new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (6 Viewers)

by the way, rip gary ablett. the new hansen, as he was back then. i remember watching him when he was breaking into the team.
e4fcb7547015ee78c826127721838650.jpg

RIP

i wonder if you called steve sidell a ginger cunt would you get a ban?

john terry better be executed or something after this. i'd like it to go away now. suarez ain't playing tonight. he gets a rest about this time very year, doesn't he. he should have just bitten the prick, it would have been easier in the long run.

I'm gonna call you a negrito next time I see you at Ringsend. Then I'm gonna continue my Suarez impression, biting Trev, not scoring any goals, and getting sent off for pretending to be the goalie.

I'm gonna call you a negrito next time I see you at Ringsend. Then I'm gonna continue my Suarez impression, biting Trev, not scoring any goals, and getting sent off for pretending to be the goalie.
you can't stop the ball when you are the goalie.

I would tend to agree if I could fully believe the findings - I think both Evra and Suarez are lying about their versions of the incident and Evra was a better liar at the hearing, because he was prepared and was guided through with video evidence, knowing that he's already been stung for making up shit at an FA tribunal. I'm starting to think that Liverpool should just release a lengthy statement detailing their position, because at the moment it seems like they're trying to urge some kind of solidarity for Suarez acting like a prick on the pitch, which is a bit silly, and something a lot of people won't be comfortable with.

out of interest, why do you think Evra is lying?

Out of interest does anyone have a decent knowledge of Spanish as spoken in Spain, just wondering as I assume that Evra's apparent working knowledge of the language is based on that, would "Porque negro" be considered an acceptable phrase in that style of the language?

Hold up, so what about spanish ? If John Terry is facing a ban for calling Ferdinand a "Black bastard" doesn't it follow that "Negro" anything is going to get a ban ? Either way Suarez should have known better.

yes, that's the point. the FA rules aren't about whether or not a player is or is not a racist person, it's whether or not they used racial language abusively.

John Terry isn't facing a ban by the FA, he's facing prosecution under the criminal law by the CPS - though the offence is more or less exactly the same issue. His defence appears to be that he didn't use racial abuse, and the famous TV clip of him saying 'fucking black cunt' was actually him making a denial to Ferdinand - Oy, Anton, I didn't call you a fbc...

Which begs the question of what he did say that was so misconstrued. CPS are prosecuting which means they must think they have a good chance of convicting him on whatever evidence they've got.

If Terry is convicted, the FA will have to do something too. If he beats the charge, it's unlikely that the FA will do anything, because there's pretty much no way that a Tribunal hearing will reach a different conclusion to evidence which has already been tested in the criminal courts. Unless he beats it on some technicality but the facts are established that he still probably did it... which is just really unlikely.

If he beats the charge, it's unlikely that the FA will do anything, because there's pretty much no way that a Tribunal hearing will reach a different conclusion to evidence which has already been tested in the criminal courts. Unless he beats it on some technicality but the facts are established that he still probably did it... which is just really unlikely.

You're a lawyer IIRC so obviously you'd know better than I would but there's no chance that the FA, who operate under the lesser, civil, burden of probability than the criminal courts might not go for it anyway? (The OJ in-laws did somethng similar yes?)

yes, that's the point. the FA rules aren't about whether or not a player is or is not a racist person, it's whether or not they used racial language abusively.

John Terry isn't facing a ban by the FA, he's facing prosecution under the criminal law by the CPS - though the offence is more or less exactly the same issue. His defence appears to be that he didn't use racial abuse, and the famous TV clip of him saying 'fucking black cunt' was actually him making a denial to Ferdinand - Oy, Anton, I didn't call you a fbc...

Which begs the question of what he did say that was so misconstrued. CPS are prosecuting which means they must think they have a good chance of convicting him on whatever evidence they've got.

If Terry is convicted, the FA will have to do something too. If he beats the charge, it's unlikely that the FA will do anything, because there's pretty much no way that a Tribunal hearing will reach a different conclusion to evidence which has already been tested in the criminal courts. Unless he beats it on some technicality but the facts are established that he still probably did it... which is just really unlikely.

Thanks I didn't actually know that Tery had gotten off without a ban when did that happen ? and are you really a lawyer?

You're a lawyer IIRC so obviously you'd know better than I would but there's no chance that the FA, who operate under the lesser, civil, burden of probability than the criminal courts might not go for it anyway? (The OJ in-laws did somethng similar yes?)

I don't really know better when it comes to the FA... I suppose that if Ferdinand and QPR reported it to the FA then they would have that power open to them, but I don't know the details of the regs on that or whether or not it was reported to the FA to initiate their processes.

I believe that the police investigation only began after a complaint from a member of the public... the fact that a third party can make such a complaint to the police is an interesting aspect of the UK's race related criminal laws in itself.

