Prostitution Poll (1 Viewer)

Where do you stand on prostitution?

• Total voters
The Swedish model, as Milker pasted, is the criminalisation of the punter only, but the result is that for many sex workers, especially those who work on the streets, they have to move to darker and less safe corners and areas of the city. They also have less time to suss out whether a prospective punter is safe, and they end up spending more time working on their own. Plus, because the punters are more afraid of being caught, those who might have a tendency to treat the women (and I'm only talking about women here because I know very little about male sex workers) badly will be more likely to do so.

Now I will bullet point and totally disassociate from the fembolism this issue frequently gives me:

Not all sex work is the same.

Trafficked women are not sex workers in the same way as women who find themselves doing it to get by, they are slaves.

Some women choose it for themselves because they want to. Not all women choose it because they want to.

The reality of sex work is much more complex than can be discussed on an internet forum where these things usually break out into pissing contests.

There is a strong likelihood that someone reading this thread has used the services of a sex worker. There is a strong likelihood that someone reading this thread has done sex work.

I don't agree with the 'pro-choice women are probably also anti-prostitution' idea. I understand where this comes from. A lot of feminist groups are very anti-sex work, but as a result are anti-sex worker, which is pretty lame and alienates an entire category of people. Abortion is a reality, and I don't see the point of being 'for' or 'against' it. Sex work is a reality, and being 'for' or 'against' also seems pointless. Reality is not something you can be for or against; it's like going out and protesting against thunderstorms.

One woman I spoke with once said that she thought it was totally fucking lame that people thought of her as a dirty prossie, but would themselves go down the pub and gladly suck a fella off for a few lines of coke. She thought that was pretty fucking hypocritical. I agree.

The end.

I said I wasn't gonna, but I did. Sweet lord above, someone post some puppies already.

One woman I spoke with once said that she thought it was totally fucking lame that people thought of her as a dirty prossie, but would themselves go down the pub and gladly suck a fella off for a few lines of coke. She thought that was pretty fucking hypocritical. I agree.

As I said in my initial post it is bizarre that something is criminalised when it is sold but perfectly legal when free.

Here's an interestingish article on the topics at hand:
http://www.newstatesman.com/books/2008/03/sex-women-trafficking-agustin

*deep breath* what's the swedish model? what about holland, germany, comparisons etc

victoria-silvstedt-20070111-197209.jpg

not sure if she's on the game tho...

The reality of sex work is much more complex than can be discussed on an internet forum

ah now, don't say that. we could apply this to 99 percent of the threads on here and then where would we be?

productive in work?

As I said in my initial post it is bizarre that something is criminalised when it is sold but perfectly legal when free.

so if society was actually fair or something, it would be a moral protection of the sacred act of love making, as in criminalising the application of material value on something that is free.

society not being fair, its only free if you've got the lucky charms, therefore illegalising prostitution sorta rules out legal sex for unnatractive antisocial folks.

i dont have a point, i'm thinking aloud.

a thread summary if i may:

prostitutes and animals don't mix, even if you can fit one up the hole. victoria silvstedt is the only prostitute that looks good with a hamster up her butt. the country of sweden was pimped out by the eu in '87, 10 quid to wank on her soil. anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back