petition for dail eireann regarding the closure of nightclubs (6 Viewers)

that's fair enough, how was i to know, but i'm sure the bit i have quoted isn't entirely true.
therecklessone said:
Its because of that that I know how bad the fuckers are. Too busy providing "security" for film shoots to be stopping things like heroin dealing and granny batin'.

it would just be nice if there was somewhere we could go and drink booze in peace and have a nice chat, even if it's 4 am. i mean, it's like the mantra "i just want to swim, bold, eat olives and drink red wine all day... is that really too much to ask?" is it really too much to ask? really?

Thayl said:
Electric City on a Thursday in The Metropolitan is very good. They've brought over Andy Weatherall, Dave Clarke, The Hacker, Speedy J, Alter Ego (this Thursday I believe), Ellen Allien and have always given local DJs good slots there too.

D1's Model 1 club on Friday in Traffic is another great club. They've brought over Octave One, Laurent Garnier, Aux Men, DJ Godfather, Mike Grant, Baby Ford, and countless Irish DJs also.

Loose Electrix are looking for a new venue right now but along with Neuromantek they've brought over Andrea Parker, Volum, Dan Curtin, The Youngsters, Dexorcist etc.

U:Mack are currently running nights the first Saturday of every month in The Shelter, they've got Venetian Snares playing there this Saturday and previous have had Radioactive Man, The Bug, DMX Krew, Plaid and in other venues they've put on Supercollider, loads of Warp Records acts (including Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Autechre).

Remedy run a lot of nights in the TBMC, Miss Kitten was on there last Saturday, they've got Jamie Lidell coming over again soon.

All of the above were put on in nightclubs/late opening venues and nights like these will be adversly affected if these new closing times come into effect.
ok... but what if you're not mad into djs and shit? ;)

Other good clubs I've remembered, Bassbin every Saturday night in The Metropolitan and Studio B every Friday night in Fraisers, pretty much Dublin's only drum and bass clubs.

Backlash on Thursday nights in Wax, Nylon on Sunday nights in Traffic playing electroclash/hip-hop/party music type stuff, both really fun nights.

Bodytonic on Fridays in Wax and 12ten on Saturdays in the Legal Eagle are both really popular house nights.

hag said:
it would just be nice if there was somewhere we could go and drink booze in peace and have a nice chat, even if it's 4 am. i mean, it's like the mantra "i just want to swim, bold, eat olives and drink red wine all day... is that really too much to ask?" is it really too much to ask? really?
I'd be up for that. I fuppin' hate our so-called nightclubs, but I'd resent being sent home at 1.30 like a bold schoolboy cos Herr Flick and the rozzers can't deal with the problems of drink-related violence.

hag said:
If you wanted you could set one up, just find a pub that's willing (and allowed) to get an excemption to stay open until 3am, or 1:30am, depending on whether the Gardai's proposal is enforced.

Thayl said:
sorry (speedy-typing) Thayl, I wasn't being serious.

I was commenting on the venues and the architecture rather than the great work that all the promoters are doing. The reason I signed the petition was because of what will happen to these promoters if this goes ahead.

Guys, this recommendation by the garda will mean jobs losses..... whether you are bar staff, a dj, a promoter, work in the cloakroom, stand outside as doormen, run the whole place as a manager, you will loose your job....and there will be no late night clubs in dublin for people who love music if this goes through.

never mind the knock on effect on tourism.....

this is a very serious situation, and shouldnt be looked at as a "clubs are shit" argument....

All the best

Anthony
www.remedyireland.com

thats fair enough but if you read the posts everyone is saying their against it, why not have a debate on whether irish clubs are good or not?

Remedy said:
Guys, this recommendation by the garda will mean jobs losses..... whether you are bar staff, a dj, a promoter, work in the cloakroom, stand outside as doormen, run the whole place as a manager, you will loose your job....and there will be no late night clubs in dublin for people who love music if this goes through.

this is a very serious situation, and shouldnt be looked at as a "clubs are shit" argument....

All the best

Anthony
www.remedyireland.com

Remedy said:

All the best

Anthony
www.remedyireland.com
the thumped message board shouldn't really be looked upon as a 'serious message board' in fairness...

ah for fuck sake. so half the country is going into poverty coz their closing up a little earlier than usual. cop on you muppet
Remedy said:

All the best

Anthony
www.remedyireland.com

ms.b.haven said:
that's fair enough, how was i to know, but i'm sure the bit i have quoted isn't entirely true.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=187844&highlight=gardai

Not scientific or anything, but it'll do.

As for being in rows? Proud to say the last fight I was in was in secondary school. And I get blind drunk at times wehn I'm out, no sign of bother out of me. In fact, I've been known to stop the odd row between strangers when I'm in the mood, with my calming influence (I'll get meself stabbed one of these days)

Nice of you to assume we're all thugs at heart though...:(

ms.b.haven said:
ah for fuck sake. so half the country is going into poverty coz their closing up a little earlier than usual. cop on you muppet
I have never got into a row or a fight after leaving a pub but I sense if i meet you when drunk that may all change

hag said:
hey, so ms.b.haven's retarded? fuck me...
ah now, I wouldn't say that. But I think it may be the first time i typed something negative/threatening here.

I have surprised myself,

maybe it's a new me,

who knows.

I bet ya Herr Flick and the Pee Dees have a hand to play in this.

Its so we're all in bed early and not phoning in sick to work. Probably want us all to work in sweat shops as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back