new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

hodgson never got 100 million clams to piss against the brick wall that is andy carrol, or the donkey that is stewart downing, or the chipper's best friend that is charlie fucking adam. kenny's recruitment policy has been an abject failure. we got a decent left back, and in henderson, a player that looks like he could be really good in a few years. meanwhile kenny takes henderson out of the centre, puts him on the wing, where he's useles, and leaves a big hole in the middle of the park that even cahrlies massive girth couldn't fill. left us completely exposed. that was the first time we needed lucas, or even spearing. gerrard and adam in the middle? jesus...

and luis suarez... 9 games out? a 1/4 of the season at a time when he's really needed. i mean, tell me a massive ban for doing something to an opponent is an unusual occurrence for him...oh, yeah, right. well, at least he's scoring loads of...oh, yeah, right. our dead ball has been woeful this year, and with fat charlie and donkey boy in the team, it was supposed to be great. bellamy has been our best player recently, and he's 32. there's no real youth coming through either, despite loads of names being touted, and we're being linked with some really fucking cloggers. then there's the "cultural misunderstanding" thing. fuck sake. lfc are lucky that they got the deal with the new shirt boys after all that.

with the new sponsership and shirt deal netting them way more money than previously, i can't see the board hanging around while this circus continues. i reckon they'll cut kenny loose if he doesn't get it right. lose the next two games, and it's all over.

i mean it wouldn't be so bad if arse and chelsea weren't being so fucking accommodating. we're 5 points behind chelsea in 4th. we've dropped five points in the last two, eminently winnable games. bolton are terrible! but then, it's all relative.

if they go out of both cups this week and this league form continues afterwards(which it will undoubtedly) hes gotta go at the end of the season. Im an old romantic as much as the next supporter. would love to see dalglish do well at Liverpool but on this seasons evidence, hes not up to it at all at all. are the yanks sound enough to give him more cash to waste next summer if the season goes tits up? surely not

fuckin hell...pull yer necks in...its hardly kenny missing glorious chances in front of goal or striking the woodwork 248 1/2 times is it?
the football has been pretty good for the most part of the season. a striker in form and alot of those draws would have been the wins they should have.
how many games have they lost that they deserved to lose? 2? 3 maybe?

all we're hearing is City are missing toure and kompany yada yada...Pool are missing Lucas and Suarez and havent a portion of the squad City have.
Yep players havent delivered and yep Kenny defo signed some of them but theres fuck all competition at the moment for their places.

fuckin patience. god knows yer waiting long enough.

liverpool are missing suarez because he's a mentaller with a history of missing games through suspension. not to mention he's hardly banging them in. much as i think he's great, i also think he needs a foil up top or it becomes entirely about him. but kenny has bought mostly shit, and he's gotten it very wrong tactically a few times. and when does hitting the post 452 times a game stop being about luck? none of the front players are scoring, or look like it. there's some kind of crisis of confidence there now. charlie adam is about as useless as me, and half as fit. and yet he gets picked every game. there's glaring holes in the squad and he's bought nobody this window, probably because the club don't want to give him any more money. the team doesn't appear to have a shape, god knows what the tactics were for the stoke game, and the insane way the city game fnished didn't fill me with joy.taking henderson out of the middle was a huge mistake. but then again, we've no right wingers, because we spent too much money on too little. i don't believe that you claim to be a top club, spend 100 million quid in a year and then moan because two players are missing. nobody feels sorry for man city. they get what they deserve, they throw 30 mil a pop on forwards and shore up the back with a player no one has heard of. of course they have good players that they don't even consider for the first team too. mancini seems to fall out with players. so i feel no sympathy for them, and the comparison doesn't work. very little about the way this season has gone has filled me with joy. the worry with kenny was whether he's in touch with the game any more. that's still a worry for me. we're not a sophisticated team.

