new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

What about Agger?

Reports of 13 mil. I reckon this could be a shrewd sale if they can get that. Agger is a constant injury worry and they have a couple of reserves in that position e.g. Coates and Wilson. If it was a choice between letting Skrtel or Agger go i'd cash in on Agger.

Selling Agger would be awful, and we shouldn't sell ANYONE to Man City. Those pricks think the rest of the league is their feeder club now. Fuck that, they can't just come along and wave some wads under our players noses. Wankers.

Selling Agger would be awful, and we shouldn't sell ANYONE to Man City. Those pricks think the rest of the league is their feeder club now. Fuck that, they can't just come along and wave some wads under our players noses. Wankers.

I think the opposite. Take as large a fee as possible for the player and ensure he's going to be earning at least double what he had before on a nice long 5 year contract. This way City will continue to totally fuck themselves. Adebayor situation is delicious. Santa Cruz too. They are desperately trying to unload those fuckers but the fuckers, to their credit, are sitting tight saying no, you gave me a 5 year contract at £200k per week, so I think I'll just continue on that, thanks very much. FFP rules are on the way...

Agger's a great player, his goals against West Ham and Chelsea were stunners, but anyone who wants to pay over £10m for a centre back can have him.

I think Agger would be perfect for Rodger's style. Skrtl i could see moving on, and being replaced, but Agger is that rare creature, the football playing centre back. He can be one of the best in the premier league on his day. He was great in the euros too. We don't have a player like him on the books. Wilson is unproven and i like the cut of Coates' jib, but Alan Hansen he ain't. Ashley Williams did the job of moving the ball out of defence for Swansea last year. It's the first point of attack, building from the back. I'd be disappointed if he left, not least cos Kompany-Agger would be a legendary partnership, as i discovered playing FM 2005 many years ago.

I think Agger would be perfect for Rodger's style. Skrtl i could see moving on, and being replaced, but Agger is that rare creature, the football playing centre back. He can be one of the best in the premier league on his day. He was great in the euros too. We don't have a player like him on the books. Wilson is unproven and i like the cut of Coates' jib, but Alan Hansen he ain't. Ashley Williams did the job of moving the ball out of defence for Swansea last year. It's the first point of attack, building from the back. I'd be disappointed if he left, not least cos Kompany-Agger would be a legendary partnership, as i discovered playing FM 2005 many years ago.

I agree that Agger is a great player and would really do well in a possession based team. But what are we going to do, double his salary because Man City say they're interested? Force him to sit out his contract unhappily? Players want two things, money and glory. Bottom line innit?

Keep Agger, bring in a couple of strikers with very short names, that's what I'm after.

But anyway, Agger is one of your best players - why the fuck would you want to sell one of your best players?

I remember those matches. Leon Osman had a habit of getting a knee injury in them and not starting til october then playing complete gash til January. Who will it be for you lads ?

Gerrard probably.

Anyway good luck.
WIth any luck it'll be Charles Adam. Mind you, would we notice if he was playing gash?

wouldn't be too keen to let agger go. but bbc are talkign about adam johnson being part of the deal. albeit on loan. i'd take that if the price was right.

Reports of 13 mil. I reckon this could be a shrewd sale if they can get that. Agger is a constant injury worry and they have a couple of reserves in that position e.g. Coates and Wilson. If it was a choice between letting Skrtel or Agger go i'd cash in on Agger.

Seems Pool are holding out for double what of what I suggested in the previous post. That would be an amazing amount of money for a 27 year old centre half, albeit a very good one. If he could take Johnson on loan as part of the deal and maybe splash the cash on a couple of other players it would be a smart move.

Looks like Joe Allen is fairly nailed on now as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back