Home improvement (2 Viewers)

What is the best way to boost the water pressure/flow in an upstairs shower (not electric), gravity fed I assume

Any advice?

What is the best way to boost the water pressure/flow in an upstairs shower (not electric), gravity fed I assume

Any advice?

Might check those out myself. We’ve had a pump in the hot press for years and I kind of hate it. New plumbing job in an upstairs bathroom used bigger pipes (?) and there wasn’t enough pressure in the system to feed the shower.

Problem is it can only be turned on and off from the hot press and once it’s on, it’s on everywhere in the house and also it’s a bit noisy. I stuck a wifi switch on it that’s controlled by a Zigbee button beside the shower so now it’s much more convenient for the kids to not press that when they’re finished, instead of not going to the hot press to turn it off.

Any advice?

Replace or have a pump installed

We have a pump in the attic. Works great.
It clicks on any time the water is on. Have it sitting on a bunch of sound isolation pads on the joists so you can barely hear it.

Aren't there some people here into woodwork? Maybe @magicbastarder ? Our elm tree that fell down is now all sawn up and ready for conversion to firewood/woodchips ... but before I start splitting it - maybe it'd be nice to turn some of into a few nice bowls, or chopping boards or something. Anyone know how to go about finding someone to do that for me (or who'd give me a price)?

also, beware that wood needs seasoning, so it could be a year or two before you'd get a finished bowl. IIRC you're out slane direction? one of the best known turners in the country is near there; Seamus Cassidy. he's based in Beauparc.

I know a lad in Athy that's a master wood turner, if it ever comes to it

I've never done it, but have watched a zillion Youtubes of stuff being made, so I am basically an expert myself

It'll be a week or two before this gets finished properly; in the end the design was pared down to 'as many spices as can fit in that space'.

This is the unassembled, unpainted mid build test fit. There will be bits to stop all the spices waterfalling onto the floor every two days, this was just a sanity check.

View attachment 18072
IMG_20240131_102011.jpg

It's not exactly a show pony but I wanted to get the max number of spices into a place that wasn't digging through the same shelf over and over. With all my batch cooking craic going on i can be involving a fair few. Went with the smaller jars for more on display. The unfinished looking bits are poplar from the garden with furniture wax. The press does open fully.

we're nearing the end of our house renovation. Downstairs all done apart from changing a few lights. Thats a complete conversion of garage and attached shed to a fully insulated office and utility room, new kitchen, new oil burner, new windows and doors throughout the house, new floors everywhere (carpet going in today). Addition of a second bathroom downstairs, widened the driveway, and built an additional wall in the garden to enclose the bins and keep them hidden from view from the garden (its a big garden).

all thats left is the upstairs bathroom. Plumbing is all done, new plasterboard walls and floorboards gone in. Just need the tiler to come and do his bit. Then the plumber will come back and connect everything and we'll be all done.

In the meantime we have no heating upstairs because the radiator is removed from the bathroom, but we'll get by with electric radiators.

Its nearly fuckin killed me and I'll be broke, but we'll have a lovely gaff to live in, mortgage free, all due to moving from Dublin to the Sticks. Best decision I think we ever made.

I've taken the main bedroom door off the hinges to paint it. My wife is unable to sleep in a room with a door wide open so she has to use the spare bed.
i was thinking that the door that was on the master bed is obviously different - lighter and i guess cheaper - than the other doors i'd been working on. and also, the part of the door frame which takes what i think is called the striker or bolt plate, has clearly been rebuilt.

it was only as i was dozing off to sleep last night that the possible link to one of the previous occupants struck me. the father in a family who lived here many years ago was an abusive alcholic. an uncle of one of his sons sent that son off to boarding school to protect him.

Got some reclaimed counter top from salvage today for a big workshop upgrade, which also opens the door for a few home projects I don't quite have the tooling for.
Might get stage one of four done tomorrow

Got some reclaimed counter top from salvage today for a big workshop upgrade, which also opens the door for a few home projects I don't quite have the tooling for.
Might get stage one of four done tomorrow

First bit - stripped out the shelves here and turned it into another workstation.
the worktop doubles the depth so there's no less storage space. Didn't wire up the sockets yet and i'll sort out that sag in the shelves at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_20240204_113844.jpg
    IMG_20240204_113844.jpg
    885.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240204_152534.jpg
    IMG_20240204_152534.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back