new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

if you Google : ' Northern Irish Liverpool Players ', a thread comes up on redandwhitekop.com.

i only knew Elisha Scott and remember Jim Magilton playing for the reserves in the Eighties, but apparently the last N.I.
player to turn out for Liverpool was Sammy Smyth in the mid Fifties.

someone also mentions a goalkeeper called Paul Willis was on the books 'a few years ago'.

i think Rodgers needed one or two years more PL experience to be considered.

i haven't posted on this thread for a couple years, so i want to say how upset i still am about Suarez and Dalglish's handling of the Evra episode.
i felt no option but send letters to Anfield to heavily criticize Dalglish and to Old Trafford to express my shame for what Evra endured. and Ferguson was excellent throughout.
sorry to drag this up again but i can hardly bothered watching them anymore. this will hurt for a longtime.

i wrote the letters mostly to come to terms with my own feelings and i'm not sure if i put my full address on them so no replies.
i can't believe how wrongly they mishandled this it couldn't have been worse really. if Suarez had just apologized quickly you could move on.
I felt really let down by Kenny and didn't take it lightly saying that to the club - i didn't feel good having to do it.
also praising Ferguson in a letter to MUFC had to be done because he was right.
i'd feel a lot worse hadn't let them know how i felt.
Suarez no matter how good is needs to go so a line can be drawn under this.
i should have said this here back them.

yeah fully agreed. it was like some horrible nightmare. i think a lot of LFC supporters are still of the opposite view and are only feeling depressed about the club now that they've sacked kenny for a no-mark, which is the total opposite to how i feel about it. it's always going to be divisive.

Right, so we start away to West Brom and other than a trip to Sunderland on the 15th, the run looks like this

[h=2]Saturday 25 August 2012[/h]Liverpool v Manchester City

[h=2]Saturday 1 September 2012[/h]Liverpool v Arsenal

[h=2]Saturday 22 September 2012[/h]Liverpool v Manchester United

Over to you Brendan.

yeah, that's a humdinger, alright. Still, that young lad Gerrard for Ingerland looks good. And the Carroll lad, he looks like should be playing in black and white with massive shorts on, before having his promising career as an inside-centre-forward-half cut short by the start of world war two. Not to mention the added bonus of finally having no Dutch players at the club. Phew.

might as well fire this thread up for the 10 months ahead. so that sygirdsson lad has gone to Spurs. Did the pool miss out on much there? didn't pay much attention myself to him last year

any strong transfer rumours knocking around? syg was the only solid one so far this summer. Apparently Adam Johnson is having talks with mancini this week. would love to see the pool go for him.

Can't be too many arriving, not a whole lot to spend. I reckon Cole could have a good chance at showing what hes capable of this season. Seems to be the type of player Rodgers would be into. would love to see downing shipped off. not gonna happen. aquaman back for the season? maybe?

as always, in true blind optimism, I think top 4 is achievable. Very optimistic that they will haul in a lot more points this year i.e. actually starting winning a home regularly again

I don't know if Liverpool even made a bid for Gylfi?? He basically plays in Gerrard's role, so he probably fancied his chances at Spurs. I haven't heard anything concrete so far, but i think i might prefer that to the scattergun approach that was going on this time last year.

Agreed. BR keepin the powder dry and the prices down is a blessed relief. Sigurdsson apparently couldn't agree 'personal terms' with the club. Ie was probably lookin for a bigger salary than he's worth. Spurs have no qualms about that sort of thing.

A top four finish this season would be a remarkable achievement for BR's first term in charge. It would mean fairly consistent performances throughout the year and a very solid home record. I reckon it'll take a while for Rodger's philosophy and style to bed in (if at all) so I think top 4 is a bridge too far this season. You have to think Utd, City and Chelsea have those positions nailed on this year so it'll be down to the Arse and Spurs.

I think the best pool fans can hope for is for a couple of shrewd signings, some high scoring victories and an improvement in the likes on Carroll, Downing, Henderson and the blooding of Coates, Sterling etc.

I think BR's philosophy, if we can continue to butcher the word, involves passing it short, and keeping it. He has footballers in that squad. Crucially he has a system. Players willl have defined roles. Under Kenny they didn't really and under Woy they reckoned they were better than that 442 kick and rush shit. It would be closer to Rafa's vision, but less reactive. I'm looking forward to hogging the ball and boring the fuck out of everyone. It'll be like the 80's again.

What do you reckon to selling Carroll ? Making a loss too by the looks of things. I thought he looked okay towards the end of the season. In terms of the hogging the ball philosophy is BR not selling the only workable plan B by getting rid of Carroll ?

What do you reckon to selling Carroll ? Making a loss too by the looks of things. I thought he looked okay towards the end of the season. In terms of the hogging the ball philosophy is BR not selling the only workable plan B by getting rid of Carroll ?

Won't miss him. Get him off the payroll and give the money to someone who doesnt mind training hard and can play a bit.

Sure didn't he use a big lunk up front for Swansea too?

All the sounds out of Anfield are that he'll be moved on, either loaned or sold, before the season starts. Given Carroll's somewhat improved form and his decent showing at the Euros I think that might be a mistake. I reckon BR should give it until the January transfer window to see what he can get out of him. New management and fresh blood can often energise a player and reform them.

On the other hand, if Rodgers is happy to see him go, it's a good indication that he has a clear plan in mind and he knows the type of player he wants around. Maybe he has heard about Carroll's suspect training commitment and decided he won't fit the mould.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back