new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Loathe as I am to come on here and have to keep on defend seemingly racist actions - the full facts of the matter haven't exactly come to light yet and there were plenty of rumours going that something entirely different was said - and by god I hope those rumours are true. But you're quoting the Daily Mirror for fucks sake, so why not wait until the police have commented at very least? Needless to say if the accusations made in the Guardian story are true then it would strongly suggest that it is an indirect consequence of the club's and the FA's positions over Suarez.

Secondly, if you watched the match, the Suarez song was already being sung for minutes before that, it didn't just suddenly erupt once everyone cottoned on to the fact that there might be some chance to racist in the offing. To make it seem like the entire Kop or the rest of Anfield had any idea what the fuck was going on on the pitch is simply nonsense, if you've ever been to a big stadium. Of course it'll look bad that the crowd booed Adeyemi, but for all they know he was having a whinge to the Kop and then seconds later flew recklessly into a Jon Flanagan - then he started getting the bird from the crowd.

The FA and United (though Utd less so) all should share the blame for the way this febrile atmosphere has developed along with LFC. There was a massive opportunity to learn lessons from the Suarez - Evra incident but all they did was try to score political points and incite tribalism.

I did watch the match live, and I knew what was happening before the commentator did. having been to plenty of football matches, it's my view that crowds know what's going on very quickly, and songs start up in response to shots/passes/tackles almost instantaneously. besides that, when there's a black player shouting at the ref and point to the crowd it takes about 2 second to work out what's happened. the kop was singing suarez's song but after play stopped a lot of others joined in, it became a lot louder. for what it's worth i linked the tabloid article as it was the first one i found that reported it.
have i suitably justified myself now?

16ht4eo.jpg

SHIT! I always seem to get beaten to the funniest posts!!!

Yesterday's performance against Stoke was the perfect illustration of why Liverpool will finish 6th this season.

No it was a perfect illustration of why Stoke will, i.e no one will give a penalty against them ever. We had 5 corners in our match and 5 stone wall penalties not given, you had about the same. It got fucking ridiculous yesterday.

Yesterday's performance against Stoke was the perfect illustration of why Liverpool will finish 6th this season.
6th??? if they're fucking lucky!

godawful, clueless chancers. woeful shit. 3 at the back? no strikers?

the best we could have hoped for was a peno for some of that sexual assault going on in the box, but we hardly deserved it.

stoke, a clubfooted, brainless oaf of a team looked like fucking inter milan. kenny has made some poor decisions in the last year, his team on saturday was up there among the worst of them.

I lost all respect for Stoke when they had a throw in the Liverpool half with 1 minute to go and Delap only threw it short to someone at the corner flag.

Kuyt's a striker, in theory at least.
And don't be too hard on Stoke - they're the Ireland of the Premiership.
stoke did what they do. liverpool should have expected that. but they played like it was a complete surprise to them. nasty stoke, won't let us score. not fair. that's what it was like. and charlie adam pinging sixty yard balls into the corner, while the entire stoke team sat around the middle of the pitch was a complete waste of time. what we needed was someone who could control the ball and run at them. also, a formation that made sense would have helped.

bah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back