I was shrewd enough to avoid the game but couldn't possibly be worse than:

- Wolves at Anfield last December
- Everton at Goodison in the first part of the season.
it was as bad as those games. but those games didn't include a 35 million quid striker.

this is fucking depressing.

kkkultv1k20.gif

it was as bad as those games. but those games didn't include a 35 million quid striker.

this is fucking depressing.[/QUOTE

Yeah they had a 50m one instead
eh...wha?
if hodgson or rafa spent 100 million whaaahooos and got their team to play like that, then come out and say it was the players fault for not being focussed enough, they'd be fucking strung up.

however this time next week we sould be in the league cup final, and have beaten united in the cup. arsenal and chelsea could continue to drop points, spurs could crumble. we could win all of our next 12 games or so and push city for the title. andy carrol could find his touch, and turn into a latter day mick channon. downing could tear up the wing, embarrassing full backs like a young tony daley. charlie adam could spray that ball around like a fat jan molby, and young henderson could display the tenacity and range of a young steven gerrard. this could all happen, couldn't it? i mean, for 75 million quid it could, yeah? i mean, 75 million quid, that's really fuck all in the modern game. an aguero, silva and nasri, maybe. a cesc fabregas, modric and sneijder. you know, donkeys like that.

Torres = 50m no?

wages play a big factor in the players you're name dropping. Not just about meeting their signing on fee.

Torres = 50m no?

wages play a big factor in the players you're name dropping. Not just about meeting their signing on fee.
either they can kick a ball or they can't. they clearly can't.

i'm sure there are chelsea fan thinking of the players they could have had for 50 million. spurs wouldn't have refused that for modric, and now they wouldn't be ahead of the chelsea if they'd sold him.

hiding behind wages and amortisation and accounts and fees spread out over 5 years and recouping this and that is just obfuscating the point, much as saying that evra got to watch the tv while he gave his evidence is missing the point. downing and adam are shit. suarez said a bad thing. etc etc. there's only so much jargon one can spew out while quoting stats. "stewart downing has put more crosses into the box that any other football in the history of football. he's made more crosses than the entire roman army back when they were nailing hebrews to trees" and so forth. football isn't played on excel spreadsheets, mah fren. if we got downing for what he's worth, i.e a 6 pack of red bull and a hand job at the back of the bus, then we could collectively shrug our shoulders. but 20 million quid could have bought a footballer. an actual footballer. and the worst part is that stew has always been so-so. this isn't a surprise. if anything he's worse than he was at villa.

i had a dream last night that carroll scores twice in tonight's game. i think carroll could be good, it's just that he isn't. if he bags those two dream goals, he'll go on a run and soon we'll be hailing the white drogba. whooops, did i say white? i mean't friend. it's a cultural thing. i still think henderson is improving, but he's not a right mid player, and if he's still here in 10 years time with a bag of tin and a head covered in caps, 16 million would look like a snip. after all, man u fans just berate michael carrick by calling him shit, not by quoting the price they paid for him (18 million) cos, well, they won plenty of shit with him in the team. but adam and stew are not getting any better. they are in fact in their prime.

speaking of wages and the rest of it, isn't that why meireles left? they wouldn't honour an agreement to up his stipend. i think on the one hand you say, look, we were shit last season and you played every single game, what's you point? but on the other hand, if we never signed charlie adam, we could have paid him his raise and had a much better player on the books. i say we, but i can't afford to an xxl replicla charlie adam shirt. i think they're all in xxl.

i also think that if mash and alonso hadn't left, and ian rush was 23 for ever and billy liddle wasn't dead, and kenny never sold peter beardsley and bought david speedie (see it's not just now...but when you're winning, everyone is singing) and if fat jan would just come back for a few more seasons and yadda yadda. oh yeah, if we never got rid of brad friedel.... my god, it's been 20 fucking years. at least i can remember the last time. i should have enjoyed it more.

aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...sorry. i think negrito-gate coloured my perception of this whole season.

but we'll win tonight, and struggle valiantly against the mighty cardiff. andy c with two. you'll see.

i may even go to the boozer for this one. owzat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back