Home improvement (1 Viewer)

i've finally exposed the last bit of wallpaper left in the house. it was behind a bookshelf screwed to the wall which we'd left in situ since we moved here.

PXL_20240228_143836843a.jpg

Okay, this is what I’m working with. I need to take down some of the holly around the shed doors. The dog house is not used but sitting on top of an opening for a fountain. I’m planning on a small fence or small brick/stone wall to section off bushes but after that, I think all concrete would be best with coloured potted flowers and furniture. The “grass” or mud pit, as I call it, is just a nuisance. Go at it hive mind.

Also clothes line down. There is a path along the right out to the front drive already concrete. We are the last house so over the wall on right is a road, so possible to hose over concrete? A person and wheelbarrow would defo fit along path.
Looks like a job for Posh Gravel. Easier than concrete and if you don't go too posh it can be cheap. Still allows for drainage.

Looks like a job for Posh Gravel. Easier than concrete and if you don't go too posh it can be cheap. Still allows for drainage.
I'm liking this idea. I also like the idea of decking but worry about upkeep and slipping on wet wood. Plus, unknowingly building rat housing. Not that I've seen a rat but raised decking makes me worry.

Our en-suite bathroom fan is really struggling to clear the moisture and we’re getting a lot of mould. Now it’s dripping water back out of the fan. I went up to the attic and found that the lads who installed it used uninsulated flexi-duct which is now absolutely full of condensed water. Cowboys Ted!

IMG_9785.jpeg

Can anyone recommend a painter in Dublin. Just need a room or two painted.
I can do this, but I'm not around when it needs to happen.
Top rates paid for top work etc.

I know @GO is a brother of the brush, just not sure how he feels about crossing the streams.

for anyone living on the northside, i've just found a new (to me) place with a good range of power tools and accessories, power tool repair services in finglas. they have every single router bit you could possibl conceive of, and all sorts of pro level tools.
they claim to have fixed the circular saw i brought in for them to look at, for free, but i think it was a 'this is about as much work as this tool warrants' sort of quick check.

Has anyone ever painted tile? If so, how did it look? I know they have special paint for it but curious how it looks.
It can be done but it's a brutal process
And I don't think it ever looks right

Hiring a tiler to replace what's there is the way to go.
The hardest part of this is finding a tiler.

It can be done but it's a brutal process
And I don't think it ever looks right

Hiring a tiler to replace what's there is the way to go.
The hardest part of this is finding a tiler.

That or you can get tile shaped stickers and stick em on every tile for a fresh look. Bit of work but probably cheaper than new tiles. Though paint is probably the cheapest option

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back