new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

It's a shame that the best team in the world, i.e. Spain, have such a basket case league.

Some great entertainment over the weekend. City v MU was a decent game, no way Utd deserved to win but they just keep motoring. Respect. Can't understand how Nasri gets on the pitch these days, he was woeful.

Pool were lucky to win but nice to see a bit of luck going their way. Gerrard needs to stop with those fuckin raking passes into the corner flag though. Allen is starting to look a little shaky to me as well, losing the ball a fair bit. Lucas has settled right back in. Even Downing had a decent game. Time to get your hopes up...4 points off 4th place, decent run of games coming up....maybe even a shot at the title? ;)

Downing was muck. The man fears the ball. He makes me shake with rage.

But that win was the form of champions.

yeah, i'm finding it hard to see 15m worth of player in Allen. that link he apparently creates between defense and moving forward can surely be done by any player able to pass a ball 10 or 15 yards under minimal pressure. Jarvis just strolled passed him a couple of times at edge of the box too on a couple of dodgy occasions. downing, still rubbish. average at very best yesterday. henderson after having a good week. huge contribution yesterday when he came on. happy for him. would like to see cole do well but i'd say he might be on his way in january. rumours about a move to QPR would seem fairly plausible

johnson started the game unbelievably well. got it back again towards the end. if yer man for WH hadn't gone off with the hamstring would have been different outcome altogether. still though, great win. can't remember the last league win I watched on tv

not gonna jinx the fixtures ahead...

Diame going off changed it for the Hammers alright, but Enrique going off confused Pool lads, and it took 40 minutes for Joke Hole to get into it. A bit of fucking luck, finally.

I think Allen is the man who's supposed to make it all tick. I also think he's been doing two jobs in Lucas's absence and he looks knackered. Once Lucas settles back in, i think we'll see Joe's game take off. TO be fair to Rodgers too, he's giving those lads he doesn't rate a chance. Enrique and Henderson really upped their games. Even Joke Hole looks like might know how to kick a ball. And when they take Stewart Downing out and melt him down for glue, he can't complain.

Diame going off changed it for the Hammers alright, but Enrique going off confused Pool lads, and it took 40 minutes for Joke Hole to get into it. A bit of fucking luck, finally.

I think Allen is the man who's supposed to make it all tick. I also think he's been doing two jobs in Lucas's absence and he looks knackered. Once Lucas settles back in, i think we'll see Joe's game take off. TO be fair to Rodgers too, he's giving those lads he doesn't rate a chance. Enrique and Henderson really upped their games. Even Joke Hole looks like might know how to kick a ball. And when they take Stewart Downing out and melt him down for glue, he can't complain.

Honourable mention for Jonjo Shelvey. He looks like he's coming on in leaps and bounds. He used to be quite erratic and play like a headless chicken. He still has the odd flash of lunacy (red cards) but he looks like he'll be a commanding player and a possible replacement for Gerrard.

Honourable mention for Jonjo Shelvey. He looks like he's coming on in leaps and bounds. He used to be quite erratic and play like a headless chicken. He still has the odd flash of lunacy (red cards) but he looks like he'll be a commanding player and a possible replacement for Gerrard.

Yeah, it's easy to forget he's only 20. There's parts of his game that are a bit erratic, but he's settled in now. I don't think LFC will ever "repalce" Gerrard, but that might not be a bad thing. Be better to have a few players who can do stuff, get goals from midfield, deliever a a dead ball, pick out a defence splitting pass, than just one. Gerrard looked a better player when he was surrounded by other class players, Torres, Masch, Alonso. Hopefully we're building something like that again.

BR's come out saying we are aiming for 2nd this season, we're sure to lose now. I agree Allen looks a bit knackered. Hector's correct, the rhetoric was that his game would change when Lucas comes back, but he's just not getting into games at the minute.

Interestingly at WHU I thought liverpool looked much more coherent when attacking without Suarez. It'll always be the same debate about him (on the pitch anyway). For all that he offers us, he also manages to waste a lot in his determination to get to the goal. I wouldn't advocate selling him at all, but if the price was right and the alternatives suitably appealling....

On the subject of which, the Sturridge and Ince rumours seem to have moved into the realms of 'all but done' deals. I'm not sure about Sturridge. Can we really accommodate two tricky strikers who'll over-complicate things as often as they'll score? Or can BR give Sturridge a bit of a steer and turn him into a proper number 9? On balance though he's the best going at the moment in our price range.

I still think Llorente would be the dream. I am sad to see the Bielsa dream falling apart but there are one or two potential superstars in that team and Llorente is the best. That said, it's interesting to see how badly they've done so far in Spain this year. Someone made the point recently, I think Jonathan Wilson maybe, that Bielsa and to an extent Klopp build teams that are so dynamic, so strong collectively, so fit and so aggressively drilled that when the star players leave, they don't seem as good as they did before. I wonder if Sahin is perhaps not as good as Madrid and Liverpool assumed on the basis of his Dortmund record.

Or can BR give Sturridge a bit of a steer and turn him into a proper number 9? On balance though he's the best going at the moment in our price range.

If the 15m fee is right then Liverpool are fucking mental, could it be said that he has progressed at all since he left city? He had a good speel at Bolton on loan but he's been atrocious for a year and a half.

Phil Thompson didn't enjoy the third Villa goal that's for sure !!

xLtSI.gif

If the 15m fee is right then Liverpool are fucking mental, could it be said that he has progressed at all since he left city? He had a good speel at Bolton on loan but he's been atrocious for a year and a half.

Why are Liverpool incapable of buying from outside the PL at the moment ? £15 mil could get you a few Miralles or Pienaars or Jelavics it boggles the mind.

Sturridge showed he had quality at Bolton. Thing is, it's hard to judge a player at Chelsea, it's a fucked up place.

Yeah, I think Sturridge would be a good buy but not for anything more than 10 mil. He showed what he can do at Bolton and just underperforms at Chelsea where he is well down the pecking order. I'd say he's the kind of guy who flourishes in an environment where he feels important/needed.

Shocking result at the weekend, I had Suarez as captain of my fantasy football team, fully expecting a 3-4 goal win. One can only hope it was a blip on the radar. I want to see more of Sahin and Suso...particularly Suso.

Looks to be a banker for a fee of £12 million. A little overpriced really but he could work out to be great value.

I think he is an average player, a terrible finisher an a diving prick. Oh he comes across as a complete twat as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back