Not Mani People Criticise The Stone Roses (5 Viewers)

same. I liked them enough when they were on the go but only became super-obsessed with them after the turmoil.

they're grand but this gig will be awful. I saw Brown live loads of times and his gigs ranged from decent to awful, but awful was more plentiful than. Have seen Mani with Primal Scream a tonne of times and it was grand at first but just became done to death. Saw Squire live twice playing solo - brutal both times but it was a delight to see the man (my favourite of the roses boys). And I'd still admit to liking both the seahorses albums.

Never got to see the Rub but they sounded like they might be rubbish.

.................... are you.............me ?

It'll be Slane I recon and in that case I shant be in attendance...

It looks like most of the legendary Reading gig is up on youtube now, Jesus it's bad !!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

same. I liked them enough when they were on the go but only became super-obsessed with them after the turmoil.

Saw Squire live twice playing solo - brutal both times but it was a delight to see the man (my favourite of the roses boys). And I'd still admit to liking both the seahorses albums.

.................... are you.............me ?

Did either of you go and see Beck in Dublin Castle for the sole reason that The Seahorses were supporting ???

Then after the gig hurdle a barrier as John Squire was behind it and you wanted his autograph only to be choke slammed to the ground by a bouncer.....

I was at Reading in 96 and I saw The Rub. I wish both could be erased from my mind.

If they play Dublin it'll be the O2, but I'd say they're nailed on for Slane or Oxegen.

I'd say Slane, but isn't Oxegen a festival and therefore not much of an earner compared to a stand alone tour?

I could stand to be corrected here.

A guy in work just said he reckoned it would be Coachella here. I mean if they're getting back for the money, would doing the festival circuit cut it for them?

I'd say Slane, but isn't Oxegen a festival and therefore not much of an earner compared to a stand alone tour?

I'd say they'll end up doing both, assuming they're still talking by then.

With a festival I'd imagine it'd be more of an earner. Theres less equipment, personnel, etc, to lug around. The money mightn't be as much but it might offset with the lower costs.

Plus a festival set is usually no more than an hour so its less work for them.

I'd say they'll end up doing both, assuming they're still talking by then.

With a festival I'd imagine it'd be more of an earner. Theres less equipment, personnel, etc, to lug around. The money mightn't be as much but it might offset with the lower costs.

Plus a festival set is usually no more than an hour so its less work for them.

Okay, this is just two guys guessing.

Anyone know the economics of this thing?
I wonder because I might end up going to fucking Coachella next year, despite everything else I've said here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back