Not Mani People Criticise The Stone Roses (1 Viewer)

Elephant stone....foookin love it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love Squire's guitar playing on the early records before the Led Zeppelin obsession took over.

Fucking hate hate hate the Stone Roses. There's a couple of people who I know that whenever I'm with them at a party and it gets to a particular time of the night they feel as though they "need" to put them on and apologise to me for doing so in advance becasue they know just how awful I think they are.

If they really liked me they woudn't put on their useless stupid fucking music.

Again, I fucking hate them.

And the Happy fucking Mondays too while I'm at it. Dicks.

Stone Roses were the Kaiser Chiefs of their time.

Ha! They're a bit better than the Kaiser Chiefs though surely?

I remember the first time I heard them was an appearance on Snub TV. Stuck in the middle of all sorts of weirdo music like buttholes and dinosaur and ar kane and mbv and whatever, they just sounded completely different to everything else .... but unfortunately not in a good way. I actually thought they were some kind of joke at first. I was puzzled at to why someone would want to impersonate a 60s band like that.

I quite like one of their songs .... but i can't remember which one .

I could never understand how it made so many best of lists, singles, Shoot You Down and Sugar Spoon Sister aside it's very average. The version of The Stone Roses I got into was an American import my brother had with Elephant Stone and Fools Gold on it so when I finally heard the original in a mates house, it went down even further in my opinion.

I actually prefer Second Coming, maybe because I was more into music when it came out (I was 9 when the first was released) Breaking Into Heaven, Daybreak, How Do You Sleep, You're Star Will Shine, Love Spreads, Begging You and Ten Story Love Song were the anthems to many a drunken house party.

I tried to stay as loyal as I could to Brown, but I lost it when a mate of mine was asked to testify in court against him in San Francisco after he blogged about a gig in which Brown and his merry band kicked the living shite out of a bouncer (probably still up there on youtube somewhere).

This is was the final nail in their coffin Reading 96, no John Squire, no Remi, Brown's awful vocals and terrible sound. 2:20 seconds to 3:00 is the worst sound I've ever heard..

Fool's Gold is one song that hasn't stood the test of time at all. I never liked it, actually. Even when I was into the Stone Roses, who were one of the first bands I liked as a kid.
Now, I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them, and indeed have no interest in anything any of them have done since, but there's no doubting that there are some lovely moments of pop on that first album - She Bangs The Drums is tremendous stuff. Shoot You Down, Sugar Spun Sister, Bye Bye Badman, This is the One... very good songs.

Fucking hate hate hate the Stone Roses. There's a couple of people who I know that whenever I'm with them at a party and it gets to a particular time of the night they feel as though they "need" to put them on and apologise to me for doing so in advance becasue they know just how awful I think they are.

If they really liked me they woudn't put on their useless stupid fucking music.

Again, I fucking hate them.

And the Happy fucking Mondays too while I'm at it. Dicks.

Stone Roses make great 5am music

This is was the final nail in their coffin Reading 96, no John Squire, no Remi, Brown's awful vocals and terrible sound. 2:20 seconds to 3:00 is the worst sound I've ever heard..
YouTube - I AM THE RESURRECTION / THE STONE ROSES

Fucking HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading about it in NME at the time. I was 14 and just getting into music and didn't really know about the Stone Roses save for seeing the video to Love Spreads on TOTP and knowing it was a big deal that they were "back".

I read the bad reviews but had never heard it until 3 minutes ago. It's 100 times worse than I imagined it was. Fuck me. :)

Two guys played "Tightrope" at a school concert that I also appeared at and claimed it as their own. Nobody rumbled them either. Sneaky gets.

I left the ranks of the virginal after seeing the Complete Stone Roses in the Olympia one marvellous (and eye-opening) night.

That's my two Stone Roses stories there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back