new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

Less than a week to go. I've got that feeling that i've been mugged by optimism, yet again. Wankers.

Less than a week to go. I've got that feeling that i've been mugged by optimism, yet again. Wankers.

Reasons to be cheerful
Agger doesn't want to play for any other team 'in England' (so why not sign a new contract then?)
We're offering Charlie Adam (ha) plus cash for Dempsey (not a young man but a great striker and intelligent with the ball, I think he'd add a lot to the club)
In for Sahin on loan
Potentially in for Walcott (who is a genuine pool supporter and better than Adam Johnson)

If Clint Dempsey died in a car crash on the way to his medical, his charred corpse would still be better than Charlie Adam. Fulham are welcome to him, although the statue of Jacko outside the ground is more mobile. I've never been convinced by Walcott, but it's all relative, innit? I mean, he may run very fast and then run off the pitch and out of the ground and into a cafe and order a bag of muffins and not come back for a month but he'd still be better than Downing. Nuri sahin is good in FIFA, which has been important once we stopped winning football matches in real life.

Keeping Agger would be a good coup for BR in terms of getting the fans onside. It seems it's the club who want to sell him if the price is right.

Sahin and Tello have been linked, know nothing about Sahin but Tello looks handy enough. Any deal to take Adam away would be good business although part of me wants to see him have a second chance under a new manager.

No news on a deal for Carroll so seems that will go down to the wire if it happens at all.

Sahin is a fantastic footballer, AS have been saying that Arsenal have been on the verge of taking him for weeks, you lot are Johnny come latelys to the party. Would be good for both clubs.

I don't think any club would be willing to pay what Arsenal would want for Theo, talk of him leaving has cooled the last few weeks.

Are they saying Tello on a permanent or a loan, or one of those deals that Barca struck for Romeo and Bojan, option to take him back after 3 years for x amount?

even though I would have liked adam johnson to come in as part of a potential agger deal, I was basing it on the fact that agger wanted the big bucks at city etc. following those comments by him, hope he stays now. this player with real passion for the club that rodgers has been so keen to add/keep in his squad is clearly in place already with regards to centre back.

sure 20 odd mill would be nice for a central defender. but still, the flipside of this is (injuries aside, which is a big factor but seemed okay last season) the pool could have a deadly centre pairing in himself and skertel for years to come. reports are that skertel should sign new contract this week. second part of last season was their first long stint together. if we didn't have such a shoddy midfield around then, I'm sure defensive record would have been better. even though it wasn't that bad and it wasn't that end of the pitch where the real problems were as we all know.

with regards to attracting names to the club for rest of transfer window etc. seeing suarez/skertel/agger, three big international players, sign new deals can only send out good impressions as to whats going on there. can't see walcott going there. would still like to see adam johnson poached off city. reckon the bk connection with josé could be a big factor with regards to this sahin guy. know next to nothing about him

Agger turning down all that black gold to stay with mid table, family based drama Liverpool also sends a message out. I'm not quite sure what that message is yet, but i'm working on it. SOmething to do with "fuck you manchester city". FUnny, for all that they are utter cunts, United would never buy from Liverpool or Arsenal if they could help it. Fergie doesn't like the idea that those clubs would have gotten into a player before him. City have no such qualms. Sure they've snaffled players from United.

He's a pacy fucker, as far as i know. Good price though. That came out of nowhere, didn't it?

what price was he? to be fair, out of the dozens of those 'best of' youtube clips we've seen of new players over the years (and there has been plenty) this dude seems to have something alright. nice goal haul over past 2 seasons for a winger. still though, erdivisie step up to premier league? its been a while since we've had an under the radar signing along the same successful proportions as Sami. hopefully this could be one. Man, we've seen enough crud walk in and out of the place at this stage

Agger said he wouldn't play for another club 'in England'. He's being linked with Barca. Mystery solved!

You'd think that he'd be a better fit for what Barceona need then Song is, and they don't seem to have a huge amount of cash to throw around. Javi Martinez is being allowed to leave Spain ffs, can't believe that Real or Barca wouldn't love to have him.

Agger said he wouldn't play for another club 'in England'. He's being linked with Barca. Mystery solved!

i can't see Barca parting with 20 million for a defender. Plus, they have a Pique, what they need is a new Puyol. Skrtl would make more sense. Anyway, not going to happen, they'd rather a midfielder they can stick in defence occasionally.

Bit of a strange signing, could be a little gem, someone to bring on with 20 mins left to trick around the likes of Stoke. Decent goal scoring record too. Weird how he was never on the radar. Looks like that'll end speculation about Gaston Ramirez who seems to be on the way to Southampton!!

The Ramirez deal is donw, apparently. Also, Clinton Dempsey left out of Fulham squad. Jol says he doesn't want to play for the club, so he's on his way....but where?

Still think we could shift a few out the door.

Well, lads. I've blacked out all the windows and am listening to Rachmaniov for the rest of the day. If someone wants to come around with a hammer and put me in a coma until next may, that would be great, thanks.

They are becoming the Premiership's version of comic relief.

Drum roll.

Big entrance.

Pratfall.

Guffaws from gallery.

They are becoming the Premiership's version of comic relief.

Drum roll.

Big entrance.

Pratfall.

Guffaws from gallery.

Awful start. In their defence, the second penalty was harsh. No doubt about Agger's nugde in the back so he had to go. But at 1-0 down they were still in it. It was the second penalty that did them in.

As for performances, I thought Allen looked handy. Johnson was getting on the ball, Lucas getting about and Suarez was great (even if he does need shooting practice). But my good fuck, Gerrard was woeful and DOWNING, he was vomit inducing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back