new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

Suarez is a fucking liability if he keeps this up. He hogs the cunting ball only to gift wrap it and leave it under the keeper's xmas tree for a treat. His finishing is N'gogian. We should have won that game 4-3. Robbie Folwer wouldn't have missed any of those chances. It's getting to be a joke. Drop Suarez back and put Borini up front. Gerrard was shocking. He gave a shit ball for the peno, and didn't check back at all. He looked bored. Lucas isn't fit, and it showed. Once he was out of puff, and latterly off the pitch, there was a huge gap there. We need a defensive midfielder, someone who will come on and break shit up and provide cover as the full backs fly up the pitch.

All the English lads looked dodgy. This always happens after a tournament. Special abuse is reserved for Downing. He's a fucking canker sore. He makes me yearn for Mark Walters.

I thought they played well, got suckered with a wonderful strike from a player who, after that, can put his slippers on for the rest of the season. But when it went tits up, there was no fight, no plan b, no real desire to put it right. they seemed to accept defeat way too easily. At least Carroll when he came on was barging into people. Whatever about his ability, he looked pissed off to be on that pitch and to be getting hammered, absolutely slaughtered, by West Fucking Brom. There was so much space out there, Laurie Cunnigham's corpse would have had a field day.

Suarez is a fucking liability if he keeps this up. He hogs the cunting ball only to gift wrap it and leave it under the keeper's xmas tree for a treat. His finishing is N'gogian. We should have won that game 4-3. Robbie Folwer wouldn't have missed any of those chances. It's getting to be a joke. Drop Suarez back and put Borini up front. Gerrard was shocking. He gave a shit ball for the peno, and didn't check back at all. He looked bored. Lucas isn't fit, and it showed. Once he was out of puff, and latterly off the pitch, there was a huge gap there. We need a defensive midfielder, someone who will come on and break shit up and provide cover as the full backs fly up the pitch.

All the English lads looked dodgy. This always happens after a tournament. Special abuse is reserved for Downing. He's a fucking canker sore. He makes me yearn for Mark Walters.

I thought they played well, got suckered with a wonderful strike from a player who, after that, can put his slippers on for the rest of the season. But when it went tits up, there was no fight, no plan b, no real desire to put it right. they seemed to accept defeat way too easily. At least Carroll when he came on was barging into people. Whatever about his ability, he looked pissed off to be on that pitch and to be getting hammered, absolutely slaughtered, by West Fucking Brom. There was so much space out there, Laurie Cunnigham's corpse would have had a field day.

Carroll got about all right but everything about the game confirmed for me that Carroll will not last under Rodgers. There is no way he can fit in with the style of play. One of the few positives from the game was that there were no long diagonal/hopeful balls from the likes of Skrtel or Carragher which were so prevalent in past seasons. Carroll feeds off of that type of shit so I reckon he has to be sold.

Agger was caught napping. no complaints about the penalty but it was never a red card and that killed the game. really poor decision.

downing's shit, suarez would be dangerous if he wasn't so fucking greedy, gerrard isn't the right kind of player for this kind of footie. but even if he wasn't old and carrying two crocked hamstrings. shifting gerrard on and finding/funding a suitable new attacking midfielder is probably what will define BR's first two seasons.

on the plus side, we completed 88% of all attempted passes in the first half, higher than in any match we played last season. i understand the blah blah blah that passes don't win games but actually, it is a good sign. the first three seasons under Rafa were fairly muck too but he forced a philosophy into effect and the next two were genius. so, yknow, square one.

Agger was caught napping. no complaints about the penalty but it was never a red card and that killed the game. really poor decision.

downing's shit, suarez would be dangerous if he wasn't so fucking greedy, gerrard isn't the right kind of player for this kind of footie. but even if he wasn't old and carrying two crocked hamstrings. shifting gerrard on and finding/funding a suitable new attacking midfielder is probably what will define BR's first two seasons.

on the plus side, we completed 88% of all attempted passes in the first half, higher than in any match we played last season. i understand the blah blah blah that passes don't win games but actually, it is a good sign. the first three seasons under Rafa were fairly muck too but he forced a philosophy into effect and the next two were genius. so, yknow, square one.
I thought the passing game in the first half was good, and they came out with intent in the second, but it fell to pieces so quickly. They missed a peno and Morison Suarezed over the bar when it was easier to score, plus Reina had some saves to make. They just capitulated.

Agger was caught out for the first peno, but what the fuck was Skrtl up to?

Carroll got about all right but everything about the game confirmed for me that Carroll will not last under Rodgers. There is no way he can fit in with the style of play. One of the few positives from the game was that there were no long diagonal/hopeful balls from the likes of Skrtel or Carragher which were so prevalent in past seasons. Carroll feeds off of that type of shit so I reckon he has to be sold.

Yeah, Carroll doesn't have the feet for it. But he has the fight. I'd rather Downing was sold. Unless there's another striker being lined up? Carroll could do a job, he could score some goals. He could be more direct than Suarez. I dunno.

Yeah, Carroll doesn't have the feet for it. But he has the fight. I'd rather Downing was sold. Unless there's another striker being lined up? Carroll could do a job, he could score some goals. He could be more direct than Suarez. I dunno.

Well, if Dempsey comes in then it's just a matter of 'how low will you go' in terms of a selling price for the ponytail.

I don't think the player was through on goal, he took the ball off agger and was shoved in the same movement. He wasn't facing goal and it a clumsy shove in the back. That was never going to be a shot on goal

I think.

I don't think the player was through on goal, he took the ball off agger and was shoved in the same movement. He wasn't facing goal and it a clumsy shove in the back. That was never going to be a shot on goal

I think.

I think you might need to watch it again. He robbed the ball from Skittles who fell over. He was through on goal with Agger to his back on the right hand side. One of the replays clearly shows Agger put his forearm to Long's shoulder. This wasn't even a question of the player anticipating contact and collapsing, deffo pen for me.

I think.

No, Agger pushed him from behind. Long only had Reina in front of him. That's an automatic red card. As long as you agree it was a penalty then you can't fault the referee for sending him off.

Yeah, i thin from one angle on the super slo-mo bears this out. however, the ref didn't have that luxury, and he could have missed it, the cunt. Had it been Rio Ferdinand, Long would have been booked for diving. Contact may even have been outside the area. I think this season, dodgy decisions will replace the woodwork as our excuse of choice.

don't worry lads. from paul tomkins piece on club site,

"As the statistician and author Graeme Riley noted on my site, Everton lost 4-1 at home to Spurs in 1985 and went on to win the league (not that Liverpool are expected to be in the running in 2012-13). It was also pointed out to me that the one side truly constructed by Brendan Rodgers actually won 5-0 away at QPR yesterday

It's also true that Bill Shankly started his tenure with a 4-0 defeat, and Pep Guardiola lost his first La Liga game in charge of Barcelona to little Numancia. So the long-term picture doesn't always reflect the start".

N'Gogian rep

am i right in thinking that liverpool won't bother going for adam johnson now seeing as though that Moroccan winger (the cheaper solution) is in? (hope i'm wrong)

seems certain he will leave City now. s'land, spurs and pool seem to be only names thrown around

The Moroccan chap looks like bench material. If Johnson came you'd think he'd be in the starting 11 regular enough.

hopefully. would be delighted with johnson signing. rumours on twitter that pool put in a bid this morn (not that that can be relied on too much)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back