new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

if only it was possible to do an eternal sunshine of the spotless mind on these pricks and erase my supporting of them from memory. sick of giving a shit about this useless shower. this drawing at home thing has gone from a joke to being fucking predictably ridiculous at this stage.

have sen most, if not all, televised games this season. downing started well but has completely turned to shit of late. taking on players, getting to the line and dinking in a cross was a feature in the first few games. doesnt seem to have the balls to take on players these days. when this 'winger' gets the ball these days, he turns his back to the goal and passes it back to his own player i.e. goes nowhwere. just one of many pet hates at the moment thats really pissing me off. never rated him but was willing to give him a chance seeing as though he had joined a so called good team and had a promising enough season last year to make the England team on a fairly regular basis. well, hes fuckin rubbish. 55m on two pieces of shit.

if only it was possible to do an eternal sunshine of the spotless mind on these pricks and erase my supporting of them from memory. sick of giving a shit about this useless shower. this drawing at home thing has gone from a joke to being fucking predictably ridiculous at this stage.
ha ha! i was going to post exactly the same thing yesterday.
the football is absolute shit. swansea are better, and they didn't spend 60 million quid on downing, adam and carroll. kenny's pursuit of british players is gonna destroy the club, especially if he goes after defoe for 20 million quid...fuck that.

ha ha! i was going to post exactly the same thing yesterday.
the football is absolute shit. swansea are better, and they didn't spend 60 million quid on downing, adam and carroll. kenny's pursuit of british players is gonna destroy the club, especially if he goes after defoe for 20 million quid...fuck that.

Defoe would be a good purchase but 20 million is off the chart. 'Arry playing 'ardball so they're likely gonna settle on 15 which is still far too much.

waaay too much. he's no spring chicken, and frankly he hasn't been banging them in, has he? if he was, Arry wouldn't sell him. they want the funds to buy a much better player, Loic remy or Fernando Llorente. Frankly, liverpool should be after lads of that quality before not-quite-but-very-nearly-past-it-occasional-goalscorers just cos they happen to be flaming english.

that Zaha! chap from palace looks tasty. and i'd love a piece of tiote. and throw xherdan shaqiri into the mix, why not. ah, where's me pipe, time for a dream. defoe, joey barton and chris brunt is what we'll end up with. BAH.

waaay too much. he's no spring chicken, and frankly he hasn't been banging them in, has he? if he was, Arry wouldn't sell him. they want the funds to buy a much better player, Loic remy or Fernando Llorente. Frankly, liverpool should be after lads of that quality before not-quite-but-very-nearly-past-it-occasional-goalscorers just cos they happen to be flaming english.

that Zaha! chap from palace looks tasty. and i'd love a piece of tiote. and throw xherdan shaqiri into the mix, why not. ah, where's me pipe, time for a dream. defoe, joey barton and chris brunt is what we'll end up with. BAH.

think it's time for kenny to hand back the keys. thanks for last season. get out with reputation mostly intact.

he's made a right bollocks of this season. it's gas, but with arsenal and chelsea being so generous, 4th should be in the bag. but it's been pissed away. he bought poorly, he sold poorly and he's made some awful tactical decisions. however, the back looks good. you start from there. it's just the front 5 who have been utter shit.

is that the back 5 front 5 tactic ?

Anyone any idea why Raul Mereiles went ? He seemed to fit perfectly.

he worked with Villas Boas at Porto before joining Liverpool, and he joined on some low-paying contract with an understanding that it would be renegotiated in the second season. So chelsea came in with a decent contract offer on the last day of August, he put in a request, and liverpool let him walk. after all, we had just signed the amazing stewart downing, the tireless charlie adam, and the dynamic jordan henderson, so had no obvious need for the man who had stepped into gerrard's spot last january and immediately banged in goals for 5 matches on the trot, who linked up beautifully with suarez to hammer arsenal in the last ten minutes at the emirates the week before, and who seems to be our only midfielder who actually knows how to get into the opponent's box.

he worked with Villas Boas at Porto before joining Liverpool, and he joined on some low-paying contract with an understanding that it would be renegotiated in the second season. So chelsea came in with a decent contract offer on the last day of August, he put in a request, and liverpool let him walk. after all, we had just signed the amazing stewart downing, the tireless charlie adam, and the dynamic jordan henderson, so had no obvious need for the man who had stepped into gerrard's spot last january and immediately banged in goals for 5 matches on the trot, who linked up beautifully with suarez to hammer arsenal in the last ten minutes at the emirates the week before, and who seems to be our only midfielder who actually knows how to get into the opponent's box.
hey! we have other creative midfielders! joe cole and alberto aquilani are adept at.....oh.

pool's new kit deal is apparently worth 25 million a year. that's more than united get. wow. now, if only we had some player worthy of the shirt.

This bunch?

lets-kick-racism-out-of-soccer.jpg

I heard adidas pulled the plug and it's someone else now?
some yanks called Warrior. they're offering an insane amount of lolly. adidas couldn't match it cos it's twice what the existing deal is worth. i heard that the warrior deal was done ages ago, last year sometime, i doubt adidas were ever really gonna stick around. they say that liverpool aren't worth the 25 mil, but i can't imagine they pay anyone that much.

lfc are the 4th most popular shirt sale on earth though. nearly a million shirts a year. which is nearly as many second and third jerseys adidas crammed into the last 6 years. i hope they're not as shit as reeebok and their stupid pink shirts.

Yeah, Adidas got in a stroppy press release before the Warrior announcement, basically saying Liverpool were in decline and they didn't want to continue with them. They were obviously annoyed at being blown out of the water by Warrior.

Transfer news is starting to hot up, only 10 days left. Who do you think needs to leave/come in in order for a top four challenge to be a reality?

De Jong - would be a great buy I reckon, a better enforcer than Lucas and could be got at a good price.
Llorente - Don't know much about him but i'd say they'll be priced out of that.
Aaron Lennon - Spurs will pitch him at a high price and I don't think he can deliver in any event.
Defoe - Would be a good buy at the right price.
Scott Dann - Don't think there's any need for more back up in this dept. They have three solid guys in Skrtel, Agger and Carragher. They've Coates and that guy from Rangers, Wilson?

Any wild cards/dark horses ye've heard on the grapevine??

YE'D ALL WANT TO COP THE FCUK ON IN THIS THREAD. LOSING YER SHITE AND STUFF.

i don't think nigel de jong is the way forward. he's a dirty cunt. as for lucas, good though he is, he's hardly been missed really, has he? i think henderson has dropped into that role and been pretty solid. he needs to score more goals, mind you. he's not alone there.

pace is the thing, i think liverpool need a winger. there's talk that carroll will be shipped out, probably in the summer and written off as an expensive mistake. but andy still has time to develop. why there's isn't the same kind of talk about stewart downing i don't know. he has been worse, in my opinion, because at 26, with 30 odd caps and 8 seasons or so in the top flight, he should be the finsihed article. this is as good as he'll ever be, and it's not good enough. i'd rather see him leave than andy c. anyway, there was a link with zaha, who'd be cool, but also scott sinclair, which i'm not sure about. try and nab milos krasic from juve, he's a good winger. as for defoe, ten million would be fair, anything else and it's too much, given his age and his relative lack of goals and games the last few years. i doubt harry will sell to liverpool mind.

can't see anything happening tho...and wilson is at blackpool for the rest of the season. some fast pricks is what we need. or some fancy ones. basically, not anyone from england.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back