new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

He means the fans, you manure fans wouldn't get it.

Super stuff last nite, it's amazing how far a will to win will get you. Rafa got the tactics spot on too I thought.
rafa's "tactics" were a fucking joke. chaning the formation that brought him 8 wins in 10 for a 442 with kuyt and gerrard as wingers? gerrard, torres, crouch ahdn't a clue what the fuck they were doing. at one point crouch and torres ran into each other. gerrard was lost and useless until babel came on and he and torres could play off one another again. when i saw that team i thought "disaster" and it was in teh first half. arsenal cut us to ribbons. 1 corner in the first half, one goal. fucking blessed. blesses also that arsenal didn't have the balls because they lack the leadership. the heads went down. better in the second half, but still, what was benitez thinking?

furthermore, any talk that the kuyt wasitapenowasn'titapeno in the first leg changed the tie is gash. i would have taken 2-1 from that game no problem. the away goal would have made all the difference. in fact, had liverpool a goal to chase, they wouldn't have started so allovertheplaceily. when arsenal scored that was edifying. they realised then what they had to do.

cracking match, but benitez was so close to fucking it all away.

THought he had a far better game last week, won more clean ball, gave away less frees it seemed.

he owned midfield for the whole 2nd half.

did you see him after walcott? didnt make but holy fuck he came from nowhere and almost got there...with his tiny little steps. bless him.

he owned midfield for the whole 2nd half.

did you see him after walcott? didnt make but holy fuck he came from nowhere and almost got there...with his tiny little steps. bless him.

He owned the midfield except when he got beat and we scored? Is that what you're saying?

He had a really good 90 minutes last week.

furthermore, any talk that the kuyt wasitapenowasn'titapeno in the first leg changed the tie is gash. i would have taken 2-1 from that game no problem. the away goal would have made all the difference. in fact, had liverpool a goal to chase, they wouldn't have started so allovertheplaceily. when arsenal scored that was edifying. they realised then what they had to do.

course it would have changed the tie! who knows which way the second leg would have gone. but to say that the away goal would have made all the difference for liverpool is daft. its impossible to tell how they game would have went

lets take both penos out of the games, would liverpool have still progressed ? would arsenals away goals had won it.....

bottom line is two similar peno shouts, one given and one not given have decided who got to the semis.

course it would have changed the tie! who knows which way the second leg would have gone. but to say that the away goal would have made all the difference for liverpool is daft. its impossible to tell how they game would have went

lets take both penos out of the games, would liverpool have still progressed ? would arsenals away goals had won it.....

bottom line is two similar peno shouts, one given and one not given have decided who got to the semis.
bollocks, if the best arsenal can do after failing to beat liverpool in their own backyard is bemoan the awarding of peno or not (which happens every fuckin game) then there's something wrong with arsenal. and moaning about the ref is papering over the cracks. if liverpool had started that game needing to score, it would have been a very different game. very different.

Istanbul first half all over again. Lunatic. There's no point in trying to bamboozle your opponent if you're bamboozling you own team in the process.

Kuyt and Gerrard are shit wingers, torres didn't seem to have any clue where he was supposed to be, Carragher and kuyt as an offensive right prong? Jeesus Christ.

Great game but.

rafa's "tactics" were a fucking joke. chaning the formation that brought him 8 wins in 10 for a 442 with kuyt and gerrard as wingers? gerrard, torres, crouch ahdn't a clue what the fuck they were doing. at one point crouch and torres ran into each other. gerrard was lost and useless until babel came on and he and torres could play off one another again. when i saw that team i thought "disaster" and it was in teh first half. arsenal cut us to ribbons. 1 corner in the first half, one goal. fucking blessed. blesses also that arsenal didn't have the balls because they lack the leadership. the heads went down. better in the second half, but still, what was benitez thinking?

cracking match, but benitez was so close to fucking it all away.

Istanbul first half all over again. Lunatic. There's no point in trying to bamboozle your opponent if you're bamboozling you own team in the process.

Kuyt and Gerrard are shit wingers, torres didn't seem to have any clue where he was supposed to be, Carragher and kuyt as an offensive right prong? Jeesus Christ.

Great game but.
that's what happens when benitez tries to "attack". he hasn't a clue, god love him, but it makes for great entertainment.

it'll be interesting (and harrowing) if rafa needs to chase a result in stamford bridge, rather than sit on a lead. we'll see his tactical nous exposed then.

i was tearing my hair out. gerrard was never going to stay on the left wing, we were completely exposed for the first goal, and did fuck all with the ball when we finally started to keep it. but after that we were bossing them, and the old route one paid off with torres' goal. for a while i thought we were going to be mauled, but sure didn't it all work out in the end.

why not play babel and torres together up front? and why not stick a winger on the right wing? rafa moves in mysterious ways.

i was tearing my hair out. gerrard was never going to stay on the left wing, we were completely exposed for the first goal, and did fuck all with the ball when we finally started to keep it. but after that we were bossing them, and the old route one paid off with torres' goal. for a while i thought we were going to be mauled, but sure didn't it all work out in the end.

why not play babel and torres together up front? and why not stick a winger on the right wing? rafa moves in mysterious ways.
amazing that we won, after arsenal undressed us so often in the first half, and gerrad was missing and torres was isolated or marginalised on the wing. tactics, awful. but the willingness to go on and the belief they have, the noise from the crowd. it's fucking extraordinary. if only they could play like that week in, week out.

arsenal, god luv em, they just weren't good enough, inna final analysis. great talent, etc, but as a team, missing some steel in the middle, missing a leader. missing some experience. wenger needed to buy in january in order to keep that momentum going. they'd still be top of the table if he'd brought in some players. mind you, they still wouldn't have won at anfield. chelsea lack a soul this year too.

rafa has improved. of his (one of) achilles heel, the inability to get points of the top four, he's unbeaten against arse and chelski, and did the double over everton. improvements, for sure. and of course, hes not afraid to buy. which he'll have to do.

Kyut on the wing is like watching a young Niall Quinn playing at left back. I'd love to have a look through Benitez magic glasses and see what he sees when he's watching Kyut.

Still though. Woop! Where's Janer?

Ok maybe he didn't get the tactics spot on but I think he got it right playing two up front. If we had gone with the same set up as last week we would have ended up sitting way too deep and Torres would have been totally isolated. I think the lack of understanding with Crouch is because they've played so little together, there's loads of potential for them to become a great partnership but for that to happen and still have a balanced midfield Gerrard would have to play on the right.

As the game went on Torres started to drop wide and done well out there because he can actually beat his man. Also his goal came from a Crouch flick on. Bringing Babel off the bench makes more sense too, he didn't have any impact last week.

Ok maybe he didn't get the tactics spot on but I think he got it right playing two up front. If we had gone with the same set up as last week we would have ended up sitting way too deep and Torres would have been totally isolated. I think the lack of understanding with Crouch is because they've played so little together, there's loads of potential for them to become a great partnership but for that to happen and still have a balanced midfield Gerrard would have to play on the right.

As the game went on Torres started to drop wide and done well out there because he can actually beat his man. Also his goal came from a Crouch flick on. Bringing Babel off the bench makes more sense too, he didn't have any impact last week.

fuck all that...torres up front, gerrard behind...thats the way to play.

We need to be able to play more than one formation, we can't rely on a bit of Torres magic every time we come up against one of the better defences i.e. manu, where he hardly got a kick of the ball in two games. The fact is that Crouch is as effective against the bigger teams because he's so hard to handle. I agree that 4231 is our best formation but we need to develop a plan b for when it's not working.

We need to be able to play more than one formation, we can't rely on a bit of Torres magic every time we come up against one of the better defences i.e. manu, where he hardly got a kick of the ball in two games. The fact is that Crouch is as effective against the bigger teams because he's so hard to handle. I agree that 4231 is our best formation but we need to develop a plan b for when it's not working.
yeah, but don't start with plan b and then revert to plan a cos it's a crock.

i'll say this, i'd rather lose to chavski in the semi's than united in the final

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back