new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (5 Viewers)

explains why you can't head a ball..

LAst night's Chelsea result was a disaster. I was hoping that they'd be distracted by the race for fourth, but they've fucked that up righteously. They may actually want to win this trophy, which won't suit kenny's game plan at all.

they'll be more worried about bayern now, that's their only way back to CL. Hoping Bayern hammer them and newcastle qualify instead, Cisse is pure class

I do have a perverse hope that Chelsea finish sixth (or preferably lower) in the league, but win the Champions League, just to fuck things up rightly for UEFA.
Still want Bayern to win though, obviously.

It won't fuck up anything for UEFA, cos the contingency is already in place.

But is the contingency not a specific 'if the team finishes fifth' sort of thing, in other words is only missing out by 1 place?

it is specific. If chelsea win, but come fifth, then 4th won't qualify for the CL. Doesn't really matter where they finish if they win it.

Chelsea might be screwed, what with FFP, if they don't qualify. However, no guarantee of CL foot hasn't stopped players still signing for them.

it is specific. If chelsea win, but come fifth, then 4th won't qualify for the CL. Doesn't really matter where they finish if they win it.

Chelsea might be screwed, what with FFP, if they don't qualify. However, no guarantee of CL foot hasn't stopped players still signing for them.

Yeah, so it'd be funny if they win and finish 6th, thereby forcing UEFA to rewrite their rewritten rules all over again. Well, funny for me, anyway.

Neil Mellor has retired, which is a good excuse for this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Neil Mellor has retired, which is a good excuse for this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fuck that guy, for ever and ever and ever.

Arsenal have a terrible habit of conceding the goal of their careers to otherwise no-mark shit kickers, Mellor, Danny Rose, Nayim, Bentley.

Fuck that guy, for ever and ever and ever.

Arsenal have a terrible habit of conceding the goal of their careers to otherwise no-mark shit kickers, Mellor, Danny Rose, Nayim, Bentley.

liverpool have done the same. Remember Cameron Fucking Jerome's goal at ANfield. Or Nigel Fucking De Jong this season?
Among a million others.
ANd don't get me started on how Anfield repeatedly brought out the best in visiting goalkeepers.

I hear De Jong might be available this summer....Liverpool could do worse... jesus, there i go.

Remember last season how Pool and everyone were linked with Scotty Dann and Roger Johnson? Another season on..both relegated again. Coinkydink?

Robbed from Zonal Marking's twitter feed:

He also scored in that game against Olypiakos which got liverpool out of the group stages and on to winning it. People seem to think that Gerrard's goal was so good it was worth three. So he must have a Champions LEague medal too. Him and Antonio Nunez, Scott Carson, Igor Biscan and Josemi. ANd Djimi. And Milan. Ans the rest of them.

without a doubt the worst season I can remember in my 20 odd years watching them. obviously.

Kenny to stay or go? I've done a U-turn on my opinion. was all for him getting the door around january or february but hope he gets another shot at a full season. gonna have to be some exits to improve the squad though. Hopefully if the likes of lucas, gerrard, suarez can actually play close to a full season next year we might actually be in touch of fourth spot next May. (they have barely played together since suarez joined)

would love to see adam johnson come in. Surely he wont hang around city again next season. barely featured this year and they're surley gonna build on that squad over the summer

The cons are pretty clear: He bought the wrong players, and over paid for them by quite a lot.
He bought players with no experience of a top six finish. For most of that squad, 8th represents an improvement. The table tells us no lies.
Reina was poor this season, and they missed Lucas. The decision to sell meireles looked pretty rash at that point. He was never consistent with carroll. 35 million quid dictates that you have to make him work. So you play the cunt. Kenny dicked about for 6 months, and when Carroll finally looked like his tail was up, he dropped him for the FA cup final.

Enrique dropped off,Downing and Adam were never going to be any cop, and so it proved, and Henderson is one for the future, so we'll reserve judgement. He could be great in 5 years, as could carroll or Cwatez. IF they are, swell, if not, they can still generate some funds. But bad signings and poor decisions when it came to letting people go (aqualani.....WHY?), and a real conservative streak when it came to youth meant we had a fairly thin squad. For all that Agger/Skrtl look like a really good combo, Carra looks fooked.

Also, there's no fucking tactics. None. The game plan is basically, test whether the opposition are up for it. if not, grand. if they are....ooops. This was particularly obvious at home. Opposition teams all came to Anfield reckoning they could nick something. All but 6 of them were right. 12 games at Anfield where points were dropped? That's a disaster. The game plan was a disaster. The squad was a disaster, and the way Kenny handled the suarez thing was the biggest disaster of all.

Are they going to trust him? There was NO evidence that LFC were going in the right direction at all. Are they going to give him the money he needs, after he spunked 100 million on midtable mediocrities? Are they going to accept that all that dour cunt routine after the games that tarnishes the image of the "brand" worldwide is all part of his scotch charm?

If he's given another year, it's another year of this. Martinez was linked...i dunno. I think we can forget about a quick fix and settle for a couple of seasons of steady improvement. 4th is way off. Chelsea came 6th, after all, and we can't compete with them on money, wages or existing squad. Assume they will strengthen, assume arsenal and spurs will too. Assume that the Manc lads might as well be in a different division. And then there's Newcastle and Everton. Jelavic, Cisse and Ba...35+ goals between them for a combined total of one Stewart Downing.

Utter disaster. There's no way he can stay. Liverpool have always been in thrall to history. It's time to break the ties. start again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back