You're right that there is a much lower standard for the FA to make sanctions than there would be in a criminal trial where the defendant need only raise reasonable doubt, but I think it's just really unlikely that they would go ahead trying to make different findings because a) they won't get any better evidence than that which is already dealt with in public court proceedings, b) it's the England captain etc, and c) they aren't obliged to do it and the FA isn't a judicial body, so it would set a strange precedent that would potentially appear contemptuous of court (unlike a civil court case or an inquest). But mainly I think that in practical terms, if he beats the rap he'll need to have a pretty good explanation for why it's all been a misunderstanding so I can't imagine what would be left to investigate.

Thanks I didn't actually know that Tery had gotten off without a ban when did that happen ?

He's not got off with anything yet, but afaik the only investigation is the police/CPS one, which is external to the football world. Just sayin that if he's found guilty, there would be Enormous Pressure on the FA to take action too though.

and are you really a lawyer?

It sometimes surprises me too.

Oh, boy, LFC should shut the fuck up now. This is wrong. Evra is lucky, he's one of the world's most recognisable footballers, playing for one of the worlds biggest teams, and backed by the english games biggest manager. and he's getting abuse, not just from idiots on the web, but from lfc and the rest of it. what if some young kid is getting abuse from another player, be they whatever colour, or from whatever country? you know, even calling someone a paddy can cause offence. why would anyone complain about it? they'd think it's not worth their while, they'd ruin their career and that's wrong. Sure, LFC are saying suarez isn't a racist. butthe comission sad that, and evra said that, and it's not really the issue. suarez was wrong, what's okay in U-r-gay might not go down a storm in England, and he should know that. clearly part of his game is being unpopular and winding people up. he thought he had evra on the ropes. this is what sepp blatter means by having a hand shake to smooth things over. suarez should have apoligised after the game and said, hey, it's all banter right? rrrrrrriiiiiight. evra called his bluff, and he was well within his rights to do so. and LFC's and suarez's attitude is no "how do we protect our image"? after all, there's t-shirts that need selling. the whole thing is a disaster. if suarez's defence was that "negro" is grand in his gaff, he should have said so afterwards and apologised right away. look at terry, he got his story out before there was even a complaint. even though it's nonsense, at least he'll be consistent.

the fact that evra is a bit of a dick in general has nothing to do with it. he has the strength to complain about it. a lesser player might have just taken it, and that's a horrible thought.

they're acting like there's something we don't know. maybe fergie leant on the fa, maybe god himself intervened, it's all irrelevant because suarez should have known better, and LFC should have apologised on his behalf. "cultural" my bollocks. just cos it's part of the "culture" in russia to make monkey noises at black players doesn't excuse it. liverpool are depressing me both on and off the pitch. sigh. can't we move on? no good can come of it.

liverpool will be falling over themselves to buy some black players now, just to show that they're not a racist institution. "but some of our best players are colou...um...black!" expect the return of emile heskey.

i wonder what zidane would have done, faced with that? he'd have broken suarez's front teeth and gotten the ban for himself.

sigh. i don't even know why i'm bothering.

Oh, boy, LFC should shut the fuck up now. This is wrong. Evra is lucky, he's one of the world's most recognisable footballers, playing for one of the worlds biggest teams, and backed by the english games biggest manager. and he's getting abuse, not just from idiots on the web, but from lfc and the rest of it. what if some young kid is getting abuse from another player, be they whatever colour, or from whatever country? you know, even calling someone a paddy can cause offence. why would anyone complain about it? they'd think it's not worth their while, they'd ruin their career and that's wrong. Sure, LFC are saying suarez isn't a racist. butthe comission sad that, and evra said that, and it's not really the issue. suarez was wrong, what's okay in U-r-gay might not go down a storm in England, and he should know that. clearly part of his game is being unpopular and winding people up. he thought he had evra on the ropes. this is what sepp blatter means by having a hand shake to smooth things over. suarez should have apoligised after the game and said, hey, it's all banter right? rrrrrrriiiiiight. evra called his bluff, and he was well within his rights to do so. and LFC's and suarez's attitude is no "how do we protect our image"? after all, there's t-shirts that need selling. the whole thing is a disaster. if suarez's defence was that "negro" is grand in his gaff, he should have said so afterwards and apologised right away. look at terry, he got his story out before there was even a complaint. even though it's nonsense, at least he'll be consistent.

the fact that evra is a bit of a dick in general has nothing to do with it. he has the strength to complain about it. a lesser player might have just taken it, and that's a horrible thought.

they're acting like there's something we don't know. maybe fergie leant on the fa, maybe god himself intervened, it's all irrelevant because suarez should have known better, and LFC should have apologised on his behalf. "cultural" my bollocks. just cos it's part of the "culture" in russia to make monkey noises at black players doesn't excuse it. liverpool are depressing me both on and off the pitch. sigh. can't we move on? no good can come of it.

liverpool will be falling over themselves to buy some black players now, just to show that they're not a racist institution. "but some of our best players are colou...um...black!" expect the return of emile heskey.

i wonder what zidane would have done, faced with that? he'd have broken suarez's front teeth and gotten the ban for himself.

sigh. i don't even know why i'm bothering.

I'm very glad you bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back