No Country For Old Men (1 Viewer)

Sounds very promising.
I found the novel very enjoyable and I believe the bruvvaz Coen have really captured the sparse dialogue and central themes of it.

Apparently there's very little music in this film which will be very odd for an American movie.

That trailer is pretty good but it suffers from that modern thing of having too much in it. It could have had half the footage and been a better trailer. They nearly explain the whole film in synopsis. That wrecks my head.

Just finished reading this last night (the most read book on thumped this year?).
Trailer looks brilliantly realised. Harrelson as Carson Wells is totally on the money.
Brolin, he hasn't been doing much,although nice everyman casting in a typical Bill Paxton part.

I'd have issues with Bardem as Chigurh, the character doesn't resemble him at all (in the book). The Chigurh in the book has intense blue eyes...but there is something undeniably evil-looking about Bardem.

One of those cases were a good book becomes a great film?

great great movie. not just a return to form for the coen brothers but a great movie period. it's very beautiful to look at, with the blackest of black humour and features a bad guy sporting one of the best hairstyles and most innovative weaponry you're ever likely to see. ten out of ten. go see it tonight.

no-county-old-men.jpg

Saw it last night and though it was amazing, all the performances are incredible, the cinematography is beautiful and I thought it was also very funny, I don't know if it was the book or the Coens screenplay but most of Tommy Lee Jones dialogue was hilarious.

Possible Spoiler

The scene at the motel with the transponder (yes I had to look up what it's official name was :p) was one of the best I've seen in years, I loved the way it's beeping acted like a score to the scene getting louder and faster as he approached the room.

enjoyed this as well, but, was watching it with someone else and neither of us caught what was said in the last scene. left mystified. going to look it up now.

I thought it was amazing, especially considering that it was the Coen brothers doing a film of a Cormac McCarthy novel. You'd think that they have a very different aesthetic, but actually they managed to completely do him justice and in fact gave the story their own particular treatment without pissing on it. And I thought the ending was magnificent - unresolved, yet resolved. The opening narrative by Tommy Lee Jones and the scene with the old fella with the cats pretty much laid out the premise of the film for me, but I didn't realise it till the very end. I love stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back