new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

That's Evra the cry-baby rat?

He's a despicable shit but as soon as this happened people started repeating untrue stories about how he'd made an allegation against Steve Finnan and against the groundstaff at Chelsea when in fact it was other people, in fact it was some lip reader watching on TV who claimed Finnan had done it.

He's a despicable shit but as soon as this happened people started repeating untrue stories about how he'd made an allegation against Steve Finnan and against the groundstaff at Chelsea when in fact it was other people, in fact it was some lip reader watching on TV who claimed Finnan had done it.

My heart is breaking for Patrice Evra in all of this.

Don't forget he still has the offensive gestures hearing to come. I'd be surprised if they knock any games off considering his record and the "Respect" "Stamp Out Racism" campaigns that are on going in the game. It's harsh sure, but really not all that surprising.

i very much hope the entire decision is published because this is clearly a difficult case. apparently suarez kept calling him 'negrito' or something to that effect and apparently, if you're from Uruguay that's just like saying 'lovable black scamp'. setting aside the obvious point that a striker and defender are unlikely to wind each other up with warm terms of endearment, ("zidane, your mother is honest and kind!"), it's also difficult to argue the case that suarez is a naive young boy just off the boat. he's spent years in europe already and must know how that would go over.

and what about liverpool's black players? or ajax? has he called all of them negrito as well? would anyone like to have gone on the record about that - glen johnson, rahim sterling, daniel amoo, someone must have heard it.

as for 8 matches, well if it's a racist comment then fair enough. terry should be banned for at least the same.

That's spin and lies by LFC, Evra's "prior allegations" were never made by Evra.

I presume that is not a reference to the supposed claims of racist abuse by Patrice Evra, which it turned out, were never made by Patrice Evra, but instead a reference to the FA Disciplinary panel describing him as an "extremely unreliable witness" who had provided exaggerated testimony after the scuffle when United lost a match at Stamford Bridge in 2008.

How far can Pool take this? I'm assuming they'll appeal it, given the tone of their statement. But if they lose that is it the end of the line? Can they take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport?

If the 8 games stand then Liverpool's season rests on the form of Carroll. If he can't pick up 3-4 goals with Suarez out and set up some more then Pool won't get anywhere near 4th place.

i very much hope the entire decision is published because this is clearly a difficult case. apparently suarez kept calling him 'negrito' or something to that effect and apparently, if you're from Uruguay that's just like saying 'lovable black scamp'. setting aside the obvious point that a striker and defender are unlikely to wind each other up with warm terms of endearment, ("zidane, your mother is honest and kind!"), it's also difficult to argue the case that suarez is a naive young boy just off the boat. he's spent years in europe already and must know how that would go over.

and what about liverpool's black players? or ajax? has he called all of them negrito as well? would anyone like to have gone on the record about that - glen johnson, rahim sterling, daniel amoo, someone must have heard it.

as for 8 matches, well if it's a racist comment then fair enough. terry should be banned for at least the same.

Yeh, it is pretty pointless to hash over any of it while just reading hearsay from the paper. Presuming the findings of the disciplinary committee are published, it will be interesting to see what they say. LFC's stance seems to be incredulity that Suarez has been found guilty, rather than at the length of the ban.

To be honest, I couldn't give a fuck about the length of the ban, I'd be far more worried about clearing his name and removing this slur about him. Again, without knowing exactly what has gone on exactly in the hearing it's difficult to say, but given the strength of LFC's reaction, it wouldn't seem like the F.A.'s decision has any chance of standing up in a court where guilt of an offence has to be proven beyond any reasonable doubt. In this instance, the whole thing seems to be riddled with extremely reasonable doubts - with no other witnessed corroborating it, with a massively important cultural difference which obviously informs how Suarez expresses himself, with the admission of both the FA and Evra that Suarez is "not a racist," whether or not the word he used can even be construed as an insult in the context and whether or not the testimony of someone with Evra's previous history of being an extremely unreliable witness who gives exaggerated testimony can be borne in mind without doubt.

Its a muddy fuckhole of a problem that will generate a mountain load more of tedious LFC/MUFC abuse and hatred over what appears to be a non-existent problem or a small misunderstanding between two people speaking in two different languages. The whole thing has been very poorly handled from start to finish by the F.A. if you ask me. Having dragged it on for 3 months, it will most likely drag on for another few months creating more and more animosity and cause a lot more stupid football fans to think too hard about racism in a black and white way, rather than approaching the subject sensitively and using it as an opportunity for education, as Tim Vickery pointed out in his excellent article on the matter, rather than, as it seems, use the racism issue as a platform from which lay seige on Dear Leader Sepp Blatter.

Another thing that might come out is that there seems to be more than one incident. There's the one where Mariner was talking to Evra and Suarez and Suarez patted Evra on the head and Evra reacted angrily and the one mentioned in the LFC statement regarding the incident in the goalmouth in front of the Kop. It will be interesting to see what either players testimony says and see whether this does boil down to a cultural misunderstanding, or whether it is a case of one person's version of events versus another person's version.

another fucking insipid slog
adam and henderson have to now be classed as disasterous. neither of them know how to press the ball when defending, they just keep backing off. meanwhile adam's hollywood passes rarely create anything worthwhile. net result is that we kept giving away possession and not winning it back until it hits our centrebacks, who luckily are now by far our most consistent players. none of the verve from last season remains. i knew lucas would be a huge loss but is it too much to ask for charlie adam to chase a fucking ball? we were ten times better when gerrard came on, and that's a fairly worrying state. meanwhile carroll and downing continue to create fuck all.
rip it up and start again, again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back