new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Sheffield is midlands no ? I guess my theory is based on the amount that have gone for a season, usually youngsters, and fucked off back to Italy. Ravenelli, Zola, Festa etc were already established pros before they left Italy. We've had quite a few Italians that came saw and left again. I think United and Liverpool have had a few too.

Sheffield is Yorkshire, Yorkshire would be North I'd say.

A month away from kick off and we could be looking at a squad with a forward line of Suarez, Borini, perhaps Dempsey and Bellamy (and A.Youngster as back up). Cole is back in contention for a midfield birth alongside Gerrard, Lucas (maybe the mythical Aquilani) and the so far underwhelming Buy British Brigade. Interesting...

Most of those lads were nearing past it, or very much past it. The flip side is young Giuseppe Rossi at man u. Terrific player.....now.

Yeah that's kind of what I mean, "Hey young Italian lad you need a bit of toughening go play in England, then when you want to play the ball to feet come home" seems to be how Italians deal with the PL.

All the talk of Dempsey makes it look a certainty, just a matter of how much. He'd be a decent signing but flies in the face of the 'youth policy' a little. In fact, for a guy nearing 30 with only 12 months left on his contract, the reputed 10 mil is pretty expensive.

If they land him that still leaves the need for a tricky, creative winger. Afellay would be a decent signing and I reckon he'd be obtainable for a decent price. A rebirth for Downing and Cole would really give the squad a boost. Surely Adams is surplus to requirements and would command a tidy sum from a mid-table team?

We have a youth policy it's called having a decent academy. Nothing wrong with spending money on proven talent. I've always liked Dempsey you should get him and remember he's 1/3 the price of Carroll.

Adams is looking like an over priced Darron Gibson now. Chuckle!!

(who by the way I still think could be a success at liverpool)

Kick off for BR's first game in charge in 9.00pm tonight in case you didn't know. Find it on the interwebs. I think it's versus the Canadian Mounties.

interesting to see rodgers used two different teams in each half.

didnt see the game but heard pacheco and sterling did well but that it was a dour enough afair.

still nothing concrete on dempsey and for a 29 yr old 10m or so is a bit much imo.

hoping cole and aqualani get a decent chance this season as im sure lucas and gerrard will be starting in the middle. hoping we hold onto bellamy too.

rumours of £15m for Allen are back on. i'd assume he and lucas would sit in the middle of the pitch controlling play and setting the tempo. it'll be interesting to see how gerrard fits in if aqualani gets a game. gerrard, cole, suarez playing just behind a fast striker like borini might be exciting.

rumours of £15m for Allen are back on.

Classy midfeilder in his early to mid 20's* with one decent season of premier league football behind him. If it goes wrong he could be the new Charlie Adam*.

* ONLY 26!!! He'll look like the fucking cryptkeeper by the time he's 40, only much fatter probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back