new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

That's the point, plan a isn't always going to work either so if plan b is developed more then it's going to be more effective. It will also keep the opposition guessing as to how we are going to play. I bet wenger was praying we'd play plan a last nite.

I can't help but feel that chelski owe us one at this stage even tho they're probably not as good or don't seem as together as they were in previous years

Im not sure I'd be physically capable of watching a Liverpool - Utd final.

Bring it on.

It will be the destroyer of men.

Chelsea were shite last night going on the higlights. Another war of attrition between them an Pool is on the cards. Essien missing for the first leg too.

That's the point, plan a isn't always going to work either so if plan b is developed more then it's going to be more effective. It will also keep the opposition guessing as to how we are going to play.
more bollocks. do you think man united opposition are "guessing" how they're gonna play? fuck that. trying to outsmart your opponent with the fog of war merely suggests you can't match him. and what's more the only people who are kept guessing are the players. get a formation, stick to it, and get the players to fit that formation. and let the opposition try and beat you at football, not fucking mind games.

more bollocks. do you think man united opposition are "guessing" how they're gonna play? fuck that. trying to outsmart your opponent with the fog of war merely suggests you can't match him. and what's more the only people who are kept guessing are the players. get a formation, stick to it, and get the players to fit that formation. and let the opposition try and beat you at football, not fucking mind games.

Play your best players in their best positions Bill. What're tactics Bill?

So your saying forget about the opposition and just go out and play your own game? That may be grand against mid/lower table sides but it has not and will not work against manu/chelsea/arse. How many points have we lost over the last few seasons because teams know if they sit back against us they have a good chance of holding out for a draw or nicking a win? That has been made harder this season because we have Torres but we still don't have enough variation in our play to beat the bigger sides. If we go out and play the same game every week more teams are going to cop onto it.

yeah, but don't start with plan b and then revert to plan a cos it's a crock.

i'll say this, i'd rather lose to chavski in the semi's than united in the final

oh christ...i was thinking this morning i would have preferred to lose to arsenal last night that either chelsea or man ure.

So your saying forget about the opposition and just go out and play your own game? That may be grand against mid/lower table sides but it has not and will not work against manu/chelsea/arse. How many points have we lost over the last few seasons because teams know if they sit back against us they have a good chance of holding out for a draw or nicking a win? That has been made harder this season because we have Torres but we still don't have enough variation in our play to beat the bigger sides. If we go out and play the same game every week more teams are going to cop onto it.
liverpool's performance last week was better than last night, cos the players that count, i.e. gerrard and torres, knew what the fuck they were doing. arsenal lost last night, before liverpool won. and if liverpool want to be a great team and move onto the next level then yes, they need to be able to go out against the big boys and play them. it might (it will) take a couple of class players but the core is in place. what tactics are there that the big boys can't cope with anyway? oh now, it's peter crouch. whatever shall we do? torres has been the difference for us this season, and it's nothing to do with tactic, much as gerrard match winning performances over the last few years have had nothing to do with tactic, or ronaldo's this year. or drogba's 458 goals last year, it's to do with class and the quality of player available.

liverpool's performance last week was better than last night, cos the players that count, i.e. gerrard and torres, knew what the fuck they were doing. arsenal lost last night, before liverpool won. and if liverpool want to be a great team and move onto the next level then yes, they need to be able to go out against the big boys and play them. it might (it will) take a couple of class players but the core is in place. what tactics are there that the big boys can't cope with anyway? oh now, it's peter crouch. whatever shall we do? torres has been the difference for us this season, and it's nothing to do with tactic, much as gerrard match winning performances over the last few years have had nothing to do with tactic, or ronaldo's this year. or drogba's 458 goals last year, it's to do with class and the quality of player available.

Ok I agree with all of that. My point is that we lack variation when these star player don't perform. If Gerrard or Torres were to lose form or get a serious injury (god forbid) the team would not be able to cope because at the moment it's all built around them. If Ronaldo was missing for four months with an injury utd would still be able to cope because they can adjust their team and their play a lot easier than we can. I suppose adding another few players of the quality of Gerrard and Torres would solve a lot of problems but I just can not see that happening to be honest. That why I think we should be getting more out of the likes of Crouch, I'd also like to see a Babel/Torres front two at some stage next season.

Ok I agree with all of that. My point is that we lack variation when these star player don't perform. If Gerrard or Torres were to lose form or get a serious injury (god forbid) the team would not be able to cope because at the moment it's all built around them. If Ronaldo was missing for four months with an injury utd would still be able to cope because they can adjust their team and their play a lot easier than we can. I suppose adding another few players of the quality of Gerrard and Torres would solve a lot of problems but I just can not see that happening to be honest. That why I think we should be getting more out of the likes of Crouch, I'd also like to see a Babel/Torres front two at some stage next season.
yeah i know, we need to throw money at some other quality footballers.... crouch, great lad, but he's not good enough for 40 games a season in a liverpool shirt. last night he was pretty ineffective. if we had two class strikers, say (for example only) david villa or klaas huntelaar we could go with two up front, or rotate the lone striker... cos although he's hit on a good formation and good use of his principle assets this season, they can't play every game and there is no real cover. buy buy buy rafa. buy big.

course it would have changed the tie! who knows which way the second leg would have gone. but to say that the away goal would have made all the difference for liverpool is daft. its impossible to tell how they game would have went

lets take both penos out of the games, would liverpool have still progressed ? would arsenals away goals had won it.....

bottom line is two similar peno shouts, one given and one not given have decided who got to the semis.

No they haven't. Two 90 minutes games of football have.

Arsenal have no mettle - no I take that back, they have some mettle but not enough - they were brilliant for 20 minutes but at no other point bar Walcotts run were they brilliant after that. They resorted to quick balls to Adebayor but had nothing against Skrtel and Hyypia, let alone to win the second balls.

Liverpool are not ever really brilliant (bar Torres) but they are intense, compact, disciplined and have unbeatable winning mentality in Europe. I knew mental strength would win that game, but it helped that Arsenal were "defensively naive at the back" via Senderos and Touré.

Great great game tho. Would have been gutted to go out to that goal when four people should've taken out Walcott! People so used to not having to actually knock people down that they've forgotten how to properly foul!!!!

Gilberto is past it or disinterested, waiting for his inevitably old-boys move to AC I'd say.

yeah i know, we need to throw money at some other quality footballers.... crouch, great lad, but he's not good enough for 40 games a season in a liverpool shirt. last night he was pretty ineffective. if we had two class strikers, say (for example only) david villa or klaas huntelaar we could go with two up front, or rotate the lone striker... cos although he's hit on a good formation and good use of his principle assets this season, they can't play every game and there is no real cover. buy buy buy rafa. buy big.

Crouch should pipe down about moving and settle for a squad role. He's useful in that regard. If he leaves, he'll be going somewhere he'll have zero chance of winning anything.

Huntelaar is scoring for fun again this season. Hope someone takes a punt on him this summer so we can judge him in the big time.

Crouch should pipe down about moving and settle for a squad role. He's useful in that regard. If he leaves, he'll be going somewhere he'll have zero chance of winning anything.

Huntelaar is scoring for fun again this season. Hope someone takes a punt on him this summer so we can judge him in the big time.
he's a newcastle united "legend" in the making. limited, but gutsy. a fans favourite. etc. seriously, does he think barca are coming in for him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back