Home improvement (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
Hi, so we've been locked down long enough and spending enough time at home to realise that we need to do the place up. The house is 20 years old and we've been living in it for 5 years. Apart from getting the attic converted after we moved in, we haven't done anything with the place. We're living in a 3 bed terraced house and We want to get the kitchen, living room and bathrooms done. We're looking at getting new floors and doors (including pocket doors between the kitchen and living room). We're no good at any sort of handy work. We were just wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for renovating companies around Dublin.

the_jen

Supporter
Solutions
Ours was closer to a rebuild than a renovation, but we used Clancon. We did have some issues, which they came back and rectified. They were good to deal with, they came out to have a look and a chat, they had good ideas and solutions. They came recommended to us by neighbours but they were also the cheapest of three tenderers, this was about five years ago.

For some stuff they recommended other companies who we dealt with directly, rather than Clancon bringing them in as subcontractors. For the kitchen fitout we used Grand Designs. I think we visited Margaret once in her office to design everything, she came here once to measure up, she made everything in the factory and then the installers came and put it all in in one or two days. Really easy, as I recall it, and the quality of the work is great.

We didn't get Clancon to install flooring, so I can't speak to that. They put down a temporary OSB subfloor that we lived with for a while.

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
Ours was closer to a rebuild than a renovation, but we used Clancon. We did have some issues, which they came back and rectified. They were good to deal with, they came out to have a look and a chat, they had good ideas and solutions. They came recommended to us by neighbours but they were also the cheapest of three tenderers, this was about five years ago.

For some stuff they recommended other companies who we dealt with directly, rather than Clancon bringing them in as subcontractors. For the kitchen fitout we used Grand Designs. I think we visited Margaret once in her office to design everything, she came here once to measure up, she made everything in the factory and then the installers came and put it all in in one or two days. Really easy, as I recall it, and the quality of the work is great.

We didn't get Clancon to install flooring, so I can't speak to that. They put down a temporary OSB subfloor that we lived with for a while.

That's brilliant. Thanks Jen, we're starting to look into this stuff now so it's good to get the names of companies

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
If you do a fair bit of cooking then I highly recommend reading this book, and doing a lot of thinking about it, before you get your kitchen redone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Design-Cooking-Donald-Silvers/dp/0932767095/

We lived in a lot of shit flats with shit kitchens, so knew what we didn't want, but we didn't know what we needed until we read that book. Our kitchen is so much nicer to work in than any place I ever lived (and also looks fabulous, fwiw, but that's Mrs. egg_'s eye for colour rather than the book)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
If you do a fair bit of cooking then I highly recommend reading this book, and doing a lot of thinking about it, before you get your kitchen redone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Design-Cooking-Donald-Silvers/dp/0932767095/

We lived in a lot of shit flats with shit kitchens, so knew what we didn't want, but we didn't know what we needed until we read that book. Our kitchen is so much nicer to work in than any place I ever lived (and also looks fabulous, fwiw, but that's Mrs. egg_'s eye for colour rather than the book)

Sound, thank you. It'll be good to get a read of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads