new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Liverpool and Tottenham target Yevhen Konoplyanka, 24, is dismissed as a "headless chicken" by one of Ukraine's all-time greats, Oleg Luzhny.

Now that we've got the actual Aiden McGeady you're signing the Ukrainian one ?

Fair play to yis. Expect heat maps centred around the corner flags after next years derby.

I don't want to cast any aspersions on Ukraine, which has been in the news of late, but it just doesn't seem like a very respectable way of doing business and it makes me wonder.

There was a story on twitter last night that Levy had been in touch, and said that Spurs would come in the summer with more money.

Still a shitty way of doing business.

If that's true it's completely mad, and definitely the right decision by Liverpool not to agree to meet whatever speculative figure was being chucked around by Spurs without any danger of them having to pay it out. But I suspect it's more likely to be the guy just not wanting to sell because he doesn't need to run his club like a business.

pity the Conny Plank deal didn't go through but dont think it gonna affect the season hugely unless injuries hit the forwards again. reckon moses still has a good few goals and assists to contribute to the rest of the season if he gets a run. sterling will be rested in the coming months here and there

by the way, whatever happened to Samed Yesil? the young german lad signed 2 years ago. there was some seriously promising talk about this guy at the time. pressume he's on loan. you'd imagine if he was gonna cut it hed be at least making the squad these days

Apparently the Konoplyanka deal was all done, player wanted to come, but the billionaire owner simply refused to sign the paperwork despite the release clause fee being met.

Yevhen Konoplyanka Liverpool FC transfer failure as Dnipro owner refuses to sign paperwork - Liverpool Echo

I don't want to cast any aspersions on Ukraine, which has been in the news of late, but it just doesn't seem like a very respectable way of doing business and it makes me wonder.

Surely that could result in some kind of legal action or something? Like, is that not the whole point of a release clause - if the valuation is met, the player has to go if they want to?

Yeah theoretically it is a breach of contract, but it's a breach of the contract between the player and his current club. Liverpool wouldn't have any rights engaged just because they offered to meet the fee. Similar to the Suarez to Arsenal thing last summer - Arsenal indicated they'd meet (what they thought was) the £40m release clause, but then it was down to Suarez as to whether or not he took action against LFC for not agreeing the sale. As it turned out, apparently whatever the clause was, it wasn't effective. But in this case it's the same situation - it would have been for the player to fight the club, which given the timing wouldnt have happened even had he wanted to.

Yesil did the ligs in last in 2012, and was expected to be out for nearly a year. I think he's training again. He could be okay, that lad. I see Kristian Nemeth was sent off the other day. Not exactly setting the world alight, that boy, despite what we thought.

Shame about the Konnyplank. Would have been nice to get a lad in, but it's not as if that's the position we need to fill right now. I'd be more upset if it were Yann M'vila we missed out on, or a quality left back. Unless Brendan has a 2-1-7 formation in mind. 19th century football!

touré, you fucking idiot.

attack wasn't up to its usual sharpness today which is absolutely understandable. one of those days you rely on defence to hold out a really shit attacking prospect. words fail me.

Big Vic Everton Legend

720x10002.jpg

Ta big lad.

He's not exactly renowned for his impartiality
For me he's like watching X factor or Jeremy Kyle, I know he's going to piss me off but I can't help but watch him piss me off. He's nothing in comparison to Ronny Whelan, If we won the quadruple he'd still maintain that it was down to Liverpool under performing rather than us doing anything right.

That's exactly what you're like!
No it's not I give credit where it's due I said you were good against City and Chelski before christmas, I said you were the better team ast week. I just said you weren't 4 goals the better which you weren't we gifted you 3 of them. On any other day it probably would have been 2-0 tops.

Anyway like I said it's a moot point defensive mistakes cost both of us in the past week as I'm sure you'll agree. Did WBA deserve a point against you yesterday ? I haven't seen it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back