Home improvement (2 Viewers)

This is why women hate men. “Anyone got any experience of the thing I’ve decided to do?”

“Naaah you don’t want to do that…”

*double checks own post.

I think people were giving ideas, rather than mansplaining. We've all had experience of it going wrong before.

Need to see pics really. With the info I had I think my post was not terrible. Obviously it wasn't great, but it was never going to be.

This is why women hate men. “Anyone got any experience of the thing I’ve decided to do?”

“Naaah you don’t want to do that…”

I think it's more than this.

They have a lot of people working on this issue. I am pretty sure the list is pretty long.

list GIF

concrete is charged in cubic M the last i checked, and has different depths for different uses and different variables to contend with.

Like concrete that trucks will be on is something like 14-15 cm deep with RF bars and concrete to walk or put stuff on would be thinner but you migh need to dig the whole thing down 120mm to accomodate the gravel underpinning stuff - and drainage has to be considered too,

The other thing they might charge for is access - is there a back gate a truck can reach, or are we into wheelbarrows and laying plastics through the house for a few days?

Whats most profitable to them is to drive a truck up to something, dump concrete, drive away.

It's a bit a of a how long is a piece of string question without an idea of what methods are gonna be used.
I've done a few m2 myself and it's really tough work - if you go that road 100% rent an electric mixer and expect to take painkiller for two days.

another question is how accessible your back garden is. is there access from the back, or a laneway to it?

worst case scenario is there's no access to the back garden and having to truck concrete through the house...

Okay, this is what I’m working with. I need to take down some of the holly around the shed doors. The dog house is not used but sitting on top of an opening for a fountain. I’m planning on a small fence or small brick/stone wall to section off bushes but after that, I think all concrete would be best with coloured potted flowers and furniture. The “grass” or mud pit, as I call it, is just a nuisance. Go at it hive mind.

Also clothes line down. There is a path along the right out to the front drive already concrete. We are the last house so over the wall on right is a road, so possible to hose over concrete? A person and wheelbarrow would defo fit along path.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpeg
    IMG_0095.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0097.jpeg
    IMG_0097.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 0
Is there a burst\leaking water feed to the fountain by any chance?
It doesn't look like it's draining at all.
concrete can come over walls though the pumping machine might be too expensive, it's usually used for massive projects. Footpath is probably your friend.
Could be good to sorta remap that raised kerb detail on the left to frame the space and have the bushes and stuff slightly raised as you were saying.
I don't know about your fountain though - thats a lot of water right where the water pipe for it might be if it was fed.

For the sake of clarity, are you saying there is a feed for a fountain, or there is a feed for a fountain AND you are planning on having a fountain?

Otherwise it's all good ideas from everyone.

It looks a lot worse than I first imagined, so thanks for the pics. Not to lean too much into stereotypes, but I would be inclined to dig trench for drainage.

I don’t want the fountain. It’s turned off and don’t think it’s leaking. The “grass” is like heavy clay. The conservatory was covered in mud from dogs. Head wreaking stuff. I need to figure out drainage but it’s pointless grass imho. In the summer it’s wall to wall green and blooms.

If there's a feed for a fountain, there should be a dedicated shutoff for it

This looks like way too much hardscape, too little grass

Okay, this is what I’m working with. I need to take down some of the holly around the shed doors. The dog house is not used but sitting on top of an opening for a fountain. I’m planning on a small fence or small brick/stone wall to section off bushes but after that, I think all concrete would be best with coloured potted flowers and furniture. The “grass” or mud pit, as I call it, is just a nuisance. Go at it hive mind.

Also clothes line down. There is a path along the right out to the front drive already concrete. We are the last house so over the wall on right is a road, so possible to hose over concrete? A person and wheelbarrow would defo fit along path.

Yeah I'm going to stick with my original suggestion of installing a slightly raised deck. Like 5 inches.
You'd have to clear out and level underneath but not a massive job and then easy to maintain

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back