No Country For Old Men (1 Viewer)

LIked it, worth seeing on the big screen for those ultra wide landscape shots, but I honestly am not particuarly clear on who was working for who and various other details about the film. Maybe because it was long and I was tired.

...Tommy Lee Jones owns the movie rights to 'Suttree'. Going on 'Three Burials...' & his alleged friendship with the reclusive McCarthy, I reckon he'd make a good job of it.

Ridley Scott will make a mess of this. He's just a complete hack.

And his complete hack of a brother Tony is apparently tackling a remake of 'The Taking of Pelham One Two Three' :eek:

With John Travolta and the Scott brothers' poster boy the Denz.
Uuuurgh.

I can just imagine the disgusting back-stories and moralistic bullshit they'll try infuse it with.
LEAVE IT ALONE!

Bet there'll be lots of soft focus and curtains billowing in the breeze. maybe even a lesbeen scene. Good ole tony.

Bet there'll be lots of soft focus and curtains billowing in the breeze. maybe even a lesbeen scene. Good ole tony.

Sounds more like Adrian Lynne.
Doesn't Tony Scott do 'high-octane' thrillers with mercurial leading men and shiny, shiny guns?

Come on! Surely there's someone out there in Thumped land that didn't like this movie.

oh hi,

i'm another tacked on character who adds nothing to the film

ah no. I enjoy it more in retrospect then when I was watching it

Saw this tonight and loved it..

the bit where Llewelyn (sp?) was in the hotel room and Javier Bardem is standing outside and then turns off the lights??I swear I nearly wet myself

Apparently it's in its last week in the cinema so if you haven't caught it yet go see!!

I felt so very very smart when I thought how the coin toss scene looked like an homage to Ingmar Bergman, particularly Seventh Seal when the knight and death were playing chess.

the Seventh Seal was published in 1959, remember what year was on the coin?

I'm so great.

This was deadly like. You know, proper deadly.

Everyone else said they were most scaredest at the motel/lights off/yerman at the door scene. I was much more freaked out by the bizarre sounding gun shooting at you from nowhere. I'm simple like that.

CALL IT

Dr. Faustus: That's very clever indeed.

Ooh. Never twigged that Seventh Seal nod. Nice wan.

Also the first scene we see Chiguhr is a reference to Roeg's 'The Man Who Fell To Earth'. The Coens want us to see him as an inhuman or alien character who comes out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back