new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

hopefully. i can't take another season of seeing him start and do absolutely nothing

maybe he could be a bit of a davy fairclough (yeah, right)

Downing has always been shit. I suppose we shouldn't take it personally. I think Kenny Dalglish should pay him to clean out the kennels and act as his caddy. He owes it to us.

Word on Sky Sports is that Fulham have complained to the league about Liverpool's pursuit of Dempsey. That's a pretty good sign that he's on the way.

20mins in to this hearts tie. pool haven't threatened their goal once(apart from that daisy cutter from charrie adam).

thought this bunch second string players would do a bit better. utter shite so far, in all parts of the pitch

Were Hearts better than I expected or ?

I saw most of the first half. Hearts were decent but Liverpool were at an unfair disadvantage from kick off. Charlie Adam couldn't lift a foot, Shelvey had traingles for boots and they were down to 10 men because Henderson started.

think hearts were pretty much what everyone would expect from a smaller club with a full house in a cup tie. they weren't bad by any means. reina was tested well a small few times.

if anything, pool just weren't really at it. first half anyway. did improve in second half. borini missed a sitter just before half time.

can see a few goals being handed to opposition this year due to this finding a man rather than hoofing it from the back. few close calls last night once hearts started chasing down ball aggressively

What a mixed bag that was. Outplayed the champions, handed them a draw. Interesting. I was expecting a shoeing after last saturday. To be frustrated we didn't win comfortably is a bit of a bonus, really. Brave choices by BR paid off. Hard to be annoyed at Skrtl cos he'd had a massive game up to that point, but jesus it unfolded in slow motion. That's the philosophy now. Always pass. It's commendable, but should always be tempered with common sense. Pep Reina thinks he's a sweeper now. He had more touches than half the city team. Allen looks class, you know, for a midget.

Shelvey played alright too, but what does this say about Henderson? Some talk about Sunderland wanting him back on loan. Can't see that happening. I think he'll get his chance under Rodgers. Chadam, less so.

Raheem has clearly learned his lesson:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love Brendan Rodgers, he's just done a press conference in which he publicly states that Downing can stay at Liverpool - but only if he'll play as a left-back. And according to BR, Downing's agreed to it. Seeing as Sterling did more in an hour on the left wing than Downing managed in a season, this is fantastic news.

I do wonder how KD's reacting to all this. His 'project' is basically being dismantled - and it's only taking this long due to financial considerations. If money were no object one imagines BR would have shifted Carroll, Adam, Downing, and possibly Henderson out ages ago.

The City game was funny... we should have won it but at the same time the mistakes are acceptable because, unlike the last two years, they aren't signs of being shit or directionless or disorganised, but rather the opposite. Starting with Coates, Sterling, Allen, Borini, Kelly - that was a very bold and very exciting step. I'll take two dropped points any day if it is down the team learning to play better with younger, hungrier players. On the whole it is really exciting.

Hope Lucas is going to be alright. With Lucas, Allen and Sahin all players who can keep the ball and find a pass, I wonder if Gerrard is going to find himself not-always-starting when fit this season? Those three behind Suarez, Borini and Sterling... as I said, I love Brendan Rodgers.

Downing at LB...genius. Backfired tho, cos Stew thinks it's a good idea, rather than pissing off to Wigan in a huff. Shame, because he's utter shite. Coates may just turn out to be the one good player Kenny brought to the club. Yeah, yeah, Suarez. Jury is still out on him.

I think Henderson will get a chance, and i think he could flourish with the simple short game in midfield. Joe Allen is pretty fucking good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back