomas St on the same side of the rd and just a few doors down from Vicar St that my sister goes.
I dont think theres a name on it, but its 4 chinese hairdressers. They are really really good and quite cheap too.
No apointments, you just go in and wait your turn.

i go to karl in ozlo in the george's st arcade. not cheap, mind, but he is one of the few hairdressers i've encountered who's good at cutting very thick, curly hair. after many previous hair traumas (hair looking like hat, hair looking like frightwig, triangle hair, hair that looked perfectly normal leaving salon but required eight gallons of product to keep it that way, hair straightened causing me to resemble jane fonda in klute, but not in a good way, etc.) i am happy to pay the man to make my hair look consistently dacent.

i go to karl in ozlo in the george's st arcade. not cheap, mind, but he is one of the few hairdressers i've encountered who's good at cutting very thick, curly hair. after many previous hair traumas (hair looking like hat, hair looking like frightwig, triangle hair, hair that looked perfectly normal leaving salon but required eight gallons of product to keep it that way, hair straightened causing me to resemble jane fonda in klute, but not in a good way, etc.) i am happy to pay the man to make my hair look consistently dacent.

Okay, this is the second time someone has suggested this place. I will check it out. Is it 50-75 range or over 75 euro for just a cut?

Okay, this is the second time someone has suggested this place. I will check it out. Is it 50-75 range or over 75 euro for just a cut?

i think the guy i go to is around 80 just for a cut, though it's less for a more junior person in the same salon.

i can go aaaaaages between his haircuts without it looking awful, though (no smart comments from anyone who's seen me recently), so i think it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back