new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

I'm sharing the grief Hector. It was a good idea getting a club legend in to call the shots when he literally could do no worse than what had gone before, but now it's turned all nightmarish and arse-backwards.

I'm not even talking about the frustrating results and the dodgy signings. I can deal with that, because I'm used to it, and anyway I said at the time that we'd be missing Lucas in a huge way, he's easily our best player and his absence is why we can't really control matches anymore.

I just really dislike recent developments in the club. I don't understand how you back someone to the hilt when they are fairly accused of making racial remarks on the pitch one month, then criticise the whole team for not living up to the 'traditions' of the club 4 weeks later, after they get tonked while running around like headless chickens. I think that's a bit inconsistent. I get the feeling that decisions are being made in a reactionary gut instinct way rather than a rational or principled way. I also get the feeling that the boss (the king) is unassailable. I'd have been completely in agreement with the boss (the king) but frankly, being told that I will blindly deny that Suarez did anything wrong if I'm a real supporter has sort of soured things for me with him.

Went to see a very entertaining match between Benfica v Gil Vicente on Sunday in Lisbon (3-1 Benfica), and have a ticket to see Spurs v Wigan on Tuesday (I've been working about 20m from WHL for the last 4 years, so it's about time). I think that rather than saving up for expensive trips up to Liverpool once a year, I 'm going to focus on enjoying it again for a while. Upton Park for the Palace match should be a good one too.

No one asked ya!
imgres
meow.jpg

I'm predicting a back 5 holding what you have for 83 minutes then a scrappy equaliser followed by a back 10 from liverpool for the remainder of the game and extra time then Liverpool win on penalties.

If I was a Liverpool supporter I would be climbing the walls right now. How is this the same team that turns in utterly limp performances week in week out ?

Still I could be right about the back 5 in the second half though.

That's more like it.
Agree with Oh Shit above that the handling of the Suarez debacle had really soured things. That's not my club. Fuck that shit.
PS - just what is the purpose of Gareth Barry? The guy is a joke.

That's more like it.
Agree with Oh Shit above that the handling of the Suarez debacle had really soured things. That's not my club. Fuck that shit.
PS - just what is the purpose of Gareth Barry? The guy is a joke.

You're right. Its not your club.
Unless you are in fact John Henry.

If I was a Liverpool supporter I would be climbing the walls right now. How is this the same team that turns in utterly limp performances week in week out ?

Still I could be right about the back 5 in the second half though.

You watch liverpool week in week out?

You watch liverpool week in week out?

As often as I can, Watched Bolton, second half against Stoke and the first leg against City All of which were fairly awful.

Anyway I meant that the general concensus is that the Liverpools performances have been limp for a while now and that the performance against City could be infuriating because it shows what they are capable of. Tempo-wise they were like a completely different team last night.

And wait are you saying Liverpool aren't an infuriating side at the moment ?

Maybe I'm missing your point here.

I live for the day the a reporter tells Kenny to fuck off after getting a series of sarky one word answers off him, honestly with the point of that dour old cunt turning up for them ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back