Not Mani People Criticise The Stone Roses (1 Viewer)

When was the last time anyone here listened to the Stone Roses debut?
Like I used to think that record was immortal, now it's a nice memory.

I actually preferred the compilation 'the complete stone roses' EXCEPT it didn't have the guitar solo/outro for I am the resurrection. Earlier pre album singles were better I thought

When was the last time anyone here listened to the Stone Roses debut?
Like I used to think that record was immortal, now it's a nice memory.
1704481848727.png

These are all either great guitar or bass riffs realized into almost great but mostly just sort of good songs.
It must have sounded like aliens landing in 89 though.

I just read the cover art is based on the giants causeway - just like zepplin 4.

View attachment 18023

These are all either great guitar or bass riffs realized into almost great but mostly just sort of good songs.

I just read the cover art is based on the giants causeway - just like zepplin 4.

Oh yeah fools gold wasn't on the debut either which is also why I preferred the compilation

View attachment 18023

I remember a load of us sitting in a mate's living room one Saturday evening in early 1990 while he made us listen to all 10 minutes of the Fools Gold 12"... Considering the same group of people would normally be going to Sabbat, Sacred Reich etc etc gigs together this was quite a turn up for the books.

I remember a load of us sitting in a mate's living room one Saturday evening in early 1990 while he made us listen to all 10 minutes of the Fools Gold 12"... Considering the same group of people would normally be going to Sabbat, Sacred Reich etc etc gigs together this was quite a turn up for the books.

I still really like the tall Paul remix

I played the first Stone Roses and Inspiral Carpets albums to some American metallers. It was dismissed as music for "art fags".

Kind of always thought that Andrew Weatherall gifted Primal Scream about 80% of their status with Loaded and everything else was kind of average.
I know tons of people adore Screamadelica. I have never been one of them.

My folks used to let us stay up late to watch Starsky and Hutch. It was the one exception to the early bedtime rule.

And while we're at it, there used to be a mechanic on the Richmond Road called Car Keys & Clutch

ok, I think that's my Starsky & Hutch brain emptied

Catch up.
First Stone Roses album, very good.
Fool's Gold, nah.
Screamadelica, not for me.
We always called it Car Keys and Clutch.
agree on the Stone Roses, but I think it was of its time, and maybe I liked it cos of the age I was at.

Scremadelica isn't great but it wouldn't have been cool to say you didn't like it. All the cool kids loved it, or pretended they did anyway.

I always thought Primal Scream were good fun live. Kinda like the Rolling Stones on different drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back