new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Just a question, didn't the FSG get Liverpool at a bargain basement price?

I mean I know it hasn't been too profitable, but haven't they been playing with house money so to speak?

Surely Hicks & Gillette paid for Rafa.

they got the club by clearing the debt put on it by hicks and gillette. Those pair wanted 600 million, but i think they got it for 200. I can't remember exactly...wasn't it the bank that sold it in the end?

the shirt sponsorship deal is 4 times the old deal and fsg negotiated the most lucrative shirt deal in ever, so there is revenue coming in. But not if there aren't results to back it up.

they got the club by clearing the debt put on it by hicks and gillette. Those pair wanted 600 million, but i think they got it for 200. I can't remember exactly...wasn't it the bank that sold it in the end?

the shirt sponsorship deal is 4 times the old deal and fsg negotiated the most lucrative shirt deal in ever, so there is revenue coming in. But not if there aren't results to back it up.

I just mean the idea that they are haemorrhaging money doesn't entirely ring true.
They have spent a lot on players and some have had poor seasons. But they got the club for a song, and it was always going to be a rebuilding season in some respects. They lost a lot of fucking stupid games.
Carroll is finally starting to show some form though. I think they could be good next year.
Maybe not top 4.

I say this as someone that does not support them.

I just mean the idea that they are haemorrhaging money doesn't entirely ring true.
They have spent a lot on players and some have had poor seasons. But they got the club for a song, and it was always going to be a rebuilding season in some respects. They lost a lot of fucking stupid games.
Carroll is finally starting to show some form though. I think they could be good next year.
Maybe not top 4.

I say this as someone that does not support them.

I think they paid somewhere in the region of £220 mill for the club which probably hugely undervalued things. Arsenal for example currently have a market capitalisation of about £1 billion and even then they could be worth a bit more as they're locked in to long term and low value by today's standards shirt deals with Nike and Emirates, in 2014 when they are up for renewal that price should jump after renegotiation.

That's not strictly comparing like for like though as Arsenal have a spiffy new stadium (and debt on it that they're managing just fine) but they wouldn't have the same global fanbase and reach as Liverpool. All things considered though I think it'd be fair to say that both clubs should be worth about the same as each other.

I think they paid somewhere in the region of £220 mill for the club which probably hugely undervalued things. Arsenal for example currently have a market capitalisation of about £1 billion and even then they could be worth a bit more as they're locked in to long term and low value by today's standards shirt deals with Nike and Emirates, in 2014 when they are up for renewal that price should jump after renegotiation.

That's not strictly comparing like for like though as Arsenal have a spiffy new stadium (and debt on it that they're managing just fine) but they wouldn't have the same global fanbase and reach as Liverpool. All things considered though I think it'd be fair to say that both clubs should be worth about the same as each other.

My point exactly.

Just with facts and stuff backing it up.

why not avb?

yeah, im basing my opinion purely based on what I saw last season. which is obviously a really lazy assessment of the guy considering what was going on at chelsea with the players etc. yer man Klopp looks like the best name thrown around for it at the moment but is a pretty unrealistic target for the pool. why would he want to leave what he has built there for a completely messed up average squad. it will be martinez or avb. if push comes to shove, avb i suppose.

I like the look of Klopp, and it's a terrific name. But, he's won the double with an exceptional, really young team, who play in a stadium twice the size of anfield. His work is not yet done, and i don't think liverpool would be a step up. Unless they offered him insane money. Which would be a risk, frankly.

de boer ruled himself out too. bit embarrassing. they should probably nail down AVB at this stage.

AVB's first thing at Porto was to clear out the big names (Miereles to Liverpool funny enough) and at Chelsea he got mugged by the big names - will be interesting if he goes to LFC. Gerrard's the equivalent - and we lost a lot more matches with him in midfield last season than without. he still can't keep the ball.

I doubt he'd be silly enough to move Gerrard on with his first action (if he were to get it), especially with the experience he's just had at chelsea. And i don't think the players have as much power at LFC because there's no success to back it up. But i would expect Kyt, Bellamy and Maxi and the like would be shifted off pretty sharpish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back