Home improvement (2 Viewers)

I need to concrete my back garden. It’s not a large space but the tiny bit of grass becomes mud when it rains. Anyone know how costly that is with some kind of drainage? I’m guessing here roughly 25ft x 25ft?

People always underestimate curing times. And I've been left looking like a workshy shite more than once because I used what they gave me, and what they gave me didn't cure quick enough for them. Eventhoughitlooksfine!

I need to concrete my back garden. It’s not a large space but the tiny bit of grass becomes mud when it rains. Anyone know how costly that is with some kind of drainage? I’m guessing here roughly 25ft x 25ft?

That's a fair bit of concrete. Maybe 8 cubic yards or more.

If it's a space you like to spend time in, you could consider paving it. This is something someone could do themselves at the weekend.

You could also consider installing some plastic grids like these
They will allow you to walk on them even when it is very wet and muddy
They look better than concrete, I think
1708698196612.png

You could also consider digging like a 3' wide trench in the grass, and filling it with stones (wrapped in soil fabric)
It will naturally drain the soil, and give you a nice stone verge.

would you like to keep it as grass if you could? might just be shit drainage, which might be cheaper to fix than concreting it.
The entirety of the garden walls are green with climbing plants. I feel there is enough green and I can add colour with potted flowers. I also have a dog so when it rains his white fur is covered in mud. I like the idea of being able to power wash it down and have room for different areas and maybe some raised beds of herbs or vege, well if I can get rid of my snail issues. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.

If it's a space you like to spend time in, you could consider paving it. This is something someone could do themselves at the weekend.

View attachment 18216

You could also consider digging like a 3' wide trench in the grass, and filling it with stones (wrapped in soil fabric)
I like those and looked at them but I wonder about dog poo.

View attachment 18216

Those plastic things do get splashy. and they move.

Your other idea I like though. Did something similar in the back of the back field with the aul lad many years ago. It sorta worked, but that was a big field, I can see it working here.

I think it would be a shame to concrete a garden. If nothing else, the water still has to go somewhere.

Drainage depends very much on what the soil is like. We have soil with a very high clay content, and despite having drains all over the place it still turns to liquid mud if you walk on it when it's wet. I once pulled a tree stake out of the ground and it was filled with water despite being less than 50cm from a drain

Nothing on earth can stop a snail.
If you opened fort Knox right now there'd be a fucking snail waving it's eyes at you

we gave up trying to deal with them more humanely (well more slugs than snails) last year and bought some of this

I wasn't concreting because of the snails, just saying I would have raised beds if I could figure it out. I should mention, most of it is already concreted just in three different ways. I'll take a photo, there really is no grass to save, it's a mud pit